RadioBanter

-   -   Pirate on 3965 (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27938-re-pirate-3965-a.html)

freddie kreuger November 26th 04 03:32 PM

Pirate on 3965

I'm assuming you're abroad somewhere. Nothing heard here in England.

"Herb" wrote in message
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

Steve Robeson K4YZ November 26th 04 04:45 PM

Subject: Pirate on 3965
From: "Herb"
Date: 11/26/2004 9:14 AM Central Standard Time
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

T'aint necessarily a pirate. Broadcasting is legal on that frequency
outside of Region 2.

Steve, K4YZ

Gregg November 26th 04 05:48 PM

Behold, freddie kreuger signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Herb" wrote in message
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

There's a well-known Bible-thumper in the US on that freq. Was the
programming religious in nature?

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"

FCCHAM November 26th 04 09:45 PM

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...who gives a $|-|1T!!!

FCCHAM

FCCHAM November 26th 04 09:48 PM

We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder in
order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

FCCHAM

"Herb" wrote in message
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

tnx,

Herb

freddie kreuger November 26th 04 10:29 PM

FCCHAM

Is that any relation to Fulham FC?

Gregg November 27th 04 03:10 AM

Behold, FCCHAM signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder
in order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

FCCHAM

I thought you allready signed a secret deal with Clear Channel ;-p

JAMES HAMPTON November 27th 04 03:41 AM

"FCCHAM" wrote in message
We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder in
order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

FCCHAM

Heck, no one wants hf (at least around here - and the FCC has no authority
in Africa). It is VHF and above where the money is. Who wants a cell phone
when someone can come on yelling "audiooooooo ..." from 5 states away?
Nope, hf bands are probably *reasonably* safe. My bet is that 220 and 440
are the next to get hit, but I hope I'm wrong.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Robert Casey November 27th 04 03:57 AM

Heck, no one wants hf (at least around here - and the FCC has no authority
in Africa). It is VHF and above where the money is. Who wants a cell phone
when someone can come on yelling "audiooooooo ..." from 5 states away?
Nope, hf bands are probably *reasonably* safe. My bet is that 220 and 440
are the next to get hit, but I hope I'm wrong.

Safe from direct use, but not from pollution like BPL...

biascomms November 27th 04 08:36 AM

FCCHAM wrote:

We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder in
order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

3965 kHz is inside a broadcast band in the rest of the world - it's only the
USA that have 3500 to 4000 kHz as an amateur band. In the rest of the
world, the amateur band ends at 3800.

There are many Euro-pirates that broadcast around 3900 - some with quite
high power, and many of which have been heard worldwide.

BIAS COMMS

--
Everything gets easier with practice, except getting up in the morning!