Old April 13th 05, 06:52 AM
NASA

Default 5 upcoming ISS school contacts

5 upcoming ISS school contacts

Hi all

The following shows upcoming contacts between the ISS and schools:

4/13/2005 - At 15:46UTC. Maple Ave. School in New Hampshire USA.
This is
a direct contact. If I get the audio from them via the Internet, I'll
feed
it into the EchoLink AMSAT and EDU_NET servers.

4/15/2005 - At 08:57UTC. Schulhaus Feld 1 (school) in Switzerland.
This
is a direct contact. I plan on feeding it into the EchoLink AMSAT and
EDU_NET servers, if I can get the audio through the Internet.

4/15/2005 - At 18:07UTC. Ft. Ross California USA. This is a direct
contact. But, I should get this audio via the phone line and plan on
feeding it into the EchoLink AMSAT and EDU_NET servers.

4/18/2005 - At 08:41UTC. Marconi Institute in Italy. This is a
direct
contact. I plan on feeding it into the EchoLink AMSAT and EDU_NET
servers,
if I can get the audio through the Internet.

4/20/2005 - At 12:32UTC. ESRIN (don't remember what it stands for) in

Italy. This is a direct contact. I plan on feeding it into the
EchoLink
AMSAT and EDU_NET servers, if I can get the audio through the
Internet.

During our audio feed into EchoLink this past Friday, a problem
developed. The audio stopped getting into the AMSAT server, or the
AMSAT
server did not continue processing it. We have not been able to
determine
the point of failure at this time.

For the next contact, I plan on feeding the audio into the Edu_Net
server
instead of the AMSAT server, but still connect these two servers
together. Please help to keep everyone quiet during the ISS - School
transmissions, since I can not mute anyone in the EDU_NET server. It
will
be interesting to see if it works better that way. Sorry for the lost

audio on Friday.

I hope to see as many of you connected as feasible during future
contacts.

73 de Dieter kx4y

Dieter K. Schliemann, kx4y, AMSAT life member LM-1265
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARISS Coordinator for audio feeds into EchoLink

1803 Roseberry Drive, Scottsboro, AL 35769-3960, USA
Home Phone - (256) 259-3900
Cell Phone - (256) 599-0581
IRLP node 4713, EchoLink node 47135
Skype user ID: zs6bbh