Old July 26th 05, 05:27 AM
DesignGuy

"KU2S" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:31:42 GMT, "DesignGuy"
wrote:

I'm getting read to take the exam for a ham ticket next month. I was

curious
to know if having a ham radio license precludes one from the GMRS license
requirement, so paying the $75 for the GMRS license is no longer

necessary
for ham license holders?

No. Amateur radio and GMRS are seperate and unrelated. The
possession of a licence for one has no bearing on licensing for the
other.

Also, how long does it take to get the actual paper license from the FCC
with your callsign?

Thanks in advance.

Usually about a week, but since your first question should have been
answered in your preparation for taking the Amateur Radio licensing
exam, this license holder entertains severe reservations regarding
your ability to pass said examination.

Wow. That didn't take long. I only just decided to take the exam a couple
days ago (and awaiting prep material by mail), and I've already met my first
ham asshole.

Old July 26th 05, 11:24 AM
K4YZ

Herb wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ a.k.a. the *least* credible source of information
on Usenet.

You're welcome to post any evidence that anything I said was
untrue or inappropriate, other than "because I said so", which is
pretty much stock-and-trade of the ToBraMarLen Quartet.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old July 26th 05, 11:32 AM
K4YZ

wrote:

[...]

ham ###hole.

I'll agree.

In the USMC, we were fond of the old saying "The Only "Stupid"
Question Is The One You Didn't Ask, But Would Have Kept You From
LOOKING Stupid Later"

The ironic thing is that many years ago there was a petition
request in front of the FCC to allow Amateurs onto GMRS without any
additional licensing requirements, inorder to facliltate "honey-do"
traffic without the spouse having to get an Amateur license. Needless
to say, it didn't go anywhere.

Welcome to Amateur Radio, Design Guy. If you're ever in the
south/cental part of Tennessee try the 147.195 (+/COR) repeater in
Manchester, TN and say hello.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old July 26th 05, 02:10 PM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
Herb wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ a.k.a. the *least* credible source of information
on Usenet.

You're welcome to post any evidence that anything I said was
untrue or inappropriate, other than "because I said so", which is
pretty much stock-and-trade of the ToBraMarLen Quartet.

he and I for that matter lack the bandwidth to itemize all your unture
or esp inappropriate materail

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old July 26th 05, 02:18 PM
K4YZ

an old friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Herb wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ a.k.a. the *least* credible source of information
on Usenet.

You're welcome to post any evidence that anything I said was
untrue or inappropriate, other than "because I said so", which is
pretty much stock-and-trade of the ToBraMarLen Quartet.

he and I for that matter lack the bandwidth to itemize all your unture
or esp inappropriate materail

What you lack is anything valid to submit as "inappropriate
materail".

Steve, K4YZ

Old July 26th 05, 02:45 PM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
an old friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Herb wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ a.k.a. the *least* credible source of information
on Usenet.

You're welcome to post any evidence that anything I said was
untrue or inappropriate, other than "because I said so", which is
pretty much stock-and-trade of the ToBraMarLen Quartet.

he and I for that matter lack the bandwidth to itemize all your unture
or esp inappropriate materail

What you lack is anything valid to submit as "inappropriate
materail".

just a few examples just from your titles

I Stand Corrected On N9OGL/KB9RQZ Wedding...It's N0IMD/KB9RQZ...

Obsessed Gay Lid

If the Pope Had Met N9OGL, Would He Reconsider Abortion?

WARNING! GAY PAGAN DRAFTEE IDIOT BACK IN TOWN! KB9RQZ and N9OGL to
WED..?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

Old July 26th 05, 08:33 PM
Jim Hampton

"Herb" wrote in message

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ a.k.a. the *least* credible source of information
on Usenet.

Believe me, one does *not* want to use a repeater without authorization. It
won't be the FCC that catches you, it will be the repeater owner. They may
report you to the FCC, but will probably file a suit against you. See ya in
court

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old July 26th 05, 08:52 PM
Jim Hampton

wrote:

[...]

Don't worry about a few folks that may say something that may irritate you.
Although licensed first in 1962 and getting my extra in 1966, unless one
studied other parts of the FCC rules beyond the amateur license, this could
certainly be an honest question. I've delved into such a bit as I obtained
my 1st class radiotelephone license in 1966 as well as my telegraph license
the same year. The FCC has more rules than the hams have a**holes, I can
assure you LOL.

Some hams are concerned that the tests are being watered down; I suspect the
answer you got was someone concerned about the watered down tests. Although
it didn't appear directed as a flame, I agree he should have simply answered
the question without pontificating.

Try not to concern yourself too much. There is a lot of bickering going on
(can you tell by reading many posts ROTFLOL) amongst the licensed folks; you
happened to post a question read by someone with a short fuse.

If you have studied a bit for your ticket, you will note that there is no
sanity test for licensed amateurs.

Oooops. I've gotta go. Some men in white coats asking for me by name

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old July 26th 05, 11:11 PM
Bobby Joe Good Buddy

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

Believe me, one does *not* want to use a repeater without authorization.
It
won't be the FCC that catches you, it will be the repeater owner. They
may
report you to the FCC, but will probably file a suit against you. See ya
in
court

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah Right! Just amazing, the piles of pure
B.S. put out on Usenet daily.

Old July 27th 05, 01:12 AM
Jim Hampton

"Bobby Joe Good Buddy" wrote in message

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

Believe me, one does *not* want to use a repeater without authorization.
It
won't be the FCC that catches you, it will be the repeater owner. They
may
report you to the FCC, but will probably file a suit against you. See

ya
in
court

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah Right! Just amazing, the piles of pure
B.S. put out on Usenet daily.

You, sir, are absolutely right!
ROTFLMAO

ZBM-2,