RadioBanter

-   -   Awesome trainer! (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27973-awesome-trainer.html)

KØHB December 10th 04 05:50 AM

Awesome trainer!

VE3NEA has written a very sophisticated morse trainer. It supports Win 95
through XP, and implements QRN, QRM, QSB, flutter and even LIDs! Adjustable cw
pitch, bandwidth, and RIT are included.

Go to www.dxatlas.com and look for "Morse Runner"

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Steve Robeson K4YZ December 10th 04 10:40 AM

Subject: Awesome trainer!
From: "KØHB"
Date: 12/9/2004 11:50 PM Central Standard Time

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

REAL CHIEFS:
Propose like this: "There will be a wedding at 1000 hours on 29 October, be

there in whites with your gear packed because you will be a prime
participant."

Did your Mrs allow you to post this, Hans...?!?! =) =) =)

Steve, K4YZ

Leo December 10th 04 12:04 PM

Thanks, Hans!

Nice program - freeware too!

73, Leo

KØHB December 10th 04 04:29 PM

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

Did your Mrs allow you to post this, Hans...?!?! =) =) =)

I didn't post it. You did.

As far as including it in my web site goes ( http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb ),
the rule is "anything not specifically prohibited is mandatory".

73, de Hans, K0HB

K4YZ December 11th 04 07:26 AM

K=D8HB wrote:
"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

Did your Mrs allow you to post this, Hans...?!?! =3D) =3D)

=3D)

I didn't post it. You did.

So...you're saying I created the K0HB homepage...???

Geritol, Hans...large doses...makes the day go by easier for people
your age.

Steve, K4YZ

N2EY December 11th 04 12:42 PM

In article . net, "KØHB"
writes:

VE3NEA has written a very sophisticated morse trainer. It supports Win 95
through XP, and implements QRN, QRM, QSB, flutter and even LIDs! Adjustable
cw
pitch, bandwidth, and RIT are included.

Awesome indeed!

Just what I needed to get ready for SS2005....

Thanks, Hans.

73 de Jim, N2EY

KØHB December 11th 04 03:07 PM

"K4YZ" wrote

So...you're saying I created the K0HB
homepage...???

Geritol, Hans...large doses...makes the day
go by easier for people your age.

Steve, you seriously need help.

I post a message recommending a piece of morse training software and you morph
it into an occasion to critique my home page and make personal attacks.

Please seek help, if only for your family's sake.

With warmest regards of the season,

de Hans, K0HB

KØHB December 11th 04 03:34 PM

"N2EY" wrote

Just what I needed to get ready for SS2005....

Hey, the 10M test is in progress right now. No need to wait 11 months!

73, de Hans, K0HB 5NN MN

Dee D. Flint December 11th 04 04:03 PM

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"N2EY" wrote

Just what I needed to get ready for SS2005....

Hey, the 10M test is in progress right now. No need to wait 11 months!

73, de Hans, K0HB 5NN MN

What was the URL? I cleaned out the newsgroup and forgot to save that info.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

KØHB December 11th 04 04:11 PM

"Dee D. Flint" wrote

Dee D. Flint December 11th 04 04:38 PM

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote

What was the URL? I cleaned out the newsgroup and forgot to save that

info.

Go to www.dxatlas.com and look for "Morse Runner"

73, de Hans, K0HB

Thanks!

KØHB December 11th 04 07:24 PM

"Psychiatrist to Hams" wrote

You are growing much to sensative.

I'm just a very sensitive guy, sorta the "Alan Alda" of rrap.

3, de Hans, K0HB

N2EY December 11th 04 08:08 PM

In article . net, "KØHB"
writes:

I'm just a very sensitive guy, sorta the "Alan Alda" of rrap.

Hey! I thought I was the only one! Guess that makes two of us here on rrap.

Check out:

http://www.christinelavin.com/discuss/messages/302.html

Scroll down to the lyrics of this 1990 song.

btw "usting" is a typo, should be "dusting".

73 de Jim, N2EY

....who once performed that very song live-on-stage with Ms. Lavin....

KØHB December 11th 04 08:27 PM

"N2EY" wrote

Hey! I thought I was the only one! Guess that makes
two of us here on rrap.

