Old December 27th 04, 10:09 PM

Default K0HB Supports Common Sense...YES!

Subject: K0HB Supports Common Sense...YES!
From: PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 12/26/2004 2:49 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4YZ) writes:

That's right! And as the snopes item shows, *that* claim was an
exaggeration.

Almost everything that comes out of Algore's mouth is an

exaggeration,
Jim.

Then why are there so few quotes proving that claim?

Now that's just about as ludicrous as they come, Jim.

Algore embarrassed himslef with his lack of situational

awareness for 8
years. Tipper had more on the ball than he did.

Haven't you stopped and asked yourself why Algore was not able

to carry
his home state in his election, and why not even the most

aggressive of
campaigning by the Dems in a traditionally Dem state couldn't turn

out the
votes for Kerry...?????

The first case is simple: Gore was tainted by being associated with

the
Clinton
administration. How unusual is it for a candidate to not carry his

home
state,
particularly when that candidate has held national office for 8 or

more
years?

The first case IS simple and it's NOT what you cited...It was

due to
Tennesseeans
knowing what Algore was all about and NOT wanting him as a president.

But it was Tennessee that sent Al Gore - and his dad - to Washington in
the first place, right?

Wasn't Al Gore elected to *represent* Tennesseans at the national
level? Didn't he serve in that capacity for *years*, before becoming
VP?

Tennesseeans are fiercely proud OF Tennesseeans who have "made

good".
They didn't want to be embarrassed any more.

Tennesseans gave us both Al Gores in the first place, didn't they?

The second case is more complicated, but it boils down to this: The

old rules
about "traditionally Dem/Repub" simply don't apply anymore. Texas

and most of
the rest of the South used to be traditionally Democrat, too.

Sorry, Jim...that doesn't fly either, except When James Carville

is making
excuses as to why HIS interpretation of political goings-on fails the

litmus
test.

Why doesn't it fly?

Look at how Texas and the rest of the South have voted since 1980. Were
they predominantly red or blue?

The days when the South was knee-jerk Democrat are long gone, Steve.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the

initiative
in creating the Internet."

And he did. He and a whole committee of others.

I am glad YOU realize it was "....a whole committee of

others"....

Because Algore didn't.

Sure he did - as part of the committee.

No, he did not. His comments were singular possessive. None of

that "we"
business. Your own references reflect.

My mistake. I meant that he was part of the committee, not that he
realized it or stated it.

What is most interesting is that his record of legislation regarding
the internet is very impressive *without* any exaggeration. By
exaggerating as he did, he destroyed much of his credibility.

I snipped the rest, Jim. Your mind's made up and there's no

likelyhood
you'll do anything but continue to redirect, so there you "win". My

gift to
you this holiday season.

The fact remains that Al Gore never claimed to have invented the
Internet.

73 de Jim, N2EY

K0HB Supports Common Sense...NOT! KØHB Policy 43 December 28th 04 01:11 AM
K0HB Supports Common Sense Kim Policy 7 December 23rd 04 01:28 PM
K0HB Supports Terrorist Use Of GPS Net Against America K4YZ Policy 35 December 21st 04 04:44 AM
Common sense applied Ragnar Otterstad Dx 0 December 3rd 03 10:52 AM
Common sense applied Ragnar Otterstad Dx 0 December 3rd 03 10:52 AM