Old November 23rd 04, 11:33 AM
William

"KØHB" wrote in message ink.net...
"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

or that they fail to render oaths and allegiance
to Hans Brakob?

Steve, could you point out to me where this "render oaths and
allegiance" bull**** comes from? Had to double check and make sure the
post didn't come from Len Anderson!

Your point was?

If you have to ask, you probably won't "get it", but I've got a hot news
flash for you. Those fellas taking the FCC tests at DU and JA hamfests
aren't dual citizens of DU (or JA) and Saipan, they're souveneir
collectors and reciprocal-licensing cheats.

There are a small handful of "will-call" PO boxes in KH0 and KH2 which
are the "home address" for hundreds of JA and DU citizens. (What do all
these calls have in common? KH2O KH0JQ KH0JU KH0KW AH0BB KH0BZ KH0CG
KH0CQ KH0HQ KH0HZ WH0V NH0F WH0B WH0C AH0AS AH0AU KH0CN KH0DD ......and
I could go on for hundreds of desirable KH0/KH2 call signs held by
foreign nationals who've never set foot on Guam/Saipan/US soil and
likely have no intention to ever do so.)

Here's how it works. DU1XYZ or JA1XYZ knows a guy on KH0 or KH2 and has
him rent a PO Box.

Or KH6. I recall a ham on Hawaii who loaned out his PO Box to Mike
Deignan. Same ham had a Guam call, never lived on Guam. Said he had
a job offer there that never panned out, and got the call in "prep"
for moving there.
Old November 23rd 04, 11:42 AM
William

Subject: Get your Trophy US Extra Callsign (A KH0x call would be nice!)
From: Robert Casey

Date: 11/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

At least the FCC did do something about club calls. They took 42 of
them away from a JA few years back :-) But for some strange reason,
they let him keep his primary station license, a W9 extra class U.S.
call.

73, Jim KH2D

Maybe they should get calls like WJ#XXX, or KJ#XXX...
If the FCC decides that it's proper for foriegners to
get American ham licenses.....

Perhaps you'd consider a Constitutional Amendment that restricts US rights
and privileges to US citizens or persons legally landed here.

The FCC has already decided that it's proper for foreign nationals to have
US license if they complete the prerequisites for that license and exercise it
within the parameters of Part 97.
Citizenship is not one of them.

Specific callsigns would be discriminatory under present US
interpretations of the Constitution.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Inneresting. Steve has pushed Phil Kane aside as our resident
communications attorney.

"You miss the point, Steve. The purpose of r.r.a.p. is no longer
discussion of policy, or learning something, or study of
communications
theory.

The purpose is to FIGHT and to denegrate the dignity of all who do not
agree with you! Any other post is off topic and is not welcome here.

Get with the program. No one is "mistaken" or "partially correct" on
r.r.a.p. They either 100% totally agree with you, or they are "a
lying,
scum sucking, bottom feeding no-code beeper." There is no in between,
and there must be at least one of each in every conversation here.
Anything which resembles a rational exchange of ideas and useful
information will either be ignored, or some enterprising induhvidual
will hijack the thread and turn it into an argument about Morse. No
other "Policy" conversation is allowed to survive unmolested.

72, de Hans, K0HB"
Old November 23rd 04, 01:07 PM
Alun

(William) wrote in
m:

(Steve Robeson K4YZ) wrote in message
Subject: Get your Trophy US Extra Callsign (A KH0x call would be
nice!) From: Robert Casey

Date: 11/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

Steve is right, though.

Discrimination against resident aliens has been prohibited since Yick Wo v
Hopkins, which relied on the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

The facts of the case related to legislation against laundries being
constructed from wood in downtown San Fancisco. This law was overturned as
it was held that it was written only to discriminate against laundries
owned and operated by Chinese citizens.

Arguably, the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment only applies to
the states, but there are cases invoking the due process clause of the 5th
amendment, which is applicable to the federal government.

I beleive there was a Puerto Rican case in federal district court that
relied on either the 5th or the 14th in the alternative, allowing aliens to
become registered as professional engineers. I don't have the citation for
that one.

This is a little way off Phil Kane's speciality of communications law,
although no doubt the FCC can't discriminate against aliens. Maybe Phil
knows of some case law regarding aliens and the FCC?

I am not a lawyer, just an alien.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK
Old November 23rd 04, 01:31 PM
N2EY

In article et, "KØHB"
writes:

If you have to ask, you probably won't "get it", but I've got a hot news
flash for you. Those fellas taking the FCC tests at DU and JA hamfests
aren't dual citizens of DU (or JA) and Saipan, they're souveneir
collectors and reciprocal-licensing cheats.

I don't like this setup any more than you do, Hans.

But how is it a cheat?

Is it because those fellas never set foot on US soil, but hold US licenses?

---

Regardless of the legality, I know a lot of hams in CONUS who'd be ticked off
if they couldn't have a 1x2 because those fellas elsewhere in the world had
scarfed them all up.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old November 23rd 04, 02:33 PM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

From: Alun
Date: 11/23/2004 7:07 AM Central Standard Time
(William) wrote in
om:

Date: 11/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

Thanks, Alun. Not a single word about the use of Morse Code in any of the
original posts, yet PuppetBoy cites one of Hans' trolls responses arguing about
hijacking a thread about Morse Code use.

He wonders why I call him an idiot.

Discrimination against resident aliens has been prohibited since Yick Wo v
Hopkins, which relied on the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

"Yick Wo"...?!?!

This is a little way off Phil Kane's speciality of communications law,
although no doubt the FCC can't discriminate against aliens. Maybe Phil
knows of some case law regarding aliens and the FCC?

I am not a lawyer, just an alien.

Alf would be proud! (J/K ! ! !)

Alf's "host" was a Ham, BTW!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 23rd 04, 02:48 PM
Bert Craig

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote in message

Alf would be proud! (J/K ! ! !)

Alf's "host" was a Ham, BTW!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Steve,

Do you mean the character or the actor? I ask because, IMHO, there is a
fairly well-known Ham who bears a striking resemblance to that character.

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old November 23rd 04, 03:52 PM
Mireca Eliade

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...
What's wrong with this Hamfest announcement?

73, de Hans, K0HB

I see that Hans has never been to the Philippines.......(grin)

Old November 23rd 04, 04:23 PM
KØHB

"Mireca Eliade" wrote

I see that Hans has never been to the Philippines.......(grin)

Au contraire! During the years I was a member of the Tonkin Bay Yacht
Club, Subic was practically our home port, and the social life in
Olongapo along Magsaysay Drive was 'interesting'. BSEG

73, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

Old November 23rd 04, 05:53 PM

On 23 Nov 2004 06:29:39 GMT, Alun wrote:

Foreigners have been able to get US licences for many decades. I'm one.

Only representatives of a foreign government can't get a US call. Try
reading Part 97.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

I have read it. A few times. If you live in the U.S. and get a U.S.
license, I doubt there's any complaints. If you live in Germany,
have never been to the U.S., and never intend to go to the U.S.,
I doubt many people would deem it necessary for you to have a
U.S. license.

73, Jim KH2D