Check out:

http://www.christinelavin.com/discuss/messages/302.html

Sorry, Jim, but if you sang that song on stage while not under the influence of
recreational chemicals, then you got me beat-all-to-hell in the sensitivity
department. I'm sensitive more along the lines of
http://www.olgoat.com/substuff/dex91.htm

73, de Hans, K0HB

N2EY December 11th 04 09:11 PM

In article et, "KØHB"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote

Hey! I thought I was the only one! Guess that makes
two of us here on rrap.

Check out:

http://www.christinelavin.com/discuss/messages/302.html

Sorry, Jim, but if you sang that song on stage while not under the influence
of recreational chemicals, then you got me beat-all-to-hell in the sensitivity

department.

I'm too sensitive to brag about it, though....

I'm sensitive more along the lines of
http://www.olgoat.com/substuff/dex91.htm

HAW! That's a good one!

"You will find a life-size representation of a raghat
with his peacoat collar turned up and his seabag"

I've been to that memorial. Much more eloquent
than most.

73 de Jim, N2EY

KØHB December 11th 04 09:55 PM

"N2EY" wrote

I've been to that memorial. Much more eloquent
than most.

Whoever did that memorial absolutely nailed the essence of being an American
Bluejacket. As Dex so aptly puts it ---

"Hey world, you name the game... Pick out your chunk of ocean and we'll find you
and whip your ass."

.....or as someone else put it at http://tinyurl.com/3dnws

73, de Hans, K0HB

JAMES HAMPTON December 12th 04 02:56 AM

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...
VE3NEA has written a very sophisticated morse trainer. It supports Win 95
through XP, and implements QRN, QRM, QSB, flutter and even LIDs!

Adjustable cw
pitch, bandwidth, and RIT are included.

Go to www.dxatlas.com and look for "Morse Runner"

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Hello, Hans

Some folks I'm reading in the thread might have preferred the method in RMA
school. You *will* copy 16 words per minute before you graduate. You
*will* graduate in (was it 8 weeks? I forget). Or else. Vietnam was hot.
No one wanted the "fail and sail" option. People *did* learn Morse code in
record time :))

BTW, they had recently reduced the code speed when I was in RMA school in
1967. I believe it had been 18 words per minute and they had reduced it to
16. Oh yes, you had to memorize the BAUDOT code also.

After leaving the service, I was working at Kodak and took a part time job
at WADD in Brockport, NY, a small am radio station. I was in a rush and
ripped copy from the teletype. The guy breaking me in was watching over my
shoulder as I started the news. LOL ... right in the middle of one article
the teletype took a hit and shifted out of letters and into gibberish. I
read right through it. After we went back to the records he asked "how in
hell did you do that?". I told him 4 years in the Navy running teletypes
tend to do that to you. I was used to it. ;)

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

KØHB December 12th 04 03:41 AM

"JAMES HAMPTON" wrote

Some folks I'm reading in the thread might have preferred the method in RMA
school. You *will* copy 16 words per minute before you graduate. You
*will* graduate in (was it 8 weeks? I forget). Or else.

Never had the pleasure of RMA school. Although I was a ham, out of boot camp
they sent me to RDA school at GLakes. Reported aboard my first tin-can as an
RDSN on a Saturday. On Monday AM the PN's checked me in and introducted me to
the Ops Boss who saw I was a ham. Turned out they had a surplus of scope dopes,
but needed some RM's in the worst way, so he "temporarily" assigned me to OC
instead of OI division. Thus ended my short career as an RD and started my
career as an RM. Years later BuPers still had canniptions about my gundecked
rate change.

After leaving the service, I was working at Kodak and took a part time job
at WADD in Brockport, NY, a small am radio station. I was in a rush and
ripped copy from the teletype. The guy breaking me in was watching over my
shoulder as I started the news. LOL ... right in the middle of one article
the teletype took a hit and shifted out of letters and into gibberish.

Worse than that were the model-28s whose stunt box inadvertently had the
"unshift-on-space" toggled on. Then get a 4-section logreq which is 85%
numerals and have to mentally bit-shift that summabitch back to figs so the SK's
could read it!

73, de Hans, K0HB

Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê December 12th 04 06:39 AM

"Casey" wrote in message

:
:
:
: Oh how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero grow more
: exotic and more exaggerated as the years pass and the number of
: brown bottles consumed down at the Legion Hall grows. Do join Hans
: down at the Legion Hall. Friday nite Happy Hour awards are given for
: who can spin most incredible sea story.
: ROTFLMAO! You old farts need to get a life!
:
:

Yo mama is down at the Legion, and she's a real hero there! Says she runs
Firefox browser on Win-NT! What a gal!

