RadioBanter

-   -   Content Control (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/28065-content-control.html)

Dave Heil January 18th 05 10:32 PM

Phil Kane wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:38:54 GMT, Dave Heil wrote:

Amateurs seem to believe that amateur radio should
be the idle dribble we call amateur radio.

For God's sake, Todd, the word is "drivel" and I don't see your
"broadcast" as being better stuff.

Now, now, Dave. Todd is self-proclaimed educated and an advisor to
legislators at the seat of government on the laws and future of
"micro- broadcasting". Surely he knows how to dribble the
information out....

But, Phil, if one dribbles, shouldn't care be taken so as not to dribble
on one's self?

The reason it's dying isn't because the lack of amateurs in the service.
No the reason it's dying is content control. Amateur radio
is dying because amateur's are under the belief that the
FCC can control the content of an amateur station.

I'm under the belief that the sun rises in the morning and sets in
the evening. Some things we *-just-* have to take on faith, it
seems.

I wanna know how your new career as henchman is working out? Does a
henchman gig pay well?

Dave K8MN

Phil Kane January 18th 05 11:43 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:32:49 GMT, Dave Heil wrote:

I wanna know how your new career as henchman is working out? Does a
henchman gig pay well?

Depends on the size of the hench one uses....

I guess that I missed my career. I shouda' been a warlord instead
of a henchman. Whenever I hear "warlord" in a news broadcast I
flash on the character in "Terry and the Pirates" with the pigtail
and headband swinging a hatchet....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Psychiatrist to keyclowns January 19th 05 01:21 AM

If you need to hear your voice try a tape recorder.

[email protected] January 19th 05 05:23 AM

Phil Kane wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:32:49 GMT, Dave Heil wrote:

I wanna know how your new career as henchman is working out? Does a
henchman gig pay well?

Depends on the size of the hench one uses....

A size nine hench seems to work best for me in most venues. But a size
twelve hench seems to work better when dealing with twistoids like this
Daugherty thing.

I guess that I missed my career. I shouda' been a warlord instead
of a henchman. Whenever I hear "warlord" in a news broadcast I
flash on the character in "Terry and the Pirates" with the pigtail
and headband swinging a hatchet....

Yeah, I can see him in my mind's eye but I can't for the life of me
dredge up his name.

Hotshot Charlie, Connie the Coolie . . The DRAGON LADY!

Talk about "content" . . . !

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

w3rv

Mel A. Nomah January 19th 05 05:57 AM

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

:
: All amateurs should move to the internet
:

Sounds like a plan. You move your broadcast there, and we'll all follow.
If we don't show up on time, start without us.

M.A.N.
--
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord,
make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."

Todd Daugherty January 19th 05 01:18 PM

Mel I didn't post that someone else did...you found that in the comment
section of the blog.
Todd N9OGL
"Mel A. Nomah" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message
: Content Control
: I had recently started broadcasting my N9OGL Show on 28.555 MHz at 9.00

pm
: CST. On my first broadcast I talked about content control in the amateur
: radio service. Amateur Radio is on the eve of dying; The reason it's

dying
: isn't because the lack of amateurs in the service. No the reason it's
dying
: is content control. Amateur radio is dying because amateur's are under

the
: belief that the FCC can control the content of an amateur station.

Todd,

I saw some of your "content" on your blogsite. (Cut and pasted below) Is
this the kind of "content" you want to put on the ham bands?

M.A.N.
--
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord,
make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."
- Voltaire

- - - - N9OGL COMMENTS CUT/PASTED FROM HIS BLOG FOLLOW - - - -

Written by Todd Daugherty N9OGL

On February 8, 2002 the United States Court of Appeal ruled the Radio
Broadcast Preservation Act (RBPA-2000) was unconstitutional (Greg Ruggiero
vs. FCC 2002) then to a shock the court of appeals overturned it's own
decision ruling that the RBPA of 2000 was constitutional. (Greg Ruggiero

Vs
FCC 2003). I'm writing this "paper" because I feel that there was

something
that should have been said but wasn't and since I tell it as it is I will
say it. There is also a problem with the recent ruling (Greg Ruggiero Vs

FCC
2003) which I've also added to this paper.

