Old March 10th 05, 06:24 PM
Blue State Liberal

Default Sen. Clinton says FCC needs to go

In her continuing move to the right, U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton today
stated on the floor of the Senate that there is far too much filth and
family unfriendly programming on American TV. A few minutes later,
in what seemed an odd remark to make, Senator Clinton stated were
it her decision, the FCC should have been dismantled and shut down
years ago.

Hillary in 2008 !

Old March 10th 05, 06:56 PM
whoever

Blue State Liberal wrote:

In her continuing move to the right, U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton today
stated on the floor of the Senate that there is far too much filth and
family unfriendly programming on American TV. A few minutes later,
in what seemed an odd remark to make, Senator Clinton stated were
it her decision, the FCC should have been dismantled and shut down
years ago.

Hillary in 2008 !

She has no power so it doesn't matter what she said about the FCC, She
ought to look at bill before talking about filth and family values.
Ken N8CGY

Old March 10th 05, 08:24 PM
K4YZ

whoever wrote:
Blue State Liberal wrote:

In her continuing move to the right, U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton

today
stated on the floor of the Senate that there is far too much filth

and
family unfriendly programming on American TV. A few minutes later,
in what seemed an odd remark to make, Senator Clinton stated were
it her decision, the FCC should have been dismantled and shut down
years ago.

She has no power so it doesn't matter what she said about the FCC,

She
ought to look at bill before talking about filth and family values.
Ken N8CGY

I'd rethink that, Ken.

Hillary has more power than any thieving white woman should be
allowed, but trust me, she's coniving and will have her way.

There are women out there who will vote for Hillary Clinton based
upon no other criteria than she IS a woman.

Forget that her husband was one of the most prolific pathological
liars in the White House in over 200 years and she helped him. (No
wonder folks like Lennie Anderson and Brian Burke don't think twice
about doing it...Clinton set the trend...)

Forget that she still has never satisfactorially answered the
questions about her real estate dealings. Heck no! Martha Stewart
went to jail for 6 months just becasue she acted on a stock tip, yet
Hillary won't pay so mauch as attention.

Forget that Hillary was responsible for STEALING real property
from the White House as she and Billary were on thier way out the door
in 2000. "Oh...that's not ours? Well...I guess we'll put it back..."
Dodged ayet another bullet.

Forget that she facilitated (or at least tolerated) her husband's
philanderings all-the-while promoting herself as the champion of
women's rights and equal opportunity.

As Billary's "Health Care Advocate" in 90's, she didn't do a
single worthy thing. She and Bill brandished a "health care card" at
his first "State of the Union" address, but that was the end of it.
Health care benefits for the uninsured, under-insured, the aged and
catastrophically ill or infirmed are threadbare, to say the least.

But, unfortunatley, people will still vote for her...Again, just
because she wears a skirt.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 11th 05, 04:46 AM
Phil Kane

On 10 Mar 2005 12:24:42 -0800, K4YZ quoted:

A few minutes later,
in what seemed an odd remark to make, Senator Clinton stated were
it her decision, the FCC should have been dismantled and shut down
years ago.

Her husband tried, and almost succeeded, by putting that bozo Reed
Hundt in as chairman. Need I spout off again about the "early field
retirements" of 1995 and the big bloodletting of 1996?

Of course, she was referring to "the other" FCC, the Michael Powell
show. The one that she and all the politicians see and deal with is
not the one that we hams see and deal with. She wouldn't know "ours"
if it came up and zapped her in her .....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Old March 11th 05, 01:07 PM
Sharok Feldstrom

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
ganews.com...
On 10 Mar 2005 12:24:42 -0800, K4YZ quoted:

A few minutes later,
in what seemed an odd remark to make, Senator Clinton stated were
it her decision, the FCC should have been dismantled and shut down
years ago.

Her husband tried, and almost succeeded, by putting that bozo Reed
Hundt in as chairman. Need I spout off again about the "early field
retirements" of 1995 and the big bloodletting of 1996?

Of course, she was referring to "the other" FCC, the Michael Powell
show. The one that she and all the politicians see and deal with is
not the one that we hams see and deal with. She wouldn't know "ours"
if it came up and zapped her in her .....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

I had occasion to meet and chat with Reed Hundt a few times. There
is no doubt in my mind the man did not know his proverbial ass
from a hole in the ground when it came to functioning as head of the
FCC. Incompetent comes to mind, but that is far too polite to describe
the man. However, he was well-connected, which once again proves
it is not what you know but WHO you know (the Clintons).

73,

Sharok

Old March 12th 05, 06:07 PM
King Zulu

"K4YZ" wrote in message
ups.com...
But, unfortunatley, people will still vote for her...Again, just
because she wears a skirt.

Are you sure about that last statement, Steve?

ak

Old March 12th 05, 07:28 PM

K4YZ wrote:
whoever wrote:
Blue State Liberal wrote:

In her continuing move to the right, U.S. Senator Hillary
Clinton today
stated on the floor of the Senate that there is far too
much filth and
family unfriendly programming on American TV.

