Old February 3rd 05, 03:04 AM
Todd Daugherty

Default N9OGL working on a Petition for Rulemaking

Idea's for a Petiton for Rulemaking
Now, I've talked offen both here and in my broadcast about content control.
So I'm looking for input on a Petition of Rulemaking that I working on that
would "fix" the problems. Here's want I looking at:

1. Amend 97.3(a)(10) The definition of Broadcasting. The definition for the
term broadcasting is a gereric definition and sometime could be vague.

2. Amend 97.3(a)(25) The definition of Information Bulletin. This definition
is also vague. Because there are some ham operaors who transmit information
bulletins that is "their opinion" (Some amateurs believe that is illegal and
is a form of broadcasting) while there are other amateur radio operators who
believe information bulletins are "news bulletins". The next would be is the
limitation on the content reasonable that it dosn't violate the First
Amendment and Section 326 of the Communication Act of 1934 as Amended. (47
U.S.C. 326)

3.Amend 97.111(b)(6) The rule dealing with information bulletins. Amending
of this rule is needed to clarify the changes in 97.3(a) (10) and
97.3(a)(25)

So what do you think????

Todd N9OGL

Old February 3rd 05, 10:57 AM
oingoboingo

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

So what do you think????
Todd N9OGL

......we think that one k1man is bad enough thank you very much.

From N9OGL BLOG Todd Daugherty Policy 2 February 1st 05 03:15 AM
looking for a pll board second hand but working david CB 8 October 14th 04 02:36 PM
Wrong Again, Len! (Communicator Power) N2EY Policy 118 March 30th 04 02:27 PM
NCI Petition available on FCC ECFS Carl R. Stevenson Policy 7 September 7th 03 11:27 PM
Some comments on the NCVEC petition D. Stussy Policy 13 August 5th 03 04:23 AM