The first comes from that Bitch Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson who stated

in
the 2002 ruling

First, you must not have to be very intelligent to be a ****ing judge of

the
court of appeal.it seems if they can let this dumb ass bitch and her

little
bitch whore buddies on the bench then anyone can..

Did I ****ing miss something here??? Listen bitch the FCC NEVER had any

LPFM
rules prior to the passing of the LPFM rules in 1999. You and your ****ing
whores in the Court of Appeal are the stupidest mother ****ers on the
planet. For years the FCC went around telling you that all a person had to
do was fill out an application and ask for a waiver..well guest what you
****ing sluts THE FCC ****ING LIED TO YOU!!! The FCC has NEVER considered
application and waiver for LPFM ..and you stupid ****s believed them all
these years. That's why a lot of people went on the air..because the FCC
wouldn't consider applications and waivers for a low power service. Bitch

my
group applied six times for a license with waiver and that is why we went
pirate.

And now.2003 for the king bitch whore Ginsburg.

The commission proposed?? That's a bunch of **** the FCC didn't propose it
someone else did in a Petition for Rulemaking.that's a bunch of ****ing

****
quit smoking your ****ing crack.

The Congress responded not out of concern of what the FCC was doing but by
the huge load of cash they were getting from the National Association of
Broadcasters (NAB). My dickhead congressman John ****less (Shinkus)

Got paid $14,000 from the NAB for the RBPA but that's ok..I'm going make
sure that son of bitch mother ****er isn't elected again!

Then perhaps " former pirates" like WBCQ shouldn't have a license..and

tell
me you stupid ****...when did the disregard to the legal process become
legal..You stupid **** head has basically given the FCC the go ahead to
disregard not only the judiciary process but the Administrative Procedure
Act (APA). Your stupid thinking is regardless to what a federal judge or

an
administrative judge says a pirate is a pirate regardless to what legal
challenge they may bring and regardless of any fact or findings. Your
****ing retarded thinking is that a pirate is guilty regardless of any
evidence.well ****, why do we do that with murders..Hell, Bob Butt much
killed Joe Dickless but hey there's evidence he not guilty.**** he's

guilty
regardless of any evidence. That the same ****ing **** you did with

pirates
then it should apply to any other crime. Perhaps Mr. Ginsburg you should
stop kissing congress and the federal government ass.

And now a few words from my favorite dickhead.Judge Randolph.

This has to be one of the stupidest mother ****er on the planet...No
chilling effect??? How about the ability to allow an agency to disregard

any
legal proceeding as prescribed under the APA not to mention your next

stupid
****s comment..

Despite what
you and your little bitch whore buddies in the NAB may think as the
secretary of commerce Herbert Hoover once stated The First Amendment and
radio fall hand in hand..and it stupid ****s like you in the court of

appeal
that are destroying not only free speech but destroying the legal process.

As for the U.S. Supreme Court..there just as **** stupid as these ****ing
idiots..you know at one time I had great respect for the U.S. Supreme

Court.
But now..by allowing this stupid ****s to destroy the legal process and
basically misread Red Lion Broadcasting and bend it to their own ****ing
will I think the U.S. Supreme Court has got to **** hell and my respect is
now gone. Because they along with those stupid **** in the U.S. Court of
Appeal has failed to grasp reality of what is really go on in the world.

Todd Daugherty
Taylorville, Illinois
December 2003

Phil Kane January 19th 05 07:05 PM

On 18 Jan 2005 21:23:35 -0800, wrote:

Depends on the size of the hench one uses....

A size nine hench seems to work best for me in most venues. But a size
twelve hench seems to work better when dealing with twistoids like this
Daugherty thing.

Set at how many figs per newton?

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Todd Daugherty January 19th 05 08:33 PM

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
Todd Daugherty wrote:

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...