BGO

N2EY December 12th 04 01:08 PM

In article , "Casey" writes:

how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero

As I read Hans' and Jim's and others' stories of their USN, USCG and Merchant
Marine experiences, one thing that is clear to me is that they do *not* claim
to be "one-of-a-kind" at all. Rather, they are simply relating their
experiences as part of a community. That's why the statue of a single sailor in
Washington DC can express so much.

[email protected] December 12th 04 02:51 PM

K=D8HB wrote:
"N2EY" wrote

I've been to that memorial. Much more eloquent
than most.

Whoever did that memorial absolutely nailed the essence of being an

American
Bluejacket. As Dex so aptly puts it ---

"Hey world, you name the game... Pick out your chunk of ocean and

we'll find you
and whip your ass."

....or as someone else put it at http://tinyurl.com/3dnws

73, de Hans, K0HB

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash."
Sir Winston Churchill, First Lord of the Admiralty . . .=20

w3rv

KØHB December 12th 04 03:04 PM

wrote

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash."
Sir Winston Churchill, First Lord of the Admiralty . . .

w3rv

The "First Lord" at that point in his life was a political hack without a clue.
(But you already knew that)

3, de Hans, K0HB

William December 12th 04 05:30 PM

Must be that "real military experience" talking.

Len Over 21 December 12th 04 07:03 PM

In article . com, "William"
writes:

Must be that "real military experience" talking.

Heh heh heh. Interesting series of posts under two threads.

The first set, almost all from anonymous posters, decry any and
all nostalgia largely because they had NO such experience in
their life...but, they want to hurt those who HAVE had such
experiences in some way. :-)

The next set comes from the PCTA extras who also NEVER
served in any military who are bitching about the nostalgia in
regards to military experience. They "Must" make their
feelings known although they don't realize that others will read
a much different take on their postings. :-)

One of the more convoluted postings comes from another PCTA
extra who NEVER served (he says "he serves in 'other' ways but
never explains those 'other' ways). He glories in the past and the
emotion of symbolism...PROVIDED such symbolism features
morsemanship and plays up the morse myths of olde tyme radio.
Strangely, this never-serving PCTA extra wants to chide those of
us who have served on our behavior towards others. :-)

The next set of postings will all be about the Glory of Morse and
The Sea (it has already started, in fact). Those "sewer pipe"
folk (whatever that means) haven't really accepted any other radio
users/operators who served on land or in the air WITHOUT needing
all those mighty macho morsemanship skills. We "landlubbers"
(term used as a sort-of pejorative by swaggering sea-goers) are
supposedly nobodies due to the lack of morsebeeping in our
military records. We should not associate with their high
holinesses of the on-off keying ham hocked morse legions.

The Morse Myths are alive and well in the Archaic Radiotelegraphy
Society (aka the ARS)! The Beeper Brotherhood continues...

ex-RA16408336, U.S.Army 1952-1960

N2EY December 12th 04 07:16 PM

In article .com,
writes:

K=D8HB wrote:
"N2EY" wrote

I've been to that memorial. Much more eloquent
than most.

Whoever did that memorial absolutely nailed the essence of being an

American
Bluejacket. As Dex so aptly puts it ---

"Hey world, you name the game... Pick out your chunk of ocean and

we'll find you
and whip your ass."

....or as someone else put it at
http://tinyurl.com/3dnws

73, de Hans, K0HB

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash."
Sir Winston Churchill, First Lord of the Admiralty . . .=20

What part of the US Navy did he serve in?

73 de Jim, N2EY

KØHB December 12th 04 07:19 PM

"Len Over 21" wrote

Those "sewer pipe" folk (whatever that means) haven't
really accepted any other radio users/operators who
served on land or in the air WITHOUT needing
all those mighty macho morsemanship skills. We "landlubbers"
(term used as a sort-of pejorative by swaggering sea-goers) are
supposedly nobodies due to the lack of morsebeeping in our
military records.

What's the matter, Len? Are you feeling left out of the conversation?

