Old June 25th 04, 10:49 PM
mr microphone 909

Default UPLC on BPL: ignore armchair amateurs who still use vacuum tube transmitters

"Chris" wrote in message
The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age."

....and they are 100% correct also. Just goto any hamfest
or ham club meeting. All you see is a bunch of retired old white
men in dirty rags who are incredible tightwads that reek
of tobacco smoke and/or booze.

Old June 26th 04, 02:41 AM
mdd

"Chris" wrote in message
The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age." Read the UPLC comments at

http://tinyurl.com/yqxbh

Chris, You are wrong and your daddies at UPLC are wrong. But then you knew
that.

Old June 26th 04, 05:38 AM
JJ

mr microphone 909 wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age."

...and they are 100% correct also. Just goto any hamfest
or ham club meeting. All you see is a bunch of retired old white
men in dirty rags who are incredible tightwads that reek
of tobacco smoke and/or booze.

So why do you go to hamfests? Oh, you must be one of them.

Old June 26th 04, 02:01 PM
King Zulu

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message
As opposed to the beer-drinking, yellow-fingered truck drivers with
echo boxes, "Moonrakers" and harmonically enriched KW amps
on Channel 19...

Nice try, Scumbag Troll.

Steve, K4YZ

"harmonically enriched" - well said.

Andy, K4YKZ

Old June 26th 04, 09:22 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Chris" wrote in message
The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age." Read the UPLC comments at

http://tinyurl.com/yqxbh

Read them ... what a pile of falsehoods and total crap. The UPLC should be
challenged under the
Commission's rules about making untruthful statements to the Commission.

Carl - wk3c

Old June 27th 04, 09:01 PM
King Zulu

Nice call, BTW ! ! ! !
73 Steve, K4YZ

Fortunately, no one else thought so. It was still around as a "vanity" call
when I finally got back to the "4" district. HI

Well, three things on the predicted 10dB (under estimated?) additional noise
floor when BPL gets rolling full steam:
1) Every ham will need to run the maximum power they can, since the "minimum
power necessary" will have to overcome the high and ever-present BPL noise.
2) Although PSK works great with low power right now, maybe running big
power with PSK will be one way to get through for those not interested in
CW. Yep, high power PSK may be what most amateurs will go to.
3) We should all start working on our handles when the FCC is told to clamp
down on the hams interfering with BPL transmissions. Actually, once those
radios interfering with BPL are taken off the air, the power companies might
want to try "wireless" transmission into homes. They still will have to keep
their power line BPL sigs somewhat down so Duke Power doesn't interfere with
Cinergy up in Cincinnati. I'm sure they can mitigate that sort of problem,
however.

ak

Old June 28th 04, 08:12 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"King Zulu" wrote in message news:kIFDc.101499$2i5.459@attbi_s52...
Nice call, BTW ! ! ! !
73 Steve, K4YZ

Fortunately, no one else thought so. It was still around as a "vanity" call
when I finally got back to the "4" district.

My "YZ" worked for two reasons...First was that "YZ" in CW has a
nice swing to it.

Second is that one of the USMC units I belonged to had a tail
modex of "YZ". (Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 363). My first
choice was "YF", (HMH-462), but as it worked out, the "YZ" is better
on CW, methinks.

73

Steve, K4YZ