So why are you broadcasting on a dead band?

I'm "broadcasting" on a dead band so not to cause harmful

interference.

Aside from hams within about 50 miles of you, who's
gonna be able to hear it? Still say the Internet is
a better tool for this....

Well so could amateur radio.

So could amateur radio what?

All amateurs should move to the internet

Let's get rid of amateur radio all together and
all go to the internet.

Why should we do that?

Because someone said I should have my information bulletin on the web. Since
that's the solution then maybe we should ALL go the web and the FCC auction
off all the spectrum we have.

All the stuff the amateur do can all be done on the
internet.

Really? I don't believe you. Can I work meteor scatter on the
internet?
Can I work 160m DXCC on the internet? Can I use the internet in an
emergency when the phone lines are down?

With the advancement of the internet with BPL and wireless. I'm sure some
moron will come up with a way so the internet will remain on while
phonelines are down. The majority of amateur don't contest.

I sure all the amateur bands could be used for another service.

"I sure" they could be too. Why would they be?

well like I said the solution as one person put it is to put stuff like
information bulletins on the internet.

Think about it if all of the amateurs move to the internet they wouldn't
have to worry about BPL.

"I believe that everythin' should be made legal. Then we woulnd't have
no crime"

--Brother Dave Gardener

Dave K8MN

Todd Daugherty January 19th 05 09:24 PM

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
Todd Daugherty wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
Todd Daugherty wrote:

Content Control
I had recently started broadcasting my N9OGL Show on 28.555 MHz at

9.00
pm
CST. On my first broadcast I talked about content control in the

amateur
radio service. Amateur Radio is on the eve of dying;

You've provided no evidence that amateur radio is dying.

Ham radio in about 10 to 15 years will be dead because technology and

the
free flow of content will surpass amateur radio.

You've still provided no evidence that amateur radio is dying, Todd.

Well Dave where or should I say what do you see amateur's doing in 10 to
15??? Me, I think if ham radio is still around it will be the same old
boring **** that has been going on these last 20 to 25 years. Here's
something to think about why should someone get a ham license when you can
talk all over the world on the internet? Why will amateur radio die? because
technology is passing ham radio up and I know you old ham operator don't
want it hear it. But the reality is ham radio is getting to the point were
it is no longer really needed.

No matter what you might think that's a reality.

It does matter what I think. You've still provided no evidence to
support your claim.

Like I said why should someone spend the time and money to talk to some
moron on the radio when they can do it on the internet??? If you were go on
the streets and ask people what would they do. Get a ham license or get on
the internet the majority would say internet. No matter how easy the FCC
makes the licensing process ham radio will not continue to grow unless
changes are made. Those changes are technology, and content .

Amateurs seem to believe that amateur radio should
be the idle dribble we call amateur radio.

For God's sake, Todd, the word is "drivel" and I don't see your
"broadcast" as being better stuff.

You've never hear my broadcast therefor you can't justify that statement.

For amateur radio to grow
amateurs are going to have to change. Amateur radio has to look at the
future and not the short term future.

So the future is that we should all become micro-broadcasters on dead
bands?

No, and I information bulletins are legal

The reason it's dying
isn't because the lack of amateurs in the service. No the reason

it's
dying
is content control. Amateur radio is dying because amateur's are

under
the
belief that the FCC can control the content of an amateur station.

No one from the FCC has stopped by to tell me that the content of my
amateur radio station is under investigation. Since I've come back to
the U.S., the content of my amateur radio station has been steadily
increasing. Even my XYL has given up on trying to control the

content.

Not yet anyway.....but the FCC has gone after or discourage people for

their
content in the past. ME, K1MAN, the Liberty Net just to name a few.

So, we're not discussing the content of an amateur radio station but of
the content of individuals? What do you, K1MAN and the Liberty Net
contain? Seriously, Todd, I think that if the FCC is going after you,
K1MAN and the Liberty Net, it is doing something right.

Well, like I've stated before perhaps W1AW should be shut down too.

