Old July 1st 05, 05:44 PM
KØHB

Default Best Behaved = Largest Band Allocation

A very experienced Amateur on this forum has suggested that the amount of
bandwidth available to a particular mode might be linked to how well users of
that mode behave on the air. He may well have hit on a new regulatory tool
which would reward good behaviour with greater spectrum availability.

With this in mind, please rank the following alphabetical list of popular modes
in order of their good behaviour (least citations/letters from K4ZDH, least
interference you've experienced from this mode, etc.)

AM
AMTOR
AX.25
CW
PACTOR
PSK-xx
RTTY (5-bit baudot)
RTTY (7-bit ASCII)
SSB
SSTV

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Come sit by the fire and warm your bones. Let's enjoy a bracing drink and a few
tales.

"The wind was picking up, clouds were rolling in, the fish had quit biting, my
hands were numb, nose was running, I had to pee, and I was thinking of heading
for the dock when..."