Old August 12th 04, 05:25 PM
KØHB

Default ARRL to propose subband-by-bandwidth regulation

http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Old August 13th 04, 03:18 AM
William

"KØHB" wrote in message link.net...
http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

So regulate R.R.A.P. by bandwidth. Yelling is 10db wider than everything else.

Outlaw yelling.

"Sorry Hans, Steve IS Yelling!"

Hi, hi!
Old August 14th 04, 03:26 AM
Brian Kelly

"KØHB" wrote in message link.net...
http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Smacks of overegulation. Bloody white of 'em to "let us see it" before
they take it to the FCC this time.

w3rv
Old August 14th 04, 05:47 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"KØHB" wrote in message

link.net...
http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Smacks of overegulation. Bloody white of 'em to "let us see it" before
they take it to the FCC this time.

w3rv

Remember the letting Novice, non cw, ops on HF Phone??????? There was such
a loud cry they at least payed attention this time.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 15th 04, 09:34 AM
Brian Kelly

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message thlink.net...
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"KØHB" wrote in message

link.net...
http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Smacks of overegulation. Bloody white of 'em to "let us see it" before
they take it to the FCC this time.

w3rv

Remember the letting Novice, non cw, ops on HF Phone??????? There was such
a loud cry they at least payed attention this time.

Maybe more like they just tossed us a bone Dan. I keeps compulsively
shipping my dues to Newington and I keeps wanting to WRING THEIR
SCRAWNY POLITICALLY-CORRECT NECKS!

Dan/W4NTI

w3rv

Old August 15th 04, 04:33 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message

thlink.net...
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"KØHB" wrote in message

link.net...
http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Smacks of overegulation. Bloody white of 'em to "let us see it" before
they take it to the FCC this time.

w3rv

Remember the letting Novice, non cw, ops on HF Phone??????? There was

such
a loud cry they at least payed attention this time.

Maybe more like they just tossed us a bone Dan. I keeps compulsively
shipping my dues to Newington and I keeps wanting to WRING THEIR
SCRAWNY POLITICALLY-CORRECT NECKS!

Dan/W4NTI

w3rv

It's election time for the Board of Directors. I have brought this up for
the last month at club meetings, on the air, announced it on VHF and HF
nets. Any interest? Nope.

I give up.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 16th 04, 04:35 PM
Brian Kelly

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message hlink.net...
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message

thlink.net...
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"KØHB" wrote in message

link.net...
http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Smacks of overegulation. Bloody white of 'em to "let us see it" before
they take it to the FCC this time.

w3rv

Remember the letting Novice, non cw, ops on HF Phone??????? There was

such
a loud cry they at least payed attention this time.

Maybe more like they just tossed us a bone Dan. I keeps compulsively
shipping my dues to Newington and I keeps wanting to WRING THEIR
SCRAWNY POLITICALLY-CORRECT NECKS!

Dan/W4NTI

w3rv

It's election time for the Board of Directors. I have brought this up for
the last month at club meetings, on the air, announced it on VHF and HF
nets. Any interest? Nope.

I give up.

Being a Director is one more hobby within the hobby. It's all politics
and hams who are big into being politicians get into it and the rest
of us ignore it.

Dan/W4NTI

w3rv
Old August 14th 04, 06:02 PM
N2EY

In article . net, "KØHB"
writes:

http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

Some good ideas, some not-so-good ideas.

Good ideas:

- It's about bandwidth, not content. Right now, if you can fit a digital voice
signal into a 200 Hz bandwidth, you can only use it on the 'phone-image
subbands. But you can use a much wider PACTOR signal on the CW/data subbands -
as long as the PACTOR signal isn't carrying digital voice.

- Is Hellschreiber data or image?

- Faster data modes have a place to play

Bad ideas:

- Robot pactors and such can go way down in the band

- No CW-only subbands

Just IMHO.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old August 14th 04, 06:08 PM
KØHB

"N2EY" wrote

- No CW-only subbands

There never have been any "CW-only" subbands on HF.

Personally, I'd propose a regulation similar to what currently exists on
160M --- "Here are your bands. Stay inside of the edges. Have a nice
day."

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old August 14th 04, 11:28 PM
Brian Kelly

"KØHB" wrote in message hlink.net...
"N2EY" wrote

- No CW-only subbands

There never have been any "CW-only" subbands on HF.

Personally, I'd propose a regulation similar to what currently exists on
160M --- "Here are your bands. Stay inside of the edges. Have a nice
day."

The result would be chaos. All you have to do is tune around 160 a bit
to come to the conclusion that the ops who get on 160 are with very
rare exceptions a whole different breed of cat from the hordes of
HF-only spectrum dwellers from a number of perspectives. The
"misbehavior ratios" being one of those. If there was a simplistic
"unisolution" like you're proposing it would have been implemented
decades ago.

73, de Hans, K0HB

w3rv