Old June 9th 05, 08:31 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

John Smith wrote:
Cmd Buzz Corey:

I think they had it right when I entered this discussion--my advice to
you, "stop corn holing young boys--get a pilots license so you can
redeem yourself" grin

You and wogie seem to be fasinicated by this young boy thing. Wonder
just who is doing the cornholing?
Old June 9th 05, 10:13 PM

rom: K4YZ MrWarmth@StreetPunksRus on Jun 9, 2:07 am

John Smith wrote:
"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
Haynie mentioned you in no 1), someone who won't admit they are
killing the hobby... you aren't anything but a self-centered jerk
with a big ego and self-opinion,

And you aren't anything but a know-nothing cber who couldn't pass the
exam for a ham license if your miserable life depended upon it.

You are a silly old man, I am indeed licensed...

Not likely.

Ah, but "Cmd Buzz Corey" is a "real person?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

but that should make little difference...(SNIP)

It makes a LOT of difference.

Not really. :-)

It establishes from what point of reference that you make your
assertions. It's called an "informed opinion".

Tsk. Stebie is "informed?" Who informed on Stebie?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Lennie is an example of a lot of fluff without experience. He
"knows" a lot from what he cuts and pastes...no more...no less...

Tsk, tsk. "Informed" Stebie make like Big Shot again.

Worse, he spell "shot" with an O instead of an I.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Stebie, unable to read books? Unable to attend school
and learn something? Stebie born with knowledge of ham?
Stebie flunk out of correspondence school? Tsk, tsk.

So far you've offered nothing but hit and run, anonymous quips with
little or no substantiation of your "opinions".

Tsk, tsk. "Cmd Buzz Corey" true person-identity? No?

Is okay. Stebie think "Cmd Buzz Corey" okay, "Corey" think
same as Stebie, very "informed."

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

(UNSNIP)...you are a crafty old buzzard always anxious to
side track facts into a gutter of personal attacks and rants on someones
present status...(SNIP)

And so far you've done/said nothing except to make your OWN "gutter
of personal attacks". So what's the difference?

OOOOOOOOO!!!! "Snippy" Stebie come to "defense" of anony-mouse
"Corey"! Big FIGHT begin. Mighty warrior Stebie FIGHT for
"informed truth," justice, and the murine corpse way!

(UNSNIP)....--too me--you just look like a damn street smart punk
which knows a few tricks--and dirty underhanded ones at that...

Lessee...You're anonymous...apparently unlicensed...not a bit of
substantiation of ANY assertion...

Ooooooo!!!!! More FIGHT by mighty warrior Stebie!!

All gather 'round. Last Action Hero show how to FIGHT!

"Cmd Buzz Corey" get whupped, Stebie da Wundermarine to the
rescue! FIGHT! FIGHT! Fight for right of anony-mouse on
side of Stebie! Hypocrisy united!!

Yep..."damn street punk" WITHOUT the "smarts"...

Stebie wanna have FIGHT in parking lot? FIGHT over parking
place? FIGHT over speed bumps?

Snarl, Stebie, snarl. You mighty. You mighty Joe Young, big
ape. Pound chest, roar. Demonstrate MIGHT of modern ham
radio operator! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!!

Stebie HERO. Pin medal on Stebie. Courage under fire in
self-ignited FLAME WAR started by anony-mouse arsonist!

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pbthththththth

Old June 9th 05, 10:59 PM
John Smith

.... seeing how changing from windows 2000 to xp has all the complexity
of changing the bathroom rug from a blue one to a green one... that is
un-helpful...

Regards,
John

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
bb wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Yes.

Well, you cannot disguise the fact that the over 60 crowd just don't
have the energy or enthusiasm as the teenage to 30 crowd--or the fact
that these younger people are actively engaged in the research,
development and production phases of electronics. Why they may
effectively hang on limiting the hobby--this cannot not go on
indefinitely...

John, there is hope. I took a look at the actuarial tables shortly
after joining this newsgripe, and it look like they are working in
our
favor. We can help it work by not turning into the very type of
amateur that the tables are currently removing from hamdom.

I've chatted with a 96 y.o. Ham on PSK31 who certainly doesn't fit
that "Evil olde Hamme" description. He'd just gotten a new laptop,
converting to XP from Win2k. A fine gentleman, and not afraid of
learning and doing new things. It's not all bleak.