Contrary to your pedandic whining, I have nothing but positive regard for anyone
who served in any Armed Force, regardless of the color of their uniform, their
NEC (MOS to you), and whether or not they know what a sewer-pipe Radioman is (I
could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you).

3, de Hans, K0HB

[email protected] December 12th 04 07:23 PM

K=D8HB wrote:
wrote

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum,

sodomy
and the lash."
Sir Winston Churchill, First Lord of the Admiralty . . .

w3rv

The "First Lord" at that point in his life was a political hack

without a clue.
(But you already knew that)

Yup.

'Twas a troll.

Figgered it might pull a bottom-feeder or two out from under their
rocks.

It did.=20

=20
3, de Hans, K0HB

w3rv

KØHB December 12th 04 07:44 PM

wrote

Figgered it might pull a bottom-feeder or two out from under their
rocks.

'Bottom feeder'? What an interesting comment from one who apparently never
mustered up enough balls to wear a uniform himself.

3, de Hans, K0HB

Charles Brabham December 12th 04 07:57 PM

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote

Figgered it might pull a bottom-feeder or two out from under their
rocks.

'Bottom feeder'? What an interesting comment from one who apparently
never mustered up enough balls to wear a uniform himself.

3, de Hans, K0HB

I am one of those who once wore a uniform, and yes it did take some ball to
wear it... The guy who owned it got pretty mad!

Charles, N5PVL

JAMES HAMPTON December 12th 04 08:33 PM

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Casey"

writes:

how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero

As I read Hans' and Jim's and others' stories of their USN, USCG and

Merchant
Marine experiences, one thing that is clear to me is that they do *not*

claim
to be "one-of-a-kind" at all. Rather, they are simply relating their
experiences as part of a community. That's why the statue of a single

sailor in
Washington DC can express so much.

Hello, Jim

Heck, anyone who has used one of those old green machines knows how they
were. Folks should be very grateful for the modern pc. The electronics are
far more rugged than the old teletypes. I've often stared at the 100 word
per minute mechanical beasties clanking away and wondered how they could do
that without flying apart. Of course, they did break down now and then ...
;)

JAMES HAMPTON December 12th 04 08:51 PM

"Casey" wrote in message

Oh how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero grow more
exotic and more exaggerated as the years pass and the number of
brown bottles consumed down at the Legion Hall grows. Do join Hans
down at the Legion Hall. Friday nite Happy Hour awards are given for
who can spin most incredible sea story.
ROTFLMAO! You old farts need to get a life!

Oh, but I *do* have a life. I never joined any of the groups such as you
mention. I'm too busy moderating several groups (electronics, computers,
medical) and repairing computers. I always get a chuckle out of the folks
who think I'm over the hill. My neighbor is a good example. I cleaned her
computer up once, partitioned the hard drive, set the programs back up,
added a firewall and anti-virus. A while later, she had another problem
and took it to a "tech".

She called me a couple of months later. She's on cable (roadrunner).
Broadband. Seems the tech took out the partition and did *not* re-install
the firewall nor antivirus. Not particularly smart. That mess took me a
couple of trips over and required application of three different programs
(plus a manual edit of the registry).

She told me over a month that she had "improved" her pc. Guess what? A
swiped copy of WinXP. LOL. I told her what to expect. I didn't mention
that I was going to be too busy to help her this time, but I think she got
the message. I haven't heard from her and I'm certain that XP has locked up
by now.

ROTFLMAO!!

Meanwhile, I've responded to a couple of posts and now going to check the
other groups, clean the hard drive, defrag, and call it a day (for a couple
of hours).

Len Over 21 December 12th 04 09:24 PM

In article , "JAMES HAMPTON"
writes:

Heck, anyone who has used one of those old green machines knows how they
were. Folks should be very grateful for the modern pc. The electronics are
far more rugged than the old teletypes. I've often stared at the 100 word
per minute mechanical beasties clanking away and wondered how they could do
that without flying apart. Of course, they did break down now and then ...
;)

"Green?" All the ones I've ever worked with were black (old Model
15 to 19) or different shades of Teletype Corporation gray (Model
28 or 33)... :-)

Teletype Corporation ought to get a standing ovation for some
excellent mechanical design in those old teleprinters. They were
robust performers that went on for days at a time needing only to
be fed paper and (once in a while) a new ribbon.

