Old June 21st 04, 04:31 PM
William

(Avery Fineman) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message

and I mention that
the U.S. military quit using manual telegraphy for fixed-point
communications in 1948.

They did? Everywhere?

Or did they simply start phasing it out in 1948?

And what about non-fixed-point communications, such as between ships?

And what about the CW courses still being taught at Fort
Huncha-something somewhere in the southwest? Ohyez, the feds still
have an abiding and ongoing interest in the use of CW.

"Abiding?!?" Crock.

Fort Huachuca is the Military Intelligence center for the U.S. Army.

One duty of M.I. is to run intercepts on foreign communications.

Some foeign countries still think that manual telegraphy is
"effective" so the M.I. teach morse code to intercept
analysts. For LISTENING.

The only "use" for morse code is in LISTENING, of intercepts,
ELINT.

The U.S. military does NOT use manual telegraphy for
radio communications. [USN blinker lights are not radio]

The Signal Corps is the communications branch of the Army.
The Signal Center is at Fort Gordon, GA. The Signal Center
doesn't teach any morse code receiving or sending.

Katapult Kellie should valve off all that steam and join the
rest of the world in this new millennium.

Good luck on that one, now...

LHA / WMD

Even the FCC and VEC's quit administering a Morse sending test. They
only administered a receiving test.

Hmmmmm?

Maybe the sending test would have been a disincentive to CW use on HF.
Old June 21st 04, 10:41 PM
Len Over 21

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
In article , Alun
writes:

(N2EY) wrote in
:

In article ,

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: Temper Fry, Was Able Baker Charlie
From:
(Steve Robeson K4CAP)
Date: 15 Jun 2004 07:58:59 GMT

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/14/2004 11:17 PM Central Standard Time
You are still going to claim that Brian "lost" his logs, aren't
you?

As long as he keeps refusing to post some sort of "evidence" for
the claims he made, yes.

Why?

He may know just where they are.

They may have been in a garage at one time and in a storage unit
another.

You don't really know either way, do you? Tsk, tsk.

It's not what I know or don't know, Your Putziness....It's what
PuppetBoy can produce to substantiate his claims.

Can produce or will produce?

Regardless of wether they are in his garage, a rental storage
unit, his
bathroom reading rack, or his imagination, they are NOT "here"...THAT
is fact.

So what's the problem?

Anyone who reads these exchanges knows that Mr. Burke will simply
avoid/refuse any sort of substantive answer on the subject. That's
pretty much a given.

So why bother about it?

Brain knows that even if he produces some log with callsigns in it, it
becomes a simple matter to contact the various persons to ascertain if
they really DID work T5/N0IMD.

Maybe.

Or maybe those people will have moved, changed callsigns, passed away,
etc.

I am now sure that Jim was right. I am sure that Brain HAS a T5/N0IMD
"logbook" somewhere.

IIRC, the exact calim was "logs", not "logbooks". Could be some pieces
of wood.

It's just that it's empty.

Or maybe there's one entry. Or two. Or three.

Remember there were no claims as to number of QSOs, band, mode, rig,
etc. One local VHF/UHF QSO would count as "operation" wouldn't it?

Exactly. For example, I have operated from St Martin (FS) - one QSO on 2m

FM. I probably have a log of it somewhere. Ironically, that QSO was with
another country, St Martin (PJ7), but it doesn't count because it was via

the local repeater in PJ7.

Perfect example! Thanks, Alun!

In point of fact, the alleged /T5 operation was allegedly on 10 meters,

and
at
least two QSOs (OD5 and somewhere in Eastern Europe) were reportedly made.
Given the state of 10 meters in 1993, such contact reports are quite

credible,
even with a very makeshift station.

Good grief . . lotta burdensome worn out nonsense here.

Absolutely.

Ham radio is a licensed service everywhere on this particular planet
except in the cases of some very rare spits of dry land over which no
nation claims as it's soverign territory and/or, given the lack of
civilian licensing authority, then it gets down to whatever military
force happens to hold sway in the neighborhood, etc., etc., the
Spratleys being a particulary oddball example. Which is basically
irrelevant in this thread, we all know this. Apologies.

There seems to be some dispute as to what level in the military command
structure can authorize amateur operation, and what level of paperwork is
necessary.

You two Veterans of the military can establish that, can't you?

After all, another PCTA has flattly stated "MARS IS amateur
radio."

Since MARS is rather obviously military, defined by DoD and not
the FCC, then it is a simple extension of such knowledge to
say that military communications is also amateur. :-)

Next time you two dine at the Captain's Table, bring it up.

