Old November 17th 04, 02:57 PM
King Zulu

Default K1MAN Info

"Lloyd" wrote in message

K1MAN is a giant among men, a gentleman and a scholar and
without doubt, one of the finest, if not the finest, amateur radio
operators to ever key a microphone. His detractors are weasels,
mice who have no life and wallow in envy of one of amateur
radio's greatest.

73,

Lloyd

Baxter has been bad news and useless QRM on the radio bands for decades.
Nothing more, perhaps less.

ak

EXAMPLE:

September 12, 1989

Hamilton, HM EX
Bermuda.

Mr. Ralph Haller,
Chief, Private Radio Bureau,
Federal Communications Commission,
Gettysburg,
PA 17326,
USA

Dear Mr. Haller,

It was a pleasure to meet with you at the IARU Region II Conference, in
Orlando, Florida, last week. I appreciate the time you took to listen to the
problem, which we in Bermuda have been living with for the past few years,
and also agreeing to reviewing the enclosed documentation.

Further to the letter from the FCC, from Mr. Robert H. McNamera, to Mr.
Robert S. Ross under reference 7240-F, I feel that the transcript of the
tape I have done which is enclosed under reference DOC K14/89, is proof
enough that third party traffic was indulged in where he states "Covered by
FCC rule 97.113C Associated Press questions were answered in detail by VP9--
over the net." At no time did he ask my permission to relay any of this
information and I was unaware that I was on a 'phone patch. Some Bermudians
who were in the Boston area stated that they heard my report over the radio,
with my voice being broadcast as a result of my operation on the Bermuda
Emergency Net. I do have tapes which we can arrange for copies to be made,
but I do not wish to bore you with four hours of tapes, but if it is
necessary, so be it.

As you may know, whilst at the Conference, the Honorable Patricia Dennis
wished to meet with me because of her impending holiday in Bermuda. I have
met with her and her family and we have discussed the above matter. I will
be copying this correspondence to her so that she will be as fully informed
as your good self.

We have attempted to get this matter resolved with K1MAN, ARRL, IARU etc but
without any success. As you will see from DOC K3/88 he quotes the FCC ruling
on frequency co-ordination as per the second paragraph. He broadcasts one
hundred and thirteen times per week and his main reason for doing so is to
keep the frequencies clear for when he wants to get on the air. I have a
tape where he admits to doing this and agrees that he upsets various nets.

In DOC K7/88 he asks 19 questions about how we operate and this is the
reason that I did not reply to his letter, not because of the correspondence
I have had with ARRL. As amateur radio operators, we In Bermuda have a very
friendly net which is not "hereby co-ordinated" by some rule or other. You
will note from DOC K8/88 that the ARRL do not agree with his concepts.

I sent a report to "QST" on Hurricane Dean, (DOC K12/89) which I can assure
you is factual. More people need to know what went on because if they
listened to the broadcast (DOC K14/89) they would be totally mislead. I did
a response on the Bermuda Net (DOC K15/89) and also read it out to other
parties who were interested. K1MAN has agreed to broadcast a tape if I sent
him one but he is then going to do a rebuttal, and this will not get anyone
anywhere!!! I have taken the matter up with the Department of
Telecommunications (DOC K16/89) and will be pursuing this also through the
American Consulate General.

DOC K13/89 was sent to me by Mr. R. Ross the day after Hurricane Dean and as
he says "I was totally incensed by the actions. ....."

DOC K19/89 shows that the IARU Region 2 Executive Committee have considered
this as a result of the letters DOC K9/89, DOC K10/89 4 DOC K11/89 but
basically are loath to interfere in another countries activities, if it can
be settled otherwise. Resolve 2 in DOC K20/89 was passed and therefore each
country will be responsible for its own emergency nets unless a request is
made to the contrary.

I regret that this letter is rather long and that there is so much
additional information. However, the Bermuda Amateur Radio Operators would
be most grateful if this problem could be resolved.

In a recent conversation we had with KAMAN he stated that any Novice could
broadcast 24 hours per day on 28MHz if they so wished. As I stated in DOC
K11/85, page 2 paragraph 3, that if a small minority decided to broadcast
from every country, the bands would be full and QSO's as we know them would
not exist.

Many thanks for listening at Orlando and for reading this. I look forward to
your reply,

Yours sincerely,
[Tony - -, VP9--]

c.c. Hon. Patricia Dennis, FCC Commissioner

Old November 19th 04, 12:46 AM
JAMES HAMPTON

"Lloyd" wrote in message

K1MAN is a giant among men, a gentleman and a scholar and
without doubt, one of the finest, if not the finest, amateur radio
operators to ever key a microphone. His detractors are weasels,
mice who have no life and wallow in envy of one of amateur
radio's greatest.

73,

Lloyd

Lloyd

You've finally done it. I have an old-fashioned analog trollometer. It
spun around three times and the needle fell off!

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA