Old November 26th 04, 03:32 PM
freddie kreuger

Default Pirate on 3965

I'm assuming you're abroad somewhere. Nothing heard here in England.

"Herb" wrote in message
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

Old November 26th 04, 05:48 PM
Gregg

Behold, freddie kreuger signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Herb" wrote in message
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

There's a well-known Bible-thumper in the US on that freq. Was the
programming religious in nature?

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
Old November 26th 04, 09:45 PM
FCCHAM

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...who gives a $|-|1T!!!

FCCHAM

Subject: Pirate on 3965
From: "Herb"
Date: 11/26/2004 9:14 AM Central Standard Time
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

T'aint necessarily a pirate. Broadcasting is legal on that frequency
outside of Region 2.

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 26th 04, 09:48 PM
FCCHAM

We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder in
order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

FCCHAM

"Herb" wrote in message
Anybody know who the pirate on 3965 is?

tnx,

Herb

Old November 26th 04, 10:29 PM
freddie kreuger

FCCHAM

Is that any relation to Fulham FC?

Old November 27th 04, 03:10 AM
Gregg

Behold, FCCHAM signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder
in order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

FCCHAM

I thought you allready signed a secret deal with Clear Channel ;-p

Old November 27th 04, 03:41 AM
JAMES HAMPTON

"FCCHAM" wrote in message
We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder in
order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

FCCHAM

Heck, no one wants hf (at least around here - and the FCC has no authority
in Africa). It is VHF and above where the money is. Who wants a cell phone
when someone can come on yelling "audiooooooo ..." from 5 states away?
Nope, hf bands are probably *reasonably* safe. My bet is that 220 and 440
are the next to get hit, but I hope I'm wrong.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old November 27th 04, 03:57 AM
Robert Casey

Heck, no one wants hf (at least around here - and the FCC has no authority
in Africa). It is VHF and above where the money is. Who wants a cell phone
when someone can come on yelling "audiooooooo ..." from 5 states away?
Nope, hf bands are probably *reasonably* safe. My bet is that 220 and 440
are the next to get hit, but I hope I'm wrong.

Safe from direct use, but not from pollution like BPL...
Old November 27th 04, 08:36 AM
biascomms

FCCHAM wrote:

We at the FCC don't care who the Pirate is because afterall, we want to
eventually auction off the Ham Radio frequencies to the highest bidder in
order to raise money for the U.S. Treasury.

3965 kHz is inside a broadcast band in the rest of the world - it's only the
USA that have 3500 to 4000 kHz as an amateur band. In the rest of the
world, the amateur band ends at 3800.

There are many Euro-pirates that broadcast around 3900 - some with quite
high power, and many of which have been heard worldwide.

BIAS COMMS

--
Everything gets easier with practice, except getting up in the morning!