Old March 4th 05, 04:21 AM
Dee Flint

wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip]

Why? Keeping the closed-out license classes costs them little or
nothing. Tech Plus will disappear in a little more than 5 years, as the
last Tech Plus is renewed as Tech. The other two closed-out classes are
slowly dropping, yet may last a lot longer because of renewals.

Maybe I'll write a proposal...

Please don't! There's too many proposals now!

73 de Jim, N2EY

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old March 1st 05, 08:31 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote in news:1109689325.032940.133970
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

http://www.arrl.org

scroll down about 3 stories

Article sez FCC is working on NPRM that will address all 18 existing
proposals. Expected to become public about the middle of 2005. With the
usual comment period, etc., Report and Order by maybe late 2006/early
2007.

73 de Jim, N2EY

If the ARRL has a proposal, could you post it here for review. I refuse to
visit their site anymore. TNX 73

KB7ADL

Then why do you give a rip about what the proposal says?

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 2nd 05, 06:28 PM
Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in news:3j4Vd.11600
:

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote in news:1109689325.032940.133970
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

http://www.arrl.org

scroll down about 3 stories

Article sez FCC is working on NPRM that will address all 18 existing
proposals. Expected to become public about the middle of 2005. With the
usual comment period, etc., Report and Order by maybe late 2006/early
2007.

73 de Jim, N2EY

If the ARRL has a proposal, could you post it here for review. I refuse

visit their site anymore. TNX 73

KB7ADL

Then why do you give a rip about what the proposal says?

Dan/W4NTI

Me give a rip? More like Amateur radio R.I.P(rest in peace)

You've heard of out-come based education, well the ARRL wants out-come
based licensing. They don't care about about quality anymore, only
quantity. I just want to see they are still continuing their campaign to
destroy the integrity of the service.

KB7ADL
Old March 1st 05, 08:31 PM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.arrl.org

scroll down about 3 stories

Article sez FCC is working on NPRM that will address all 18 existing
proposals. Expected to become public about the middle of 2005. With the
usual comment period, etc., Report and Order by maybe late 2006/early
2007.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Maybe they can include it in a well thought out proposal just like Powel
with his BPL deal.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 2nd 05, 12:06 AM
Lloyd A Davies

Good!

I think they need to just do away with code and ham test altogether!

Too much class warfare being brought about by the extra class
crackheads!

Lloyd Davies, Supreme TimeLORD
Talk Show Host "On the Domestic Front"
Nim Buster of the year - 2004