The old 60 WPM units were tried out at 75 WPM on a few Army
circuits in 1955. MTBF went to hell at that speed and those circuits
had very high maintenance turn-over. Restored to 60 WPM speeds,
they continued on as if nothing had happened. Used the old type
cage structure of the manual/electric typewriters.

The "stunt box" (literally a box of type) used on the newer 100
WPM models did awesome things, true, fun to watch while
waiting for a program's answer back. Never had one "lock up" in
some strange mode, though, that including the old all-caps 60
WPM machines with Caps/Figs keys.

By 1980 the matrix printer was IN for anyone needing text
throughput, honking out 300 WPM with just a polite buzz instead
of the clatter-bang of the mechanical teleprinters. My little Epson
MX-80 (purchased in 1980) is still operational but it can't be given
away in this age of inkjet printers that tosses out an entire page
of text in 5 seconds (draft mode, black and white). The only sound
from the "old" HP 722 inkjet printer is the paper-advance stepping
motor; inkjets themselves being inaudible.

But, the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Society (ARS) isn't really
interested in communications per se, is it? ARS is all about
HOW the communications is done, not the comms' content. :-)

Most Best Holiday Greetings,

Len Over 21 December 12th 04 09:24 PM

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

What part of the US Navy did he serve in?

What part of the US military did YOU serve in?

ex-RA16408336

Len Over 21 December 12th 04 09:33 PM

In article , "SPAM Patrol"
writes:

Oh oh, now you are really gonna **** off Hans.

NO, I won't "**** him off."

The difference being that he and I were IN the military serving
our country, the USA. WE can talk back and forth and be
proud of what WE did. You can't.

He wont be in
shape to spin sea yarns down at the legion hall for a week.
ROTFLMAO!

Ha. Ha. Ha. And YOUR "military service" must consist of
getting a complimentary Legion membership just to hang out
at the Legion Hall's bar and make fun of members who DID
serve? Must be, wanna-be.

Go get a REAL life. And an alfterlife real soon.

ex-RA16408336, 1952-1960

N2EY December 12th 04 10:47 PM

In article , "JAMES HAMPTON"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Casey"

writes:

how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero

As I read Hans' and Jim's and others' stories of their USN, USCG and

Merchant
Marine experiences, one thing that is clear to me is that they do *not*

claim
to be "one-of-a-kind" at all. Rather, they are simply relating their
experiences as part of a community. That's why the statue of a single

sailor in
Washington DC can express so much.

Hello, Jim

Heck, anyone who has used one of those old green machines knows how they
were.

Yep. We had some of them at the University amateur station.

Folks should be very grateful for the modern pc. The electronics are
far more rugged than the old teletypes. I've often stared at the 100 word
per minute mechanical beasties clanking away and wondered how they could do
that without flying apart. Of course, they did break down now and then ...
;)

They made one heck of a clatter at 60 wpm! And even in our limited use, in the
comfy conditions of Room 214, they required some care.

Still, a PC won't give you that smell of hot oil nor the satisfying din at the
end of the hall. While I never learned the entire Baudot code, I was able to
recognize "RY" and "CQ" in FSK.

73 es keep the stories coming

Jim, N2EY

Dave Heil December 13th 04 12:36 AM

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

What part of the US Navy did he serve in?

What part of the US military did YOU serve in?

ex-RA16408336

What your amateur radio callsign, Len?

Dave K8MN
AF12832692

Avery Fineman December 13th 04 01:33 AM

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

What part of the US Navy did he serve in?

What part of the US military did YOU serve in?

ex-RA16408336

What your amateur radio callsign, Len?

Ach, ja, der Gruppenfuhrer uf das Raddio Kops demands "to see
papers!" :-)

Don't let your "diplomatic training" interfere with your attempted
overthrow of the First Amendment that prohibits us U.S. citizens
from discussing FEDERAL LAW AND REGULATION.

You are still stuck on the fantasy that you have this little
fraternal order where You and Your Kind are the "only" ones
who can "make rules." Therefore, in your fantasyland vision,
all who are not licensed cannot discuss a damn thing about
amateur radio. Tsk. Secretary Powell might have frowned on
your fantasy world dicta. Maybe Condie Rice will buy it? :-)

Oh, and on the thread, I didn't need any amateur radio license
to get into the Signal Corps, then get assigned to a station
with three dozen high-power HF transmitters, then operate them
and maintain them. Operation and maintenance was NOT for
amateurs. That was only the beginning for me...something that
happened while you were way too young to be responsible for
much of anything.

