Old May 31st 04, 11:50 PM
William

Default Attention MARS & Ex MARS Operators

"Keyboard In The Noise" wrote in message news:Rk8uc.11367$oi5.4004@fed1read07...
FYI: A MARS and Veterans Communicators Reunion is in the making -- a
friend AC6V has posted it on his website.

MARS = Military Affiliate Radio System

http://ac6v.com/MARSREUNION.htm

Please don't e-mail me (I'm Anon) or AC6V

See web page for contacts and further info.

This might be a good place to bring up a discussion on "Sorry Hans,
"MARS IS Amateur Radio," thanks to Steve/K4YZ/K4CAP for
providing such interesting topics.
Old June 7th 04, 12:16 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(William) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...
Subject: Attention MARS & Ex MARS Operators
From:
(William)
Date: 5/31/2004 5:50 PM Central Standard Time

This might be a good place to bring up a discussion on "Sorry Hans,
"MARS IS Amateur Radio," thanks to Steve/K4YZ/K4CAP for
providing such interesting topics.

Hmmmmm....I just might go.

You ought to go. Be sure to wear your Civil Air Patrol uniform with
real rank on it.

Sere you in Vegas, Brain?

I hope not. I'd rather not cross paths with you. I don't think
you're mentally stable.

Of course you don't.

Your "fear" is that I will be able to make an even bigger fool of
you in person that I do via this forum.

I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Or do you have another Boy Scout camp-out that
weekend?

I don't know what weekend the reunion is, so I don't know if I have a
Scout trip or not. But I did have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend
camping with all of my sons, without the Scouts.

Congratulations.

Do you realize that I was never in a comm career field?

Your point is?

What part of "former members" did you have a problem with?

Do you know
that I resigned from the BST when I left Illinois, and have not
rejoined MARS at this new location?

What qualifications would I attend under?

What part of "former members" did you not understand?

Sheeeeesh.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 8th 04, 01:53 AM
William

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(William) wrote in message . com...
From:
(William)
Date: 5/31/2004 5:50 PM Central Standard Time

This might be a good place to bring up a discussion on "Sorry Hans,
"MARS IS Amateur Radio," thanks to Steve/K4YZ/K4CAP for
providing such interesting topics.

Hmmmmm....I just might go.

You ought to go. Be sure to wear your Civil Air Patrol uniform with
real rank on it.

Sere you in Vegas, Brain?

I hope not. I'd rather not cross paths with you. I don't think
you're mentally stable.

Of course you don't.

Your "fear" is that I will be able to make an even bigger fool of
you in person that I do via this forum.

Actually, No. I fear that you'll go postal and people will get hurt.

Or do you have another Boy Scout camp-out that
weekend?

I don't know what weekend the reunion is, so I don't know if I have a
Scout trip or not. But I did have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend
camping with all of my sons, without the Scouts.

Congratulations.

Do you realize that I was never in a comm career field?

Your point is?

What part of "former members" did you have a problem with?

Do you know
that I resigned from the BST when I left Illinois, and have not
rejoined MARS at this new location?

What qualifications would I attend under?

What part of "former members" did you not understand?

Sheeeeesh.

Steve, K4YZ

So you want me to travel across the country because I used to be a BST
volunteer at SAFB?

Sheeeeeeesh!
Old June 8th 04, 03:25 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
From:
(William)
Date: 5/31/2004 5:50 PM Central Standard Time

This might be a good place to bring up a discussion on "Sorry Hans,
"MARS IS Amateur Radio," thanks to Steve/K4YZ/K4CAP for
providing such interesting topics.

Hmmmmm....I just might go.

You ought to go. Be sure to wear your Civil Air Patrol uniform with
real rank on it.

Sere you in Vegas, Brain?

I hope not. I'd rather not cross paths with you. I don't think
you're mentally stable.

Of course you don't.

Your "fear" is that I will be able to make an even bigger fool of
you in person that I do via this forum.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie's obsessional psychosis is advancing.

I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Fantasy Island imagination is coloring his reality perception.

Wrong color.

Or do you have another Boy Scout camp-out that
weekend?

I don't know what weekend the reunion is, so I don't know if I have a
Scout trip or not. But I did have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend
camping with all of my sons, without the Scouts.

Congratulations.

Did you get a "medical discharge" from the Scouts, too?

[just wondering what was on your "DD-214" from BSA...]

Do you realize that I was never in a comm career field?

Your point is?

What part of "former members" did you have a problem with?

Poor nursie never do no military comms. Tsk, tsk.

Do you know
that I resigned from the BST when I left Illinois, and have not
rejoined MARS at this new location?

What qualifications would I attend under?

What part of "former members" did you not understand?

Sheeeeesh.

Your member got cut off? Oh, no, you only ACT like John Wayne
whatsisname. Sorry about dat.

Are you claiming that Boy Scouts make up MARS now?

It's very difficult to follow where nursie are going wid dis...

LHA / WMD
Old June 8th 04, 07:00 PM
Avery Hightower

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message

Only if you thought that your being at a social function with other
like-minded radio afficiondoes was something you'd find rewarding.

In my experience (yours may differ) the 'afficiondoes' (sic) tend toward
socially-inept ill-groomed gentlemen in quasi-officious looking jumpsuits
with lots of embroidered badges, and ballcaps with 'scrambled eggs' on the
bill. Distinctly unrewarding!

73,

Avery

Old June 8th 04, 10:54 PM
William

From:
(William)
Date: 6/7/2004 7:53 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
.com...

Your "fear" is that I will be able to make an even bigger fool of
you in person that I do via this forum.

Actually, No. I fear that you'll go postal and people will get hurt.

Only if you raise your hands above your waist with a blunt object in it.
And that would be " a person"...not "people".

I don't think it would take that much to get a violent reaction from
you, so please stay away from me.

Otherwise I'll just point and snicker...Kinda like I have been doing for
the last two years. That I can do from here.

I offer you some constructive criticism (get mental health help), but
you point and snicker? You libs are all alike.

So you want me to travel across the country because I used to be a BST
volunteer at SAFB?

Sheeeeeeesh!

Only if you thought that your being at a social function with other
like-minded radio afficiondoes was something you'd find rewarding. The
solicitation invited all persons who had some past participation/interest in
the program. Obviously you weren't that interested or dedicated to the
program.

I've always participated to a greater extent than required. However,
I am no longer a participant.

But since I doubt that you were much more help to that BST than you've
been to the "DXing Community" with your T5 experiences, no, I doubt that your
being at a convention of past or present MARS participants would be
appropriate.

Perhaps you'll find some handicap parking when you get there.