Let us hope he continues to beat those tables.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old June 9th 05, 11:07 PM
John Smith

N2EY:

Granted, things are EXAGGERATED in my text... it is done to emphasize
the point...

We seem at this point of where you, "have to hit them over the head with
a 2x4 just to get their attention."

If they are shocked, angry and ready to have a go at me--so much the
better...

I am not really a "heartless old *******", although I play the part
well... grin

.... we need to give these young guys a break... frankly, you guys may
have all been different than me with my first novice ticket--however, I
know a was a young-dumb-smart-ass... now it is my turn to pay back what
those guys who put up with me back then went though--and it would help
if we all chipped in here a bit...

Not all hams are evil--in fact, I really have NEVER met a truly evil
one--so you won't get me to argue that--but some have their actions,
motivations and goals a bit misplaced...

.... "old buzzards" may have been a bit over-stated on my part... grin

.... long as we can all talk and "get real" we can work something out--I
am sure...

Warmest regards,
John
wrote in message
oups.com...
John Smith wrote:
You just dismissed the fact that Haynie is seeing a real
problem here,
he is beginning to tell hams to stop acting like such
immature jerks

Folks like W5JBP have been saying that for a long time.

They're right, of course.

and get with the program

Which "program", though?

--you take these words are turn them into him giving
you an "Atta Boy!"

Not me.

If you are fool enough to believe that you will have to...
such denial,
avoidance and BS has stagnated us to the point where all there are,
are
a bunch of guys out there too old to be of interest to QSO
with- -the
young guys know that and you can tell them different till the
cows come home--it will not change one thing...

There's a lot more than "a bunch of guys too old to be of
interest" - but you have to go where they are.

I am 52 and most are too old for me... long winded rants about
yesteryear and such is a real turn off to this guy...

I am 51, been a ham more than 37 years. In all that time, there
have always been the "old buzzards" doing what you describe.
There have also always been folks who are a lot different,
regardless of age.

I cringe when I
see the expressions on the young mens face who hear it on my
demos of radio...

And how do you do these demos? You show them voice operating,
right? 75, 20, 2 meters?

Try expanding the horizons to other modes, like PSK31, Pactor, and
(gasp) Morse Code. Different worlds, different people.

You sit there thinking all is well--I can tell you are
past anything but
an argument for maintaining status quo...
You really mean to tell me you feel the bands out there
are "congested?"

Depends what bands, modes and when.

Old June 9th 05, 11:09 PM
John Smith

Kelly:

You don't see a problem, you are unaware that a problem exists and/or
are in denial... for you, we will come back again next year and look at
the license figures again--you simply need more proof and a year should
in time should provide it... when we reach a point where you finally
admit there is a problem--we will be able to move forward from there...

Warmest regards,
John

wrote in message
ups.com...

John Smith wrote:

You just dismissed the fact that Haynie is seeing a real problem
here,

Bull****, he cited several completely separate problems and I already
stated that I more or less agree with him on all counts.

he is beginning to tell hams to stop acting like such immature jerks
and
get with the program--you take these words are turn them into him
giving
you an "Atta Boy!"

"Atta Boy" for WHAT??

If you are fool enough to believe that you will have to... such
denial,
avoidance and BS has stagnated us to the point where all there are,
are
a bunch of guys out there too old to be of interest to QSO with--the
young guys know that and you can tell them different till the cows
come
home--it will not change one thing...

What do you suggest? That the seniors quit ham radio?

I am 52 and most are too old for me...

. . that's obvious but not for the reasons you think it is . .

long winded rants about
yesteryear and such is a real turn off to this guy...

Too damned bad about that, they have the licenses and they're allowed
to chit chat about history if that's their interest. If you don't like
it fine, twist the big knob on the front of your radio and go
somewhere
else which is what I do.

I cringe when I
see the expressions on the young mens face who hear it on my demos of
radio...

Yeah yeah, the kids I hung out with on the corner a half century ago
didn't think much of ham radio either.

You sit there thinking all is well--I can tell you are past anything
but
an argument for maintaining status quo...
You really mean to tell me you feel the bands out there are
"congested?"

Where the hell have I used the term "congestion" anywhere ?!

Tell someone without a radio--they just might believe you...
We both hear Haynies words you think he is saying, "Good Job Guys!"
challenge that all right, I hear him saying, "Get with it old
fools!!!"

