Old June 11th 05, 10:22 PM

K=D8HB wrote:
"bb" wrote

Your strangle hold on the amateur service may not
end until the actuarial tables kick in, but they will end.

Jim has a "strangle hold" on ham radio?

That claim is incorrect.

Gee, I didn't know!

Me neither.

Hey, Jim --- loosen up and let me breathe!

;-)

It seems very odd that I'd be accused of having a stranglehold
in a thread where all I did was post people's opinions about
when FCC would drop Element 1.

If it were up to me, all amateur radio licenses would require
at least a 5 wpm code test. And they'd all have better (not
harder) written tests too.

But it's not up to me.

So I'll continue to give FCC my thoughts, ideas and opinions
on the issues, and my reasons behind them. Maybe FCC will
agree, maybe not. Hardly a "stranglehold". Just democracy
in action.=20

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old June 12th 05, 02:44 PM
bb

K=D8HB wrote:
"bb" wrote

Your strangle hold on the amateur service may not
end until the actuarial tables kick in, but they will end.

Jim has a "strangle hold" on ham radio?

That claim is incorrect.

Probably. And you've probably never hammered a rivet into place,
either.

Gee, I didn't know!

Me neither.

Hey, Jim --- loosen up and let me breathe!

;-)

It seems very odd that I'd be accused of having a stranglehold
in a thread where all I did was post people's opinions about
when FCC would drop Element 1.

I've learned that people's opinions are now assertions of fact. As
assertions of fact, they are either right or wrong, truthful or
intentionally decitful (lies). At the end of the day, you either had a
right opinion, or you lied. You have Robeson to thank for that.

So, did you have a right opinion about the elimination of El. 1? Or
was it the latter?

If it were up to me, all amateur radio licenses would require
at least a 5 wpm code test. And they'd all have better (not
harder) written tests too.

I'm going to recommend 60wpm for the Extra exam, everyone retests, no
waivers.

But it's not up to me.

It's up to some of your PCTA Cronies employed by the FCC.

So I'll continue to give FCC my thoughts, ideas and opinions
on the issues, and my reasons behind them. Maybe FCC will
agree, maybe not. Hardly a "stranglehold". Just democracy
in action.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I hope you're prepping for that 60wpm exam. You could start by not
wasting your time here.

Old June 11th 05, 09:11 PM
bb

John Smith wrote:
... the writing is on the wall, the figures are good enough for a
mathematician to hold as truth, the president of ARRL and FCC knows
it... still, denial is a powerful thing...

John

I never once considered the actuarial tables as something to look
forward to, but the ARS has changed all that for me. Now the actuarial
tables are to be celebrated. Change will come to the ARS, eventually.

Old June 11th 05, 09:21 PM

Here's an update on the "when will FCC drop Element 1?" pool.

Note how almost everyone's date, including mine, has already
passed:

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004 (first prediction)
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N4PGW: May 22, 2005
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
N3KIP: December 31, 2005 (second prediction)
AB2RC: July 1, 2007
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007
W5TIT: June 1, 2008

Anybody want to add a prediction? If so, the "rolling rule"
(thanks Dee, N8UZE) applies:

If your prediction on this list is a year or more in the past, you can
add a new one.

At this point everyone before N3KIP can add a new prediction.

All predictions stay on the list.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old June 14th 05, 12:50 AM

Here's an update on the "when will FCC drop Element 1?" pool.

Note how almost everyone's date, including mine, has already
passed:

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004 (first prediction)
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004 (first prediction)
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N4PGW: May 22, 2005
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
N3KIP: December 31, 2005 (second prediction)
K2UNK: July 1, 2006 (second prediction)

Old June 24th 05, 12:29 AM

Here's an update on the "when will FCC drop Element 1?" pool.

Note how almost everyone's date, including mine, has already
passed:

WA2SI: September 13, 2003 (first prediction)
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004 (first prediction)
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004 (first prediction)
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N4PGW: May 22, 2005
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
N3KIP: December 31, 2005 (second prediction)
K2UNK: July 1, 2006 (second prediction)
AB2RC: July 1, 2007
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007
W5TIT: June 1, 2008
WA2SI: Complete elimination not within the foreseeable future (second
prediction)

Anybody want to add a prediction? If so, the "rolling rule"
(thanks Dee, N8UZE) applies:

If your prediction on this list is a year or more in the past, you can
add a new one.

At this point everyone before and including N4PGW can add a new

Old June 11th 05, 10:45 PM
John Smith

Frankly, I wonder of the sanity of the manufacturers of ham equip...

If they are interesting in selling radios, making a profit in the
American tradition, etc... seems they would be taking their dollars and
lobbying congress...

John

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

At this point N3KIP and everyone before him can add a new prediction.

Old June 11th 05, 10:47 PM
John Smith

interesting = interested even...

I give up, the typos just spring forth from my fingers... frown

John

"John Smith" wrote in message
Frankly, I wonder of the sanity of the manufacturers of ham equip...

If they are interesting in selling radios, making a profit in the
American tradition, etc... seems they would be taking their dollars
and lobbying congress...

John

ups.com...

The Pool N2EY Policy 515 February 22nd 04 03:14 AM
From the Extra question pool: The dipole David Robbins General 1 January 23rd 04 05:32 PM
REQ:latest Ham University with curent tech pool willing to share?/sell cheep Equipment 0 November 27th 03 07:15 AM