Old January 10th 05, 09:44 PM

Default Project Diana - 59 Years Ago Today

http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old January 11th 05, 01:55 AM
Mike Coslo

http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

I enjoyed it immensely, Jim. Thanks for the post!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 11th 05, 02:11 AM
bb

http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Ahh, yes. Hams doing non-ham stuff.
I wonder if they calculated the distance to the moon correctly?

Old January 11th 05, 05:34 AM
Len Over 21

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

wrote:
http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Ahh, yes. Hams doing non-ham stuff.
I wonder if they calculated the distance to the moon correctly?

Well, Brian, Jimmie done took the post bus out of Monmouth
often enough, could see the big bedspring radar antennas at
The Labs (there were 3 laboratory installations along the
highway). I'm sure he has contributed his Oral History
recording for the archives as have all the veterans of Project
Diana. [hand salute!]

Maybe he forgot to mention the First Ham in Space! According
to tonight's Jeopardy program clues, Ham the Chimp was the
first "American" in space. :-)

Oook, oook!

Old January 13th 05, 01:10 AM
bb

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article .com,

"bb"
writes:

wrote:
http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Ahh, yes. Hams doing non-ham stuff.
I wonder if they calculated the distance to the moon correctly?

Well, Brian, Jimmie done took the post bus out of Monmouth
often enough, could see the big bedspring radar antennas at
The Labs (there were 3 laboratory installations along the
highway). I'm sure he has contributed his Oral History
recording for the archives as have all the veterans of Project
Diana. [hand salute!]

Q: If a ham has no operating priveleges, is (s)he still a ham?

Maybe he forgot to mention the First Ham in Space! According
to tonight's Jeopardy program clues, Ham the Chimp was the
first "American" in space. :-)

Oook, oook!

What was his callsign?

Old January 13th 05, 09:46 PM
bb

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article .com,

"bb"
writes:

wrote:
http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Ahh, yes. Hams doing non-ham stuff.
I wonder if they calculated the distance to the moon correctly?

Well, Brian, Jimmie done took the post bus out of Monmouth
often enough, could see the big bedspring radar antennas at
The Labs (there were 3 laboratory installations along the
highway). I'm sure he has contributed his Oral History
recording for the archives as have all the veterans of Project
Diana. [hand salute!]

Maybe he forgot to mention the First Ham in Space! According
to tonight's Jeopardy program clues, Ham the Chimp was the
first "American" in space. :-)

Oook, oook!

But Len, did Ham the Chimp have a license?

Old January 14th 05, 03:46 AM
Len Over 21

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

wrote:
http://www.eagle.ca/~harry/ba/eme/

http://www.eham.net/articles/9988
Many of those involved in the project were hams.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Ahh, yes. Hams doing non-ham stuff.
I wonder if they calculated the distance to the moon correctly?

Brian, they didn't have to calculate anything. Having taken
and passed the U.S. amateur radio license code test, they
knew intrinsically all about the Space Business and pioneering
of the radio arts. [Hams had invented astronomy, you see...]

Legend has it that when J.P. was Serving His Country teaching
the poor ignorant children of Redbank all about mort's code,
he would jog along the highway leading to Fort Monmouth. He
might have given the GIs on the post bus the one-finger salute
but he could smile to himself as he passed Coles, Evans, and
Squier Laboratories...hams were busy inside keeping our
country safe, serving the Signal Corps with the very best CW
equipment there could be. Those hams KNEW all about the
planetary positions given out in daily bulletins from W1AW.

Without hams we could only fish around and beef...

Did dit

Old January 15th 05, 01:21 AM
bb

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article .com,

"bb"
writes:

wrote:
[...]

Hams invented RADAR, too, but are not allowed to actually use the mode.

BPL - UPLC ->Repeat the lie three times and claim it for truth King Zulu Policy 213 July 16th 04 11:31 PM
160 Years Ago Today N2EY Policy 1 May 24th 04 11:32 PM
AMATEUR RADIO NEWSLINEâ„¢ ANNOUNCES CREATION OF THE ROY NEAL, K6DUE, AMATEUR RADIO MENTORING PROJECT Radionews General 0 January 30th 04 10:00 AM
AMATEUR RADIO NEWSLINEâ„¢ ANNOUNCES CREATION OF THE ROY NEAL, K6DUE, AMATEUR RADIO MENTORING PROJECT Radionews Dx 0 January 30th 04 10:00 AM
Why You Don't Like The ARRL Louis C. LeVine Policy 803 January 23rd 04 01:12 AM