Old September 10th 04, 12:59 AM
Mike Coslo

Mr Ham Radio wrote:

K1MAN's schedule is also widely known, and is within the bounds of the
rules.

So if I make a "schedule" trhat is exactly the same time and frequency
as K1MAN's, then I am legal and okay?

- Mike KB3EIA -

And I ain't shutting up.

Old September 10th 04, 07:09 PM
Splinter

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:08:25 -0400, "Mr Ham Radio"
wrote:

K1MAN's schedule is also widely known, and is within the bounds of the
rules.

Your understanding is incorrect, as usual.

If W1AW can "broadcast", so can K1MAN. If you don't like the content of
K1MAN's broadcast, start your own. But for now, SHUT THE HELL UP.

I refuse to be drawn into a flame war, sir. Ovbiously I know
enough about Part 97 of the RULES to know that K1MAN is violating
them. I supposed I shall have to take the time here to bolster my
opinion with a few cold hard facts as stated in the commission rules.
§97.113(b) states "An amateur station shall not engage in any
form of broadcasting, nor may an amateur station transmit one-way
communications except as specifically provided in these rules; nor
shall an amateur station engage in any activity related to program
production or news gathering for broadcasting purposes, except that
communications directly related to the immediate safety of human life
or the protection of property may be provided by amateur stations to
broadcasters for dissemination to the public where no other means of
communication is reasonably available before or at the time of the
event." Is K1MAN violating this section of the rules...According to
Riley, that's a yes.
The commission rules also state that frequencies are open to
all licensed amateurs, correct? No one has the right to demand
someone depart the frequency because a person wished to use it.
Standard amateur practice ssays that an Amateur liosten to the
frequency and make a short question asking if the freq is in use.
Does K1MAN bother or just say "Get off MY frequency!"
§97.111(b) states "(b) In addition to one-way transmissions
specifically authorized elsewhere in this Part, an amateur station may
transmit the following types of one-way communications:

(1) Brief transmissions necessary to make adjustments to the station;
(2) Brief transmissions necessary to establishing two-way
communications with other stations;

(3) Telecommand;

(4) Transmissions necessary to providing emergency communications;

(5) Transmissions necessary to assisting persons learning, or
improving proficiency in, the international Morse code;

(6) Transmissions necessary to disseminate information bulletins;

(7) Transmissions of telemetry. "

W1AW falls under Sub-Paragraphs 5 and 6 in that they issue
daily code practice runs as well as weekly bulletins or even relays
the word that the FCC is suspending the rules due to an emergency
situation. Tat's covered under sub-paragraph 4. All done in
accordance with the rules. buddy.
Does K1MAN do daily code practice sessions? Does K1MAN relay
information bulleting? and does K1MAN engage in transmissions to aid
emergency communications?
From what FCC is saying. the answer to all three is "No", but,
he stays just far enough below the FCC "radar" that nothing's being
done that people would want done.
Now...I've made the case here. Find a reason to knock it
down...if you dare.

--
Dan, KD8AGU
Please remove ".nospam" to reply via email.
Old September 10th 04, 12:18 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Splinter" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:33:16 -0400, "Mr Ham Radio"
wrote:

K1MAN's program is GOOD, and should be left alone. If he has to go, so

does
W1AW. Enough said, I have spoken. This is the way it WILL be.

I beg to differ. ARRL is within the guidelines of Part 97 of
the Commission's rules and. last I checked, knows that the frequency
is clear before starting their programs. Also, it's widely known and
accepted that W!AW has scheduled "All Station" announcements as well
as Code practice. All within the bounds of the rules.
K1MAN, as I understand it, doesn't care about if the frequency
is is use and walks over everyone in an attempt to gain financially
from selling his equipment over the air.

--
Dan, KD8AGU
Please remove ".nospam" to reply via email.

You have in basically correct Dan. K1MAN, is a radio bully. He seems to
think that whatever he does, thinks, or wants to do takes priority over
everyone and everything else. Case in point...

For a period of about 2 years K1MAN vacated the frequency of 14.275. During
that time several stations began operating there. One day up comes Glen
Baxter and he tells us to get off because it is time for his broadcast. He
didn't ask, he didn't even attempt to be polite. He just decided it was
time to resume his trashcasting on ''HIS" frequency. A major fight erupted
and the latest FCC action against him is the result of it.

Recently he decided to finally move off of the GA Sideband net frequency of
3975, he moved up the band a bit and ordered the UFO network to get off his
frequency. Same same from Baxter boy.

Several years before he had a major fight with the 3975 crowd. Unfortunatly
the rebels capitulated.

Mr. Baxter is 'real popular' with the AM crowd in New England. Ask them
about his ''full carrier AM'' signal on 3890 nightly.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 10th 04, 01:11 AM
King Zulu

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Dan - Glenn has been running over nets and broadcasting inappropriate junk
so long (in 1998 he was wiping out the Sunday morning Bermuda Net on
14.275mHz) that I begin to wonder if current FCC people realize that it has
been 17 years or more since the FCC was first going to fix the problem.
Baxter is not only a domestic problem, but an international embarrassment.
Hams in other countries are incredulous that the FCC cannot or will not do
something about him.

ak