Old September 18th 04, 01:06 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Default ARRL Desk Accredits DX Operations

From the ARRL Website:

DXCC Desk accredits DX operations (Sep 16, 2004) -- The following DX operations
have been approved for DXCC credit: 4W4JEG, Timor-Leste, October 7, 2003-June
30, 2004; T6RF, Afghanistan, July 1-August 31, 2004; TT8KR, Chad, September
7-14, 2004. For more information, visit the DXCC Web page.

Unquote.

T5/N0IMD was NOT among the operations approved.

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 20th 04, 12:34 AM
N2EY

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: ARRL Desk Accredits DX Operations
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 9/18/2004 9:01 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

From the ARRL Website:

DXCC Desk accredits DX operations (Sep 16, 2004) -- The following DX
operations
have been approved for DXCC credit: 4W4JEG, Timor-Leste, October 7,

2003-June
30, 2004; T6RF, Afghanistan, July 1-August 31, 2004; TT8KR, Chad, September
7-14, 2004. For more information, visit the DXCC Web page.

Unquote.

T5/N0IMD was NOT among the operations approved.

So?

For an operation to be accredited for DXCC, somebody has to submit the
required
paperwork.

Too true, Mon Ami!

Well, there you have it.

So what's the problem?

But in order to put IN the paperwork, one must HAVE the paperwork to
submit. And in order to have that paperwork, one must have had documentation
of legality.

Of course.

One must also have the desire for their operation to be accredited. While most
DX operations want to be accredited for DXCC, not all do. And if an operation
resulted in only a few QSOs, what's the point?

Brian doesn't have any. He wasn't.

How do you know? You weren't there. I wasn't there. Nobody we know other than
Brian Burke was there.

Maybe he has documentation, maybe he doesn't. We know he's not going to submit
any, so it doesn't matter anyway.

So what's the problem?

Did you see my earlier post about the UP/URS-2 and getting permission from
"Sarge?"

Suppose that's what happened. What difference does it make to you or me or
anybody else *now*?

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old September 20th 04, 05:45 PM
Brian Kelly

PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Steve

From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 9/18/2004 9:01 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

From the ARRL Website:

[...]

We don't know for "absolute certain" that The Putz didn't have a 20wpm
Extra ticket in 1969 either. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera . . .

w3rv