As a
matter of fact Mr. Hollingsworth of the FCC wanted me to let him

know
when I
was going on the air so he QSL me. The QSL he's talking about is in

the
form
of a warning letter, a C&D, NOV, or a NOF. Section 326 of the

Communication
Act of 1934 is a statue that prohibits the FCC from controlling the

content
of ANY radio stations. It also prohibits the FCC from creating rules

and
regulations which would suppress free speech on the radio.

There are any number of things which can "control" your right to free
speech. There are regulatory things, like the fact that amateur radio
isn't a broadcast service and like the fact the Commission has

obscenity
regs. You can't say things which will incite panic. Your civil right
to free speech becomes abridged where it infringes upon the rights of
another. You seemed to have missed those facts.

The FCC of course
under other rules and regulations can regulate obscene and indecent
material. Now there are many out there including the ARRL who

believe
that
this rule doesn't apply to amateur radio.

Let me get this straight--You think that the ARRL believes the FCC has
no power to regulate obscene and indecent speech? You surely can't
believe that.

That was a misprint which I'm planning to fix.

It seems to be a misstatement shrouded in a misprint.

There are many in the ARRL
which believes that Free Speech doesn't apply to amateur radio.

Are you speaking of Directors? staffers? members? Who in the ARRL who
don't believe such?

Phil Kane Dec 22 2004, 12:02 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
From: "Phil Kane" - Find messages by
this author
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:02:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The FCC Break their own rules
original | Report Abuse

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:11:04 -0600, Todd Daugherty wrote:

I hear all this crap about K1MAN violating the FCC rules but the FCC
violates their own rules..

Sec. 326. - Censorship

Nothing in this chapter shall be understood or construed to give the
Commission the power of censorship over the radio communications or signals
transmitted by any radio station, and no regulation or condition shall be
promulgated or fixed by the Commission which shall interfere with the right
of free speech by means of radio communication

(a) it's not an FCC rule and is open to court interpretation.

(b) look up the case law based on that section and see why there is
no "free speech" right in an amateur license.

--
Phil Kane

Nor, the
statue that forbids the FCC from controlling content of ANY radio and
forbids the FCC from making any statue or regulation which supress

speech
apply to amateur radio.

Todd, the word you are searching for is "statute", not "statue". I
don't believe that there is a statute forbidding the FCC to control
obscenity, indecency any other misuse of your amateur radio station.

It of course is not true, this
statue along with all the other sections of the Communication Act

apply
in
one shape or another to amateur radio and the FCC.

Now you're saying that the FCC has oversight for regulating obscenity
and indency propagated BY the FCC? Where does the "statue" come into
play?

No, the point I was trying to make which like I said will be fixed on

the
website. The point I was making is that there are some in the ARRL that
believe that certain statues don't apply to amateur radio but they in
reality they do.

"Statute", Todd and I disagree with you.

The problem is
the ARRL, their members and the FCC which tries to suppress or

control
the
content.

So the ARRL and their running dog members are in collusion with the

FCC
to control content?

Again the there are some in the ARRL that believes that the FCC can

control
the content of amateur radio stations.

I'll assume that you mean the content of transmissions from an amateur
radio station. Those in the ARRL who believe that the FCC can control
the content of transmissions are correct.

So I'm broadcasting in an amateur band at night when it's not in
use. Big fricking deal at lease I using it.

I "using" it too. Truck drivers are sometimes using it too. Did you
realize that broadcasting is prohibited by radio amateurs whether it

is
during the day or during the night. Did you realize that the 10m band
during solar maxima can be open all night to various parts of the
world? Did you know that there are propagation modes in which 10m can
open during the night over a distance even during periods of solar
minima?

First off my "broadcast" are programs directed towards the amateurs

radio
community.

If they're "broadcasts", it doesn't matter.

The problem with information bulletin and broadcasts is the grey line
between them.

10 meters with the solor maxima at it peak around here begins
closing down around 9 to 10 PM.

Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the band is open
round the clock. That really doesn't matter. You can't broadcast any
time.

I mean so what if broadcasting
information to the amateur radio community which may be a small

value to
the
Amateurs.

If broadcasting by radio amateurs is illegal and of small value, why

do
it?

Information bulletin are not illegal.

I didn't write anything about informational bulletins. I wrote
"broadcasting" which is a term you have used.

Any information no matter how
important to one person may be of small or little vaule to another

person.

No kidding!

So what if I'm on there for a hour and half voice my opinion about
problems and issues in amateur radio.

The "so what" has already been addressed. Are you trying to get your
license yanked?

Again information bulletin are not illegal. The problem is the idea that

the
public doesn't listen to amateur radio.

Not much of the public is listening to amateur radio. Almost no one is
listening to 10m when the band is closed.

Not true there are a lot of the public listening to amateur radio, more then
what you think. I picked that band so not to cause harmful interference or
have some licensed CB Operator aka ham operator claiming they were on
frequency and I was causing interference.

So although Information bulletins
are directed towards the amateur radio community the public does listen.

And?

There is a gray line there.

There is?

Very much so.

At lease I have a opinion and I'm not
some drone of the ARRL who believes everything the ARRL says.

I'm a life member of the ARRL and I don't believe in everything done

by
the ARRL. Then again, I don't broadcast my views on the ham bands.

Do
you think the ARRL will do anything differently based upon your

illegal
broadcasts?

Why won't you broadcast your view??

...because I'm not permitted to broadcast. I value my amateur license.

are you for content control??

Yes, most assuredly.

There is
one thing many amateur have to remember...Amateur radio is a hobby.

I think "many amateur" remember that.

Someone
who takes their hobby to serious has no real life.

...and someone who doesn't take his hobby seriously has no real hobby.
Many things have been done in a half-assed manner because the doer's
attitude is, "it's only a hobby".

W1AW is "broadcasting" so if I should stop so should they.

So, you equate the value of what you are doing to what W1AW is doing?

Sure :)

That's the
reason I'm broadcasting to voice my opinion's about issues in

amateur
radio,
to let people hear what I'm thinking instead of that idle dribble we

call
ham radio.

That's the spirit, Todd. Give Mr. Hollingsworth all the ammunition he
needs for yanking that license. Amateur radio needs more guys like

you.
No more "idle dribble"!

And with you and the ARRL by his side Free Speech will be supressed.

Suppressed? I don't think so. Controlled? Yes. What is it that you
don't feel you can do on the air as a ham, Todd? Is it that you can't
use potty language, or that you can't make money or that you can't play
music?

I don't use obscene and indecent material on the air nor do I play music or
make money.

I'm a strong believer in free speech and I believe there are
problems in amateur radio and feel my voice needs to be heard.

So why are you broadcasting on a dead band?

I'm "broadcasting" on a dead band so not to cause harmful interference.

Your pilot light seems a little dim, Todd.

Todd N9OGL

Dave K8MN

Todd Daugherty January 19th 05 09:37 PM

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
ganews.com...
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:38:54 GMT, Dave Heil wrote:

Amateurs seem to believe that amateur radio should
be the idle dribble we call amateur radio.

For God's sake, Todd, the word is "drivel" and I don't see your
"broadcast" as being better stuff.

Now, now, Dave. Todd is self-proclaimed educated and an advisor to
legislators at the seat of government on the laws and future of
"micro- broadcasting". Surely he knows how to dribble the
information out....

No you dumb ass I'm mainly a person from his district who has concerns and
like any other citizen of this country can petition the government. You
shouldn't of sleep through goverment class or you would of learned that.
Secondly, my issues had to due with the licensing process not
micro-broadcasting. I will say this Philly I know a number in the
"micro-broadcasting" movement who would say a lot of the **** that you
posted on this newgroup about the movement is that...****.Oh I'm sorry your
the big man during the Dunifer case but there were other cases and there are
still is cases going on.

Todd N9OGL