I suppose you are going to go into the "ham neophyte" act again,
reprising that old, trite, very tired "I will be a 'beginner' in radio if
I ever get a ham license!" Gee-suss, herr Gruppenfuhrer, what's
to know that can't be picked up in a day...and what happens if
'proceedure' isn't followed _exactly_? Will I be "fired" for not using
"correct" language, format, protocol or all that other bull****? :-)

Oooooooooo...I can see the fires of a potential Flame War growing
on your side of the screen! Outrage at some "outsider" sassing
der great Gruppenfuhrer! How dare they! :-)

Focus. Try to stay within a light year of the general thread. Drop
the assinine "olde-tymer brotherhood of morsemen" schtick and
outrage at "nobody talks to us hams like that!" It got tired long ago.

A Most Pleasant Seasoned Greeting...guten abend.

Charles Brabham December 13th 04 02:08 AM

"SPAM Patrol" wrote in message
Oh my, you are very nasty fellow.

Weak sisters... Pantywaists. My pet miniature daschund could terrorize
either one or both of them at a moment's notice.

Watch out for your ankles!

Charles, N5PVL

Dave Heil December 13th 04 05:20 AM

Avery Fineman wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

What part of the US Navy did he serve in?

What part of the US military did YOU serve in?

ex-RA16408336

What your amateur radio callsign, Len?

Ach, ja, der Gruppenfuhrer uf das Raddio Kops demands "to see
papers!" :-)

Didn't you just ask for Jim's papers? :-) :-)

Don't let your "diplomatic training" interfere with your attempted
overthrow of the First Amendment that prohibits us U.S. citizens
from discussing FEDERAL LAW AND REGULATION.

It is "Federal law and regulation".

You are still stuck on the fantasy that you have this little
fraternal order where You and Your Kind are the "only" ones
who can "make rules." Therefore, in your fantasyland vision,
all who are not licensed cannot discuss a damn thing about
amateur radio. Tsk. Secretary Powell might have frowned on
your fantasy world dicta. Maybe Condie Rice will buy it? :-)

Naw, Len. Me and my kind are licensed amateur radio operators. You
aren't. You can discuss and have discussed. You get quite a number of
things about amateur radio incorrect. I didn't work for Secretary
Powell and he had nothing to do with my amateur radio operation. How
did you foul that up?

Oh, and on the thread, I didn't need any amateur radio license
to get into the Signal Corps, then get assigned to a station
with three dozen high-power HF transmitters, then operate them
and maintain them.

Good for you, Len. You didn't need an "Awesome Trainer" or an amateur
license to get into the Signal Corps. Is your objective in posting here
to get back into the Signal Corps?

Operation and maintenance was NOT for
amateurs.

Sure it was, Len. I'm sure that when you first began doing such work,
you were strictly a rank beginner.

That was only the beginning for me...something that
happened while you were way too young to be responsible for
much of anything.

That's fine, old timer. I'll be happy to carry on for some time after
you are able to be responsible for much of anything. Things like that
even out. There are, of course, things which don't even out. If you
become a beginner in amateur radio, there is no realistic way for you to
enjoy four decades or more in the game. Quite a number of guys get into
ham radio late in life. Many of them are exhuberant and quick learners.
They make hay while the sun shines. Your pile of hay is quite small and
it is beginning to mildew.

I suppose you are going to go into the "ham neophyte" act again,
reprising that old, trite, very tired "I will be a 'beginner' in radio if
I ever get a ham license!" Gee-suss, herr Gruppenfuhrer, what's
to know that can't be picked up in a day...and what happens if
'proceedure' isn't followed _exactly_? Will I be "fired" for not using
"correct" language, format, protocol or all that other bull****? :-)

That's right, Len, but don't get too far ahead of yourself. When and if
you ever obtain an amateur radio license, you'll be a rank beginner in
amateur radio. You have not yet attained that status. There's plenty
to know which can't be picked up in a day.

If you don't adhere to regs, procedure, protocol, etc., you'll be at
best marked as a green op. Carry on with that and you'll be known as a
lid.
Carry it to the extreme of breaking FCC regs and the Commission can
"fire" you.