In Alun's case he tripped to the isle of Saint Martin and worked into
PJ7 as a G/FS or as a W/FS as a properly licsened alien. Alun being
big on his alienism and all that. I'm assuming Alun had his paperwork
right if any was required. The goverment of FS was/is the licensing
authority when Alun operated there. Therefore his FS to PJ7 QSO was a
legitimate amateur radio contact even if was a DXCC no-counter.

Absolutely agree.

PCTA extras always agree.

Brainiac's alleged T5 operation is a whole different ballgame
altogether. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and accepting his
tales about having "worked" a couple "dx countries" from Somalia on
ten meters while he was there was not an amateur radio operation. The
ham radio licensing authority for members of the U.S. military of
which he was a member was vested in the command structure of that
expeditionary force. He did not have their explicit permission to
operate an amateur radio station in T5.

How do we know this for sure?

Kelly said so, therefore it be TRVTH!

Therefore it's patently obvious that his "operation" was another
simple case of freebanding, pirate radio, "extended CB" whatever ya
wanna call it. For absolute certain he did not conduct a legitimate
ham radio operation.

Again - how do we *know* that the required authorization wasn't obtained?

If Kelly say it be "freebanding or pirate," it BE so.

I agree 100% that if such authority wasn't obtained, it wasn't an amateur
operation at all.

"MARS is amateur radio." :-)

In any event, the claimed operation allegedly took place on 10 meters and
allegedly involved at least two QSOs.

Rev. Jimmie Who should write a big book expose' of this whole
thing.

It wasn't a T5 amateur radio station, Brainiac
was just another unlicensed glom using some xcvr or another on 10M and
did what they usually do.

T5/NØmind's freebander logs and cards = ZIP everywhere.

The real reality of this ongoing twisted bafflegab about Brainiac's
"T5 ops" BS has nothing at all to do with ham radio except for the
freqs on which he done it (maybe, but we'll never know) let alone ham
radio policy. So take it to alt.dot.radio. freebanding or wherever his
kind lurk and quit wasting the bandwidth here folks.

The thing I find interesting is the last paragraph of my post, below. *Nobody*
is claiming to have worked T5/N0IMD, nor complaining about not getting a QSL
card. In DX circles, that kinda says it all.

Right. You two military veterans ought to go to the VA for help,
expose all that "illegal freebanding and piracy," even filing
charges with the USAF Judge Advocate General's office!

*if* that were the case - wouldn't it make all of the claims true?

And why get all upset about it? Nobody is claiming they worked
T5/N0IMD. Nobody is complaining they didn't get a QSL card from the
alleged operation.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I want to be slim, but I don't want to be a slim.

You are PCTA, hear you ROAR!

LHA / WMD

Old June 21st 04, 10:41 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
In article , Alun
writes:

(N2EY) wrote in
:

In article ,

From:
(Steve Robeson K4CAP)
Date: 15 Jun 2004 07:58:59 GMT

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/14/2004 11:17 PM Central Standard Time

[...]

Kelly NEVER served in the armed forces of the United States.

Kelly does NOT understand the military chain of command.

Permission to do anything IN the military is granted by ranking
officers.

Didn't Kelly hear that at the Captain's Table while dining with
all that rank? No? Tsk, tsk.

Therefore it's patently obvious that his "operation" was another
simple case of freebanding, pirate radio, "extended CB" whatever ya
wanna call it. For absolute certain he did not conduct a legitimate
ham radio operation. It wasn't a T5 amateur radio station, Brainiac
was just another unlicensed glom using some xcvr or another on 10M and
did what they usually do.

Amazing at the range and scope of rationalization for HATING
another newsgroup poster by the high-society ham extras.

Kelly should explain his "superiority" in not only radio but relative
to the rest of society. [Kelly is "superior" only because he claims
that while busy inflating past claims to a greatness never before
seen by hamkind]

T5/NØmind's freebander logs and cards = ZIP everywhere.

Kelly has taken on a new role...that of International Regulator
And Punisher of anything an NCTA says.

Yawn.

The real reality of this ongoing twisted bafflegab about Brainiac's
"T5 ops" BS has nothing at all to do with ham radio except for the
freqs on which he done it (maybe, but we'll never know) let alone ham
radio policy. So take it to alt.dot.radio. freebanding or wherever his
kind lurk and quit wasting the bandwidth here folks.

