Old April 21st 05, 03:27 AM
Mike Coslo

Default Morse gone by the beginning of last year? Yes!

Barry OGrady wrote:

I have the equivalent of a full call without doing any morse.

Congratulations! You must be proud! Wouldn't it be better to have the
equivalent of a full call without having to do anything?

- Mike KB3EIA
Old April 21st 05, 04:46 AM
robert casey

Barry OGrady wrote:

I have the equivalent of a full call without doing any morse.

What's a "full call"? A 2x3? That's what no code techs
get in districts where all the 1x3's have run out.

So, is a 1x2 or 2x1 not a "full call"?

I kept my old 2x3 when I upgraded to extra.
Old April 21st 05, 11:01 AM

robert casey wrote:
Barry OGrady wrote:

I have the equivalent of a full call without doing any morse.

What's a "full call"? A 2x3?

No.

Barry's in Australia.

He means he's got a full-privileges license without
passing a code test.

That's what no code techs
get in districts where all the 1x3's have run out.

Actually FCC has the policy of going through the sequence once and then
on to the next. When they reached N3ZZZ, they went on to 2x3 calls even
though there were unassigned N3xxx calls available from hams who'd
dropped out or changed their calls.

So, is a 1x2 or 2x1 not a "full call"?

I kept my old 2x3 when I upgraded to extra.

I had a 2x3 for seven years as an Extra.

73 de Jim, N2EY