Old July 13th 04, 01:39 PM
me

The FCC should cancel Amateur Radio altogether. With the amount of hams
that are on the air these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Ham Radio is
abolished within the next 50 years.

Echolink is the future of Amateur Radio as we know it, folks.

73

Me

"William" wrote in message
om...
"KØHB" wrote in message

ink.net...
"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

Sure do get your short hairs in a knot when you get YOUR tail twisted,
huh...?!?!

Unlike the Robeson clan, our branch of the human family tree has evolved
beyond having tails, although it might come in handy to swing out to
check the traps on my TH7. Would you consider hiring yourself out as a
trap checker, as well as your day job as Len's little red-hatted organ
monkey?

With warmest personal regards,

de Hans, K0HB

"Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio!" Hi, hi!

Old July 13th 04, 10:25 PM
garigue

The FCC should cancel Amateur Radio altogether. With the amount of hams
that are on the air these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Ham Radio is
abolished within the next 50 years.

Echolink is the future of Amateur Radio as we know it, folks.

73

Me

Hello me ????? oh well .......

Yepper you got that one right ....why put up a 5k antenna system, a 2K rig
and then invite the ire of all the neighborhood when they say they see you
on HBO ...... when they can't start their car in the morning or when their
pets start acting goofy etc..etc ???? One can easily grab a mike an yell
into a $400 computer with a $9.95 ISP and have a heck of a lot less
aggravation. But so goes life as we know it here .....minimize the hassel
but also minimize the "mental gymastics" that should keep our own computers
working well.

There are less ops on the air than in days gone by but that is also true in
many other endeavors that I read about on the newsgripes. It appears that
the computer or our life styles have caused many "hobbies-services" to take
a hit.

Take care me ...oh I mean you ....ah you know what I mean ....

73 Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon Pa,

Old July 14th 04, 03:47 AM
me

Agreed. just go to Circuit City, Best Buy or CompUSA. Certainly cheaper
than building permits (if the Zoning board will grant you one), tower
hardware, coax, antennas, etc...

Ciao,

ME

"garigue" wrote in message

[...]

FYI: Vanity Call fee going up in August Minnie Bannister General 40 July 11th 04 10:21 PM
FCC Vanity Call Sign Dispute Keith Policy 0 January 22nd 04 11:41 PM
Vanity Call Sign Lookup Bob Policy 1 September 17th 03 01:10 AM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #620 Elmer E Ing Dx 3 July 28th 03 03:52 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #620 Elmer E Ing General 0 July 27th 03 10:37 PM