Kelly is allowed to inflate his single patent to 26. Kelly is PCTA.
[proof is with the U.S. Patent Office and several patent websites,
showing only one...and that one as co-inventor]]

Kelli is allowed to shoot bears from an aircraft carrier. Kelly is
PCTA. [there is no proof of this but Kelly will damn anyone who
disputes it]

Kelly claims knowledge of WW2 military vehicles and their radios
as absolute truths. Kelly is PCTA. [proof is in many places,
including old documents of the U.S. military disputing that]

Kelly has repeatedly damned others opposing his fish stories.
Kelly is PCTA. That is approved under the ROE of this news-
group trying to be dominated by PCTA.

They are PCTA, hear them ROAR! :-)

LHA / WMD

Old June 21st 04, 10:41 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , Alun
writes:

Don't forget, the requirements for DXCC are far more stringent than those
of mere legality. I have seen threads before where people have argued past

oneanother on this point, i.e. one of them has used the term 'legal' when
they were really talking about DXCC eligibility, a big mistake.

For example, operation without the permission of the owner of the land or
building is not valid for DXCC, but it is seldom illegal. More to the

point
in this case, perhaps(?), operation from a war zone is legal with
permission of whoever appears to be in control, but good luck getting it
approved for DXCC.

Alun, if there be some etymology of that thread, no "DXCC" was
involved. No contesting at all was involved.

It began when Heil made some chance remark about "working
Frenchmen on 6m out of band." Brian Burke tossed that one
back to him with some mild ascerbicity which caused Heil to
go bananas. Nursie got out his rusty bayonet, locked and
loaded, and made like the Charge of Lite Brigade (which led
into the Valley of Death of his of today).

Nursie never got to Somalia, certainly not to any "hostile action"
there (or anyplace else with any proof) but Brian Burke did.
Brian earlier had made a chance remark about operating from
there on ham frequencies, getting permission from his
commanding officer. That resulted in a long, overdrawn word
battle and flame war with Heil who was resentful (to the max)
of anyone having the temerity to toss him a rejoinder. Nursie
jumped in on that with usual diss-and-cuss, trying to make
like a legal eagle with smarts instead of the hummingbird
with dumbth.

The PCTA of this newsgrope all seem to be self-righteous,
prissy puritans of perfection who will explode with outrage at
the slightest provocation of their beloved manual telegraphy
as being anything less than the ultimate skill of amateurs.

It's almost as Henry Ford put it on the color of the Model T:
"You can have any opinion you want, so long as its pro-
code."

That's the "new" freedom of speech in here. Enjoy.

I got back from a week of aerial operations, drove by the storage
unit, and checked that the lock wasn't jimmied ("jimmied" is a common
use for B/E, not a slam against the Rev. Jim).

My T5 logs are safe and secure. One day they may have real historical
value. I could divide them up and run some through Christie's and the
others through Sothby's. Maybe I'll just make a run of numbered
copies, suitable for framing.

A press run would be a non-good idea. That would start another
spate of Book Burning by the PCTA in general, sponsored by
the enemies of fantasy.

Some overweight stubbly-faced documentary film maker would
get publicity for his expose of Somalia, that it "never happened."
["Moore to come" as Variety put it...]

Denial of reality is the stock in trade of the olde-tyme hammes
who love, honor, and obey morsemanship. Everyone who speaks
against them "LIE!" :-)

LHA / WMD

Old June 21st 04, 10:41 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(William)
Date: 6/19/2004 8:10 PM Central Standard Time
(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve

From:
(William)
Date: 6/15/2004 9:36 AM Central Standard Time
Nobody
is complaining they didn't get a QSL card from the alleged operation.

Correct. I QSL'd 100%.

It's easy to do when there's nothing to send.

Tsk, tsk. Nursie still trying to invent a stinging rebuke and his

stinger
got broke so long ago that he can't even muster a good rash... :-)

"Nothing to send."

100% of nothing is zero (0). I sent out a few more than one (1) QSL card.

That you may have sent out "QSL" cards is not at issue. That you sent
out
QSL cards confirming your activites from Somalia are.

What IS at issue is the validity of the operation (it wasn't) and whom
you
may have had QSO's with (you refuse to state).

So far, you've not provided us with anything more than a claim that you
operated from Somalia.

Even if you DID "operate" from Somalia, from your own words in THIS
forum
it's apparent that you did not have legal sanction to do what you allege to
ahve done, ergo the cards are invalid for ANY purpose other than a keepsake.

No Proof = Didn't Happen.

Show us your "Proof" that manual telegraphy is still used for
U.S. military communications. NOW. Today. Confirm your
claim of another posting.

You have not yet proven that "MARS IS amateur radio."
Despite the real, true Proof established by DoD Directive
4650.2 (eff. 21 Nov 03).

The rest of the world lives in reality, not the fantasy imagination
of "The Last Hostile Action Hero."

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD