Old January 18th 05, 06:58 AM
FTIV

Who cares?

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message
Pecuniary interest
I read a lot of articles about one K1MAN and how many amateur radio
operators feel, including the FCC about Glenn Baxter "broadcast" and how
there's some "Pecuniary interest" in his broadcast; mainly referring to

his
website www.k1man.com. But many don't talk about W1AW and the American

Radio
Relay League (ARRL) and it "Pecuniary interest". Like the fact the ARRL on
their web site not only does it whore itself out to amateur's to join as
members. But, also make amateur pay a HIGH membership fee which continues

increase. But they also on their website offer for sale books and other
stuff. Now many out there would say well that is a non-profit organization
and that money is used to support the ARRL and support amateur radio. No
matter in my humble opinion if it's a non-profit organization or a
for-profit; commerce is commerce. So no matter if it's K1MAN or W1AW
"Pecuniary interest" should apply regardless of who it is. I mean paying

$39
dollars for a "club" or should I say "Inc." is in my humble opinion isn't
worth it. I mean what the hell they have done for me.....NOTHING! The only
place I see that money going is in the pocket of their bosses. So what do
you get for that $39??? A crappy magazine which is bias and half of the
magazine is advertisements and it's only good as toilet paper. Hell, you
would be better off supporting your local ham club which would address
issues that affect you. For $39 dollars I would want something more out of
club that would benefit me and I'm not talking some crappy magazine. Now

I'm
not saying that K1MAN is any better but before these "die hard" ARRL

member
start getting on these newsgroups and message boards look inside yourself
and ask yourself what has the ARRL done for me??? The Amateur have over

the
last 20-25 years lost bands. The league isn't pushing hard enough for
changes regarding BPL or PRB-1. Instead the ARRL would send the paid

lackey
Hollingsworth to suppress free speech on the air. The ARRL is known for
their anti-no-code stand back in 1983. They are known for petitioning the
FCC for some rules change that is stupid. But to me it's the ARRL pushing
onto its members the idea that there is no free speech on the radio and
their "Legal Advisor" and formal FCC henchman Phil Kane gets on these
newsgroups and boards to spread the ARRL propaganda and lies about speech

on
the airways.

Todd N9OGL

Old January 18th 05, 01:32 PM
Charles Brabham

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message
But to me it's the ARRL pushing
onto its members the idea that there is no free speech on the radio and
their "Legal Advisor" and formal FCC henchman Phil Kane gets on these
newsgroups and boards to spread the ARRL propaganda and lies about speech
on
the airways.

Another one for (from?) the funny farm.

Charles, N5PVL

Old January 18th 05, 01:57 PM
Dave Heil

Todd Daugherty wrote:

Pecuniary interest
I read a lot of articles about one K1MAN and how many amateur radio
operators feel, including the FCC about Glenn Baxter "broadcast" and how
there's some "Pecuniary interest" in his broadcast; mainly referring to his
website www.k1man.com. But many don't talk about W1AW and the American Radio
Relay League (ARRL) and it "Pecuniary interest". Like the fact the ARRL on
their web site not only does it whore itself out to amateur's to join as
members. But, also make amateur pay a HIGH membership fee which continues to
[...]

Todd, I can't accept that the lines above are the conclusions that a
rational and thinking man reaches. Either you're as dumb as you come
off or you're ribbing us.

Dave K8MN
Old January 18th 05, 02:55 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Todd Daugherty wrote:

Pecuniary interest
I read a lot of articles about one K1MAN and how many amateur radio
operators feel, including the FCC about Glenn Baxter "broadcast" and how
there's some "Pecuniary interest" in his broadcast; mainly referring to his
website www.k1man.com. But many don't talk about W1AW and the American Radio
Relay League (ARRL) and it "Pecuniary interest". Like the fact the ARRL on
their web site not only does it whore itself out to amateur's to join as
members. But, also make amateur pay a HIGH membership fee which continues to
increase.

Uh, just how does the ARRL *MAKE* anyone pay a high membership fee? If
you feel it is too high, you don't have to join. If you join, it is by
your own choice.

But they also on their website offer for sale books and other
stuff.

Do they advertise their web site on the air as K1MAN does?

Old January 18th 05, 02:56 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Dave Heil wrote:

the airways.

Todd, I can't accept that the lines above are the conclusions that a
rational and thinking man reaches. Either you're as dumb as you come
off or you're ribbing us.

Dave K8MN

I think he is dumb as they come.

Old January 18th 05, 10:55 PM
robert casey

Charles Brabham wrote:

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

But to me it's the ARRL pushing
onto its members the idea that there is no free speech on the radio and
their "Legal Advisor" and formal FCC henchman Phil Kane gets on these
newsgroups and boards to spread the ARRL propaganda and lies about speech
on
the airways.

Another one for (from?) the funny farm.

Not our funny farm!

Charles, N5PVL

Once, when some hams were doing maintenance on a repeater
atop the local hospital, one needed a nature break (trip to the
bathroom). He walks down the emergency stairway to the top
floor of the hospital, which turned out to be the wacko
ward. You can go in, but the door locks are configured to
not let anyone out again....
Old January 19th 05, 12:33 AM
Dee Flint

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
Todd Daugherty wrote:

[...]

How anyone can consider the membership fee "high" is beyond me. Plain old
magazine subscriptions cost as much as the yearly membership fee that the
ARRL charges and that's just for a magazine.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE