Old July 17th 05, 04:32 AM

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:07:45 -0400, "Bonobo Roger"
wrote:

If your thinking of buying an HP computer product....DON'T !

HP has gone to India for all it's telephone Customer
Support and they all speak bad English and you can't
understand a word they are saying.

Buy an HP....
Have a problem...
Call up their Tech Support hotline....
You'll get "Pasheesh-from-Punjab" who talks like
he's got a mouthfull of marbles and can't understand
a word your saying because he'e been trained to
read from a script like a trained spider monkey....

(HINT: You'd be better off calling Habib at the local Dunkin-Dounutz for
tech support..)

--- F*CK Hewlett-Packard!! (another formerly great USA company that's
now frigged it's historic reputation for great customer service by
going to half-ass
overseas tech support in )

Buy someone else's product instead and tell HP (..and Aglient Technologies
too!)
to go do somehing with themselves and their crap products and support.

Signed: a former HP Business/Commercial customer.

I've had recent tech support for two HP computers I own. Both
the US and the Indian support men and women were of very high caliber.

Old July 24th 05, 10:21 PM
Frances Mullane

It is true that almost everyone outsources. Intuit also does. I have had
very good support people from India with impeccable English and good skills
and I have also had horrid ones who could not understand or speak English
and did not know what they were doing.

I was told by one TS guy from India... one for Intuit that they are really
trained and it is a lengthly process etc. etc. He was excellent. So I
think each company decides how much to invest in this outsourced TS. Even
if they don't outsource... if they don't train then it is garbage... It is
the company's ethics rather than merely outsourcing per se.

Old August 4th 05, 02:34 PM
SteveJ

Dell does the same thing, not just HP

"Frances Mullane" wrote in message
.. .
It is true that almost everyone outsources. Intuit also does. I have had
very good support people from India with impeccable English and good
skills and I have also had horrid ones who could not understand or speak
English and did not know what they were doing.

I was told by one TS guy from India... one for Intuit that they are really
trained and it is a lengthly process etc. etc. He was excellent. So I
think each company decides how much to invest in this outsourced TS. Even
if they don't outsource... if they don't train then it is garbage... It is
the company's ethics rather than merely outsourcing per se.

HP Tech Support now gone overseas (ot) Bonobo Roger General 11 August 4th 05 02:34 PM
Why did the FCC merge the Tech and Tech Plus classes in 2000? Jason Hsu Policy 1 January 27th 04 07:13 PM
Base Closures N8KDV Shortwave 10 January 20th 04 01:39 AM
Icom tech support Clif Holland Equipment 8 September 12th 03 02:30 PM
Icom tech support Bob Miller Equipment 0 September 11th 03 04:11 AM