I am reminded of the classic line from MP:

"I'm tired of all this sex on the television! I keep falling off!"

A few minutes later,
in what seemed an odd remark to make, Senator Clinton
stated were
it her decision, the FCC should have been dismantled and
shut down years ago.

Well, it isn't her decision. The Clinton White House had 8 years
to fix up FCC. They didn't. Shrub isn't doing any better but the
Clintons got nothing to brag about either.

She has no power so it doesn't matter what she said about
the FCC, She
ought to look at bill before talking about filth and family
values.

Kinda surreal, isn't it?

I'd rethink that, Ken.

Hillary has more power than any thieving white woman should be
allowed, but trust me, she's coniving and will have her way.

What did she steal? (Or should I say - what didn't she...)

There are women out there who will vote for Hillary Clinton
based upon no other criteria than she IS a woman.

Of course.

There are also lots of people who will *not* vote for Hillary
Clinton because she is a woman.

There are also lots of people who will *not* vote for Hillary
Clinton because she is a Clinton.

There are also lots of people who will *not* vote for Hillary
Clinton because she is a Democrat.

And there are also lots of people who will *not* vote for Hillary
Clinton because she is not the best choice for the job.

It's clear she has presidential aspirations for 2008. That's
about the best thing that could happen to the Republicans,
because it will almost guarantee them a victory.

Forget that her husband was one of the most prolific pathological
liars in the White House in over 200 years and she helped him.

That's not important, really.

What matters is that, according to her, Bill lied *to her*
repeatedly, yet she kept on believing him when he told new
lies.

Now either she's very gullible, or she is lying to us. Either
way it doesn't say much for her qualifications.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

(No
wonder folks like Lennie Anderson and Brian Burke don't think
twice
about doing it...Clinton set the trend...)

Hmmmm...

Forget that she still has never satisfactorially answered the
questions about her real estate dealings. Heck no!
Martha Stewart
went to jail for 6 months just becasue she acted on a stock
tip, yet
Hillary won't pay so mauch as attention.

It's about getting caught. Martha got caught. Now watch - she
will turn that whole thing to an advantage and will come back
bigger than ever.

Forget that Hillary was responsible for STEALING real property
from the White House as she and Billary were on thier way
out the door
in 2000. "Oh...that's not ours? Well...I guess we'll put it
back..."
Dodged ayet another bullet.

I think you mean "govt. property". REAL property means real estate.

Forget that she facilitated (or at least tolerated) her
husband's
philanderings all-the-while promoting herself as the champion of
women's rights and equal opportunity.

See above about not seeing what was going on.

As Billary's "Health Care Advocate" in 90's, she didn't do a
single worthy thing. She and Bill brandished a "health care
card" at
his first "State of the Union" address, but that was the end of it.
Health care benefits for the uninsured, under-insured, the aged and
catastrophically ill or infirmed are threadbare, to say the
least.

That one sank and never popped up again.

But, unfortunatley, people will still vote for her...Again, just
because she wears a skirt.

I think there are far more who will not vote for her, for the reasons
listed above.

The fact is that in every election there are several groups:

1) Those who will vote Republican no matter what
2) Those who will vote Democrat no matter what
3) Those who won't vote, or will vote for a 3rd party candidate
with absolutely no real chance of winning, no matter what
4) Those who are truly independent, and who may vote Democrat,
Republican, 3rd party, or not at all, depending on a wide variety of
factors, and whose votes really can decide an election.

Successful campaigning is all about identifying the 4th group, and
getting them to vote for your candidate.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old March 13th 05, 05:02 PM
RST Engineering

Amen to that. In what you might call "local" elections (city, county, local
school board, etc.) the conventional wisdom is that 30% of the voters know
you and would vote for you if you were the devil incarnate. 30% of the
voters know you and wouldn't vote for you if you were the second coming of
Christ.

The other 40% haven't a CLUE and vote based on whose name they heard the
most (or the last), whether or not you have a nice smile, or if you go to
their church. THOSE are the ducks that you go hunting.

Jim

Old March 13th 05, 07:07 PM
Founding Fathers

wrote in message
ups.com...

K4YZ wrote:
whoever wrote:
Blue State Liberal wrote:

[...]

Looney Liberal Blue state Democrats SUCK.

(OT) - Panorama - "The Clinton Interview" Broadcast on BBC RHF Shortwave 5 June 25th 04 05:15 AM
Missing Bill Clinton Burr Shortwave 2 January 17th 04 04:34 AM
SURPRISE!! As 2004 Nears, Bush Pins Slump on Clinton Don Souter General 0 July 3rd 03 02:14 PM
SURPRISE!! As 2004 Nears, Bush Pins Slump on Clinton Don Souter Scanner 0 July 3rd 03 02:14 PM