Old March 23rd 05, 12:57 PM
K4YZ

Default N9OGL to bust 2 Meter band Plan With "Information Bulletin" Broadcasts

From Todd's "blog"....

QUOTE:

Tuesday, March 22, 2005
UPDATE: 2 METERS INFORMATION BULLETIN
N9OGL is planning this summer to run his information bulletin / amateur
related programs on 2 meters. It will begin in June on 145.570 MHz
between 5.00pm to midnight.

UNQUOTE

Someone needs to teach this idiot about the 2 meter band plans.

144.0-144.05 EME CW
144.05-144.10 CW and weak signal
144.10-144.20 EME and weak signal SSB
144.200 National calling frequency
144.20-144.275 SSB
144.275-144.30 Beacons
144.3-144.5 New OSCAR subband
144.5-144.6 Linear translator inputs 144.6-144.9 FM repeater inputs
144.9-145.10 Weak signal and FM simplex
145.01,03,05,07,09 widely used for packet
145.1-145.2 Linear translator outputs
145.2-145.5 FM repeater outputs

145.5-145.8 Misc. and experimental modes

Why are you going to use 145.57 for "Information Bulletins" in a
part of the spectrum used for experimenting and other non-traditional
modes and techniques, Todd...?!?! Yes, you can "rationalize" that
"miscellaneous" means you, but why put your sin=mplex 2 meter FM voice
signal where people will not be typically looking for one?

Also, the International Space Station has been operating varying
spaceborne repeater activities in this region...Just think of how many
people you'll REALLY PO if they get jammed by your "broadcasts" on one
of the few clear passes the station makes over thier location.

They'll be talking about N9OGL then, I can assure you.

145.8-146.0 OSCAR subband
146.01-146.37 Repeater inputs
146.4-146.58 Simplex
146.61-147.390 Repeater outputs
147.42-147.57 Simplex
147.60-147.99 Repeater inputs

147.555MHZ is the frequency traditionally used for local
information broadcasts, Todd. No, there's no "regulation" demanding
it's use for this purpose, but it's far more likely you wouldn't
interfere with anyone this way and we'd be less prone to laugh at you
as hard as we're doing.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 24th 05, 05:39 AM
N9OGL

OHHHHHHHHH poor Stevey he won't be able to listen to my information
bulletins on 2 meters booo hooo

Old March 24th 05, 05:47 AM
K4YZ

N9OGL wrote (without attributes again):
OHHHHHHHHH poor Stevey he won't be able to listen to my information
bulletins on 2 meters booo hooo

I have no use for them, Todd, on 2 meters or otherwise.

Not only are you violating the "no broadcasting" rule of Part 97,
it's now apparent that you have no repsect for established Band Plans.
I cited the exact current plan for the 2 meter plan and this was your
"response".

I think that pretty much sums up what Amateur Radio can expect
from you.

And the reaction you are getting FROM Amateur Radio is pretty much
a result of your lack of respect for the program, Todd.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 24th 05, 06:01 AM
N9OGL

I will point out that that is the ARRL National Band Plan....Band plans
do vary from state to state.....but I'm sure your aware of that.

Old March 24th 05, 06:06 AM
K4YZ

N9OGL wrote (again violating nettiquette by ignoring attributes):
I will point out that that is the ARRL National Band Plan....Band

plans
do vary from state to state.....but I'm sure your aware of that.

OK, Todd...enlighten us with the Illinois 2 meter Band Plan.

Please provide us with the URL to the agency coordinating V/UHF
allocations in Illinois.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 24th 05, 06:19 AM
N9OGL

I really know what Illinois Bandplan is.....but I do know it vary from
state to state.....because I believe Califorina does not recognize the
"experimental part" of the 2 meter ham band.

Old March 24th 05, 06:36 AM
K4YZ

N9OGL wrote (more failure to observe nettiquette noted):
I really know what Illinois Bandplan is.....but I do know it vary

from
state to state.....because I believe Califorina does not recognize

the
"experimental part" of the 2 meter ham band.

Did you mean "I know what the Illinois Bandplan is"..?!?!

Or did you mean "I really don't know what the bandplan is"..?!?!

And you're not IN California, now are you? (Although I quite
readily accept that you're "...in a different state...of mind...")

So...busted AGAIN on yet another bit of INFORMATION that you have
absolutely NO IDEA about but were quite willing to ACT like you did.

Idiot.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 24th 05, 06:42 AM
N9OGL

well I do know here in Illinois that they allow voice repeaters on the
Amateur Television frequencies on 440. I also know that here in
Illinois 145.5 to 145.8 is used here in Illinois for everything from
wireless Amateur radio LAN to echolink. if anything I run my
information bulletin on 146.835 Mhz hehehe

Old March 24th 05, 07:13 AM
K4YZ

N9OGL wrote:
well I do know here in Illinois that they allow voice repeaters on

the
Amateur Television frequencies on 440.

But that's not what we're talking about.

The thread says "N9OGL to bust 2 meter band plan..."

I also know that here in
Illinois 145.5 to 145.8 is used here in Illinois for everything from
wireless Amateur radio LAN to echolink.

So you were ready to knowingly start using a relatively wideband
mode in a part of the spectrum where low power data is being used...

if anything I run my
information bulletin on 146.835 Mhz hehehe

At least you'd be on a repeater OUTPUT, and hence operating on a
frequency planned for simplex and repeater outputs...THEN all you have
to "worry" about will be causing interference to coordinated repeaters
on 146.82 and .85.

So what's your problem with picking an unused simplex frequency
between 146.40-146.595 and 147.405 to 147.585 where simplex is supposed
to be?

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 24th 05, 07:29 AM
N9OGL

K4YZ wrote:
N9OGL wrote:
[...]

my signal isn't that wide

So what's your problem with picking an unused simplex frequency
between 146.40-146.595 and 147.405 to 147.585 where simplex is

supposed
to be?

i'll probably stick with 146.835 - 600 Khz

Todd n9ogl
Steve, K4YZ