Oooooooooo...I can see the fires of a potential Flame War growing
on your side of the screen! Outrage at some "outsider" sassing
der great Gruppenfuhrer! How dare they! :-)

Outrage? I'm not even close to outrage, especially when you remind me
that you're an outsider to amateur radio. Just pace the sidelines as
you've done from the beginnings of your r.r.a.p. history.

Focus. Try to stay within a light year of the general thread. Drop
the assinine "olde-tymer brotherhood of morsemen" schtick and
outrage at "nobody talks to us hams like that!" It got tired long ago.

Let's see. You wanted to know which part of the military in which Jim
served. I suppose that makes you Gruppen-somthing of the Military
Police--you know, the guys in charge of checking everyone's military
identification in an amateur radio newsgroup. The question I posed to
you would be much more apropos in this venue. I take it that you took
offense. Well, that's nice.

A Most Pleasant Seasoned Greeting...guten abend.

That's awfully nice of you, Leonard. My mom is visiting out your way.
Perhaps I'll arrange it so that she, my sister, my niece and my nephews
can drop by and sing some carols for you. That might bring some cheer
into your existence.

Dave K8MN

Len Over 21 December 13th 04 06:23 AM

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

What part of the US Navy did he serve in?

What part of the US military did YOU serve in?

ex-RA16408336

What your amateur radio callsign, Len?

Ach, ja, der Gruppenfuhrer uf das Raddio Kops demands "to see
papers!" :-)

Didn't you just ask for Jim's papers? :-) :-)

Why? Can't he put them in the recycling barrel along with other
used paper?

Don't let your "diplomatic training" interfere with your attempted
overthrow of the First Amendment that prohibits us U.S. citizens
from discussing FEDERAL LAW AND REGULATION.

It is "Federal law and regulation".

Ah yes, herr gruppenfuhrer is now with the Syntax Squad. :-)

You are still stuck on the fantasy that you have this little
fraternal order where You and Your Kind are the "only" ones
who can "make rules." Therefore, in your fantasyland vision,
all who are not licensed cannot discuss a damn thing about
amateur radio. Tsk. Secretary Powell might have frowned on
your fantasy world dicta. Maybe Condie Rice will buy it? :-)

Naw, Len. Me and my kind are licensed amateur radio operators.

Isn't that sweet? Do you want a nice gold star on your
certificate (suitable for framing)?

You aren't.

Absolutely true. First thing you've gotten right so far...

You can discuss and have discussed.

And everyone can be sure that herr Heil will be in there with the
"you ain't got no ham license!" :-)

Heil is utterly predictable. Can't address any subject thread and
always tries for the misdirect.

You get quite a number of things about amateur radio incorrect.

I'm sure you'd like that to be true, but YOU are incorrect.

I didn't work for Secretary
Powell and he had nothing to do with my amateur radio operation.

I didn't think so. Powell has diplomacy. You don't.

How did you foul that up?

Foul what up? I didn't "foul anything up," sweetums. You keep
manufacturing incidents that don't, didn't exist. :-)

Good for you, Len. You didn't need an "Awesome Trainer" or an amateur
license to get into the Signal Corps.

Never said I needed some "Awesome trainer."

Again, you are manufacturing an incident that didn't happen.

You do that consistently.

Is your objective in posting here to get back into the Signal Corps?

No. What is YOUR "objective?" :-)

Tsk. All you seem to do is pick on certain communicators that
you don't like and then make like you "run" the show. :-)

Sure it was, Len. I'm sure that when you first began doing such work,
you were strictly a rank beginner.

Yes, I had rank. No, I was not a "beginner."

Tsk. You got it WRONG again!

You manufactured the wrong incident.

That's fine, old timer. I'll be happy to carry on for some time after
you are able to be responsible for much of anything.

I'm sure you would like that...it is shared with the trashman, you
know, the Avenging Angle of the newsgroup. :-)

Things like that
even out. There are, of course, things which don't even out. If you
become a beginner in amateur radio, there is no realistic way for you to
enjoy four decades or more in the game.

Tsk. Why is it SO necessary to do as YOU did?

Is your ego really that large that you evaluate everyone based on
your "accomplishments?" Must be.

Quite a number of guys get into
ham radio late in life. Many of them are exhuberant and quick learners.
They make hay while the sun shines. Your pile of hay is quite small and
it is beginning to mildew.

