Old July 22nd 05, 09:43 PM
Bruce

Default Im so Glad I dropped ARRL, now maybe the

Knuckle Dragging CBplussers can support the thing.

Old July 22nd 05, 09:48 PM
John Smith

The old tech who coached me into amateur radio insisted I support
ARRL...

Soon as he wasn't looking, I ditched it, that was back in the early
70's!

ARRL has never been a voice for amateurs, just a business for a
handful of old farts and their buddies and a strange religious cult
which ministered to the needs of misfits and eccentrics...

John

Old July 22nd 05, 10:06 PM
John Smith

oh yeah, I forgot...

They do run a rest home for old timers who have become brain damaged
from exposure to high power RF fields!

As a matter of fact, I think they are an equal opportunity employer
(they hire the disabled), and their employee base comes from there!

ROFLOL!!!

John

Old July 22nd 05, 10:28 PM
Bruce

"John Smith" wrote in message
As a matter of fact, I think they are an equal opportunity employer (they
hire the disabled), and their employee base comes from there!

That's a given, a prime example is ED. Let see
what there track record is now. Zero on BPL, Zero on restructuring, Zero on
gaining New Members. sounds like a GREAT PLACE to be from or not associated
with at all. Can anyone say ARRL ineffective?

Old July 23rd 05, 03:12 AM
garigue

"John Smith" wrote in message
oh yeah, I forgot...

They do run a rest home for old timers who have become brain damaged
from exposure to high power RF fields!

As a matter of fact, I think they are an equal opportunity employer
(they hire the disabled), and their employee base comes from there!

ROFLOL!!!

John

John if that inane statement of yours causes you to ROFLOL ......then I
would have to ask what your RF exposure has been of late .......

Also I hope you never become disabled .......and above that ..... need a job

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

Old July 23rd 05, 03:24 AM
John Smith

Tom and/or garigue:

How do you know I am not one of those "brain damaged" hams? Made so
from running illegal-multiple-kilowatts off my bedsprings (and
experiencing a HIGH SWR which bathed me in gamma rays like got the
green hulk!) in a cheap-wino-hotel?

(well, ok, I am lying--it was a motel)

toothless-deranged-grin

Keep a sense of humor about you man--it helps when all else fails
you...

John

Old July 23rd 05, 04:05 AM
garigue

"John Smith" wrote in message
Tom and/or garigue:

How do you know I am not one of those "brain damaged" hams? Made so
from running illegal-multiple-kilowatts off my bedsprings (and
experiencing a HIGH SWR which bathed me in gamma rays like got the
green hulk!) in a cheap-wino-hotel?

(well, ok, I am lying--it was a motel)

toothless-deranged-grin

Keep a sense of humor about you man--it helps when all else fails
you...

John

Well I have yet to have all else fail ......and besides I run QRP most of
the time .......

A sense of humor ...... boy that is what gets me through the day .......

Tom and or Garigue ....actually both ..... Garrigue is my middle name ......
due to my grandmothers love of Thomas Garrigue Masaryk ..the first president
of Czechoslovakia .... I dropped the extra r ....opps I'm off topic ...don't
tell
Len .....

Take care ... Tom KI3R .....

Old July 23rd 05, 05:18 AM
John Smith

Well Tom Garigue:

Glad to meet you!

Interesting, I have never really done QRP, I am guilty of being a bit
heavy on large amps and input power... but do find it a bit
interesting, qrp.

I had developed a simple led swr meter in another newsgroup (original
design--I think) and had been looking for a QRP'er to check it out...
will have to look up the schematic and pics and have you take a look
and see if it is any use at QRP levels... I was using it at 5+ watts
out...

Well Tom, my bark is much worse than my bite and I don't hold a grudge
long... perhaps we will find out what we agree and disagree on as we
go along here...

One thing, I'll tell ya how it looks to me... grin

I hope you don't mind my anonymity here, but I have been burnt when
people know my name, call and address. But I assure you, there is a
real person behind this text, and only one...

Warmest regards,
John Smith

Old July 23rd 05, 03:38 PM
Low SWR

"Bruce" wrote in news:nTcEe.21217$TU.5791
@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

Knuckle Dragging CBplussers can support the thing.

I hear ya.

The league will give these glorified CB'ers, a discount on memberships too.

Buy a membership and we'll reduce the cost of it your test fee. I wish the
ARRL leadership wasn't full of whiney wimpy limp wristed liberal democrats
that feel everyone should have a fee pass. They need to pull their heads out
of their ass! It's the integrity of the service that's important.

Hiram Maxim is turning over in his grave.
Old July 23rd 05, 03:48 PM
John Smith

LS:

You think the droves of new hams (EX CB'ers) coming here are actually
stupid enough to join the ARRL--naaaa, not even chicken banders are
that dumb!

John