You're simply an irrational/incoherent waste of bandwidth and time.
'Bye.

John

w3rv

Old June 9th 05, 11:11 PM
John Smith

Cmd Buzz Corey:

I think they had it right when I entered this discussion--my advice to
you, "stop corn holing young boys--get a pilots license so you can
redeem yourself" grin

John

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message

What do you suggest? That the seniors quit ham radio?

Smitty thinks all hams should be like him. Boy, talk about the death
of ham radio, that would do it.

Old June 9th 05, 11:23 PM
John Smith

K4YZ:

No. We are Americans first, fathers, good members of communities, etc...
about a hundred really important things--before we need ever list the
fact we are a ham...

I don't need "ham worship" and the guys who are drifting around after it
make me puke... that is just how it is with me...

I hang my master and Phd on the wall because those really did take hard
work and are truly a demonstration of proving myself a scholar... my ham
license hangs at the station because it is required by law!!!

I will give you a thousand reasons I am a worthwhile human being before
I ever get to the fact I am a viet vet and ham... those two things I
did for my own reasons... not really to serve any one else more than to
serve myself...

Even at 52 I come from an age when men were really men--it meant
something then to be a man, to protect the innocent, the weak, the
women, the children, American pie...

Today, I watch bellyachers lobby for more difficult barriers to be
placed in front of some--hell, I fought to make America the land of milk
and honey--and it is far different today than I would have it...

I can do one thing, and that is to "hand down" and pull up the ones who
will, all too soon, take my place--stand my responsibilities and hold
the reins...

One thing I wish to avoid until the day I die is becoming a bitter old
man decrying what a waste the youth are in this world--how deserving I
am--and how deserving all others--if you have not understood from my
words up to and at this point let me spell it out for you--SUCH "MEN"
make me sick and afraid it has all been for naught!

Warmest regards,
John

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

John Smith wrote:
Haynie mentioned you in no 1), someone who won't admit they are
killing the hobby... you aren't anything but a self-centered jerk
with a big ego and self-opinion,

And you aren't anything but a know-nothing cber who couldn't pass
the
exam for a ham license if your miserable life depended upon it.

You are a silly old man, I am indeed licensed...

Not likely.

but that should make little difference...(SNIP)

It makes a LOT of difference.

It establishes from what point of reference that you make your
assertions. It's called an "informed opinion".

Lennie is an example of a lot of fluff without experience. He
"knows" a lot from what he cuts and pastes...no more...no less...

Just like you so far.

(UNSNIP...that argument is not what I am, but what the hobby
is and where it is going...(SNIP)

And you know this?

So far you've offered nothing but hit and run, anonymous quips with
little or no substantiation of your "opinions".

(UNSNIP)...you are a crafty old buzzard always anxious to
side track facts into a gutter of personal attacks and rants on
someones
present status...(SNIP)

And so far you've done/said nothing except to make your OWN "gutter
of personal attacks". So what's the difference?

(UNSNIP)....--too me--you just look like a damn street smart punk
which knows a few tricks--and dirty underhanded ones at that...

Lessee...You're anonymous...apparently unlicensed...not a bit of
substantiation of ANY assertion...

Yep..."damn street punk" WITHOUT the "smarts"...

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 9th 05, 11:26 PM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
John Smith wrote:

You just dismissed the fact that Haynie is seeing a real problem here,
he is beginning to tell hams to stop acting like such immature jerks and
get with the program--

Has he been reading old copies of Wayne Green's editorials in "73
Magazine?"

you take these words are turn them into him giving
you an "Atta Boy!"

I am wondering who he's allegedly talking to, then.

Allegedly?

He's talking to you. He's talking to all of us.

Didn't you follow the link to the ARRL site?

Those problems don't seem to be manifest here.

Hi!

Old June 9th 05, 11:28 PM
John Smith

.... you know, like a silly old fart, I was too long winded in that last
piece... let me have a chance to say it better, to say it right!

NO ONE OWES ME A DAMN THING--IT HAS BEEN MY DAMN PLEASURE TO HAVE BEEN
GRANTED THE ABILITY TO SERVE THIS COUNTRY AND MY FELLOW CITIZENS--WITH
OUT SUCH I WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING...

.... and it only hurts when I see gay faggots yelling in the streets for
their "rights", and REAL men remaining silent...

Warmest regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

"K4YZ" wrote in message