Tsk, tsk. More manufacturing of things. You have a very busy
insult factory going. Not a good thing for the image of U.S.
amateur radio, is it?

That's right, Len, but don't get too far ahead of yourself. When and if
you ever obtain an amateur radio license, you'll be a rank beginner in
amateur radio.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Still trying to misdirect away from the thread,
aren't you? :-)

"Morse Runner" is a code contest simulator, is it not? The thread
also associated that with various others' military experience.

Now you want to return to your (predictable) diatribe of "nyah,
nyah, you will be a 'rank beginner' in amateur radio," yadada,
yadada, yadada.

You have not yet attained that status.

What "status?" :-)

Why is it so NECESSARY to have that federal license in order
to discuss the test elements for ENTERING amateur radio?

There's plenty to know which can't be picked up in a day.

Oh my! Are years and years of "hard work and study" needed,
oh mighty god of radio?

NO ONE can be as good or experienced as yourself...you've
implied that about you for years and years in here. :-)

If you don't adhere to regs, procedure, protocol, etc., you'll be at
best marked as a green op. Carry on with that and you'll be known as a
lid.

Oh, my, YES, by all means use the Proper Proceedure. Say "hi hi"
in voice instead of laughing...report all signal strengths as "599"...
and so forth.

Who said anything about "not adhering to regulations?!?"

Have you prepared some kind of court order for arrest based on
your suppostiion of the future?

Carry it to the extreme of breaking FCC regs and the Commission can
"fire" you.

Oh, my, der gruppenfuhrer suddenly morphs into Riley Hollingsworth!

So...if I laugh out loud on voice on the ham bands, I'm breaking
some kind of regulation? :-)

Outrage? I'm not even close to outrage, especially when you remind me
that you're an outsider to amateur radio.

With your behavior, it's a wonder that anyone accessing this
newsgroup wants to get into U.S. amateur radio.

Just pace the sidelines as
you've done from the beginnings of your r.r.a.p. history.

Tsk. You should have put that as "all my life" instead of just some
kind of "history in r.r.a.p." :-)

You're slowing down, old fella. Age is beginning to set into your
little neurons.

No, wait. It must be RELIGIOUS THING with you. All without
ham licenses are some kind of "infidels?" Yes, that must be it.
You've gone on and on about that AMATEUR license as some
kind of "holy grail" or a "Mecca" to visit or similar.

You don't accept a whole career in radio-electronics as good for
anything, do you? Nope. You dismiss it. Spoils the hell out
your rant, doesn't it? :-)

Let's see. You wanted to know which part of the military in which Jim
served.

Jim who? Tsk. You are trying to be Hall Monitor again?

The question I posed to
you would be much more apropos in this venue.

No, NOT "apropo." The subject thread started out talking about
a new freeware called "Morse Runner," a CW contest simulator.

I'm sure it is a nice computer program and well written.

However, I'd never be involved in the so-called "radiosport" of
making as many "contacts" as possible in a given amount of
time. That's not communicating anything. That's just some
kind of game. I can get all sorts of computer games to play
with and so can everyone else.

Do I need an amateur radio license to run a GAME on a computer?
Absolutely NOT. Hundreds of thousands of unlicensed others do
that every day, most not even using any sort of "wireless" hookup.

Do I need an amateur radio license to run a transmitter NOT on
the ham bands? No, that requires, for some radio services (but
not all), a COMMERCIAL license. Tsk, I've had one of those
since early 1956. :-)

No, you keep coming back to what YOU think is "apropo," that
of constantly bothering about MY not having an amateur radio
license. That BOTHERS you since that's about all you can do,
bring that up in any thread NOT about that subject.

That's awfully nice of you, Leonard. My mom is visiting out your way.
Perhaps I'll arrange it so that she, my sister, my niece and my nephews
can drop by and sing some carols for you. That might bring some cheer
into your existence.

"Cheer?" Try some industrial floor cleaner instead of laundry soap.
They can scrub the oil spots out of the garage floor. Minimum wage
even if their Green Cards are up to date.

Meanwhile, you keep on your wonderful, warm-spirited recruiting
campaign to entice newcomers to U.S. amateur radio by saying
they will all be "rank beginners!" The way you are going here there
won't be any worry about using up all the sequentially-assigned
call signs for years. :-)

Don't burn your menorah candles at both ends.