Old March 27th 05, 08:01 PM
Rabbi Phil

Default Simplex calling frequencies

Poor Hans, so typical of today's ham radio ops, stuck in the archaic world
of 52 simplex, while the rest of the world is using Advanced Mobile
Technology.

"Why aren't young people interested in ham radio"? duhhhhhhhhhhh, lets
demonstrate 52 simplex for them, maybe that'll get the kids interested.

73,

Rabbi Phil

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...
K0CKB and I just returned from an 8-week RV vacation. During the 8,500
mile trip we continuously monitored 146.52, and had our calls and the
statement "Monitoring 146.52" prominently visible on the rear of our
coach. Most of our travel was on busy Interstate highways, and in/near
populous areas including Minneapolis, DesMoines, Kansas City, Topeka,
Wichita, OKC, DFW, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Brownsville,
ElPaso, Las Cruces, Globe, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tucson, Las Vegas, and
points between.

Not once were we called on 146.52.

At every population center we announced "K0HB (or K0CKB) monitoring Five
Two", often more than once.. On only one occasion (thanks WK5C) did we
receive a reply.

Is .52 broken?

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old March 28th 05, 03:17 AM
Rabbi Phil

"KØHB" failing to comprehend standard English,
Hans wrote the following message and sent it on 52 simplex:

Hi Phil,

That's certainly a topic worthy of discussion.

You could start a thread if you liked, but my question is related to
simplex calling frequencies, not why Johnnie didn't pass the amateur exam.

72.5, de Hans, K0HB

Old March 28th 05, 12:46 PM
Mr. Obvious

One wonders why you are wasting your time on a ham-related newsgroup if
you feel such contempt for the service. Are you even licensed?

Simplex calling frequencies KØHB General 28 April 6th 05 04:45 AM
CW Testing Question Mike Coslo Policy 52 May 29th 04 09:24 AM
calling frequencies clark neider Dx 2 August 4th 03 11:27 PM
calling frequencies clark neider Dx 0 August 4th 03 07:53 PM