Old January 6th 05, 02:30 AM

Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Old January 6th 05, 02:45 AM

Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Old January 6th 05, 02:53 AM

Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Old January 6th 05, 12:18 PM
K4YZ

From: Mike Coslo - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:53:41 -0500
Subject: Test

N2EY wrote:
Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Is usenet working?

UR RST 599, OM.

"YOU'RE FIVE NINE MARY-LAND, BUT CAN YOU REPEAT YOUR NUMBER AND
CALL...???"

I always love those guys.

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 6th 05, 01:12 PM

From: Mike Coslo - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:53:41 -0500

N2EY wrote:
Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Is usenet working?

AOL has been behaving strangely. Postings can be made but not seen.
This is after some days of multiple postings from the same author, old
posts reappearing after being marked "read", etc.

Which is why you're seeing this from Google.

UR RST 599, OM.

"YOU'RE FIVE NINE MARY-LAND, BUT CAN YOU REPEAT YOUR NUMBER AND
CALL...???"

I always love those guys.

Yep. Another is the habit of repeating the *other guy's* exchange, and
asking "QSL?"

Which is one more reason I'm mostly on CW. None of that nonsense.
73 de Jim, N2EY

Old January 9th 05, 01:59 AM

N2EY wrote:
Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Is usenet working?

It's certainly working here today via Google and my ISP. Earlier today
I responded to a thread authored by Coslo in the dot antennas group and
the bloomin' thing came up in the group within *seconds*! Astounding!
'Twas almost chat room and instant messaging speed.

That was only once earlier today, none of it is very stable so far and
the glitches are annoying.

w3rv

Old January 21st 05, 09:21 AM
K4YZ

Dave Heil wrote:
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

PAMNO

From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 06 Jan 2005 02:30:21 GMT

Sent 9:29 PM EST Jan 5 2005

Is usenet working?

Obviously not. Did you use the proper ARRL-approved procedure
and correct prosigns?

Do you do that?

Oh Heaven Forbid!

The above message appeared on Coronation Day (20 Jan 05)
download of this newsgroup from AOL.

If this was inauguration day for John Kerry, would it have been
Coronation Day?

Of course not!

Personally, I wish we could have had it rebroadcast all over the
world.

That "We, The People" business was done all over again, and once
again we decided the leadership of the most powerful nation on Earth
without firing a single shot!

All the "shots' fired were of the verbal kind...the people were
allowed to decide for themsleves, and their opinions solicited in the
form of a ballot.

Many didn't get what they hoped for, but they will move on to the
NEXT election.

Had there been observation of the Newsgroup NEWS on AOL
you would have seen the announcement (by AOL) that they
had "technical difficulties" in interfacing to INTERNET
newsgroups. On that same AOL NEWS section there is NO
indication that AOL will be dropping newsgroup connections
to the INTERNET in "early 2005."

Suggestion: Connect to DARPANET directly and use morse
code mode communications. After all, "CW gets through
when nothing else will, right?"

Tell us again what "usenet" stands for, Leonard.

And tell us about operating with an expired license again
too...That was too funny!

73

Steve, K4YZ

FS: Antique Test Equipment - collectible 4K Boatanchors 0 December 6th 04 01:13 PM
The Pool Alun Policy 81 June 4th 04 03:30 AM
Tantalums and test eqpt. Henry Kolesnik Homebrew 7 January 25th 04 09:28 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 03:45 AM
My response to Jim Wiley, KL7CC Brian Policy 3 October 24th 03 12:02 AM