Old July 30th 05, 11:21 PM
Unclaimed Mysteries

KØHB wrote:

Rather than continue to waste perfectly good electrons on non-terminating loops
about "you're a liar --- no YOU're a liar" and similar topics, we can end it all
with a single thread.

Simply respond to this message by selecting the numbers which reflect your
personal philosphy, write them down on a notepad, add them up, and report ONLY
THE SUM here. We'll all then have a clear understanding of your position on
these matters, and can move on to other productive discussions regarding Amateur
Radio Policy.

1. Len Anderson is a hero to the downtrodden.
2. Len Anderson is a liar and a putz.
3. K4YZ is a war hero and radio whiz.
4. K4YZ is a lowlife disability cheat.
5. K8MN is the best DXer since Danny Weil
6. K8MN is a sneak who lures unsuspecting French hams into out-of-band QSO's
7. K0HB is a war hero and radio whiz.
8. K0HB is a stalker and harrasser.
9. N9OLG is a highly educated philosopher
10. N9OLG is a sponge
11. John Smith is
12. John Smith isn't
13. N0IMD is a war hero and rare DX
14. N0IMD is a liar and discredits the Burke family name
15. KB9RQZ is a Major in the Chemical Corps and a war hero
16. KB9RQZ is K4YZ in disguise
17. AA2QA is a war hero and a radio whiz
18. AA2QA was barred from the Duva Den for excess consumption
19. W4NTI is a war hero and radio whiz
20. W4NTI is a redneck
21. Leo is a hero of the Great White North
22. Leo is a hoser
23. N8UZE is a superb contester and a fox
24. N8UZE is a W5TIT wannabe
25. W5TIT is a great IT person and a fox
26. Kim has an unrepeatable call sign
27. N2EY is a QRP hero and a radio wheeze
28. N2EY is a secret member of NCI
29. K2UNK is a hero of NCI
30. K2UNK is a secret member of FISTS
31. K2ASP is an FCC hero and a radio whiz
32. K2ASP once gave N0IMD a pink ticket for sending sloppy code
33. KB3EIA is a balloon launcher and radio whiz
34. KB3EIA is full of helium
35. K3LT should come back to rrap.
36. Hey, Larry, don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on your way out.
37. ___________ is a _________ and a radio whiz.
38. ___________ is a _________ and a bottom dwelling scum sucker.

Remember, respond with ONLY the sum of the item numbers of your selections.

I never make the cool threads.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Old July 30th 05, 11:30 PM
Jim Hampton

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hello, Hans

I added up my answers and took the average.

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 10.

Who let you know that I was barred from the Duva Den?

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old July 30th 05, 11:31 PM
KØHB

wrote

You don't exist...

Perhaps his (her?) philosophy non-existentialism -- sort of a Kant do Pascal
kind of person.

dit dit
de Hans, K0HB

Old July 30th 05, 11:42 PM
John Smith

Len:

My gawd man, my eyes just watered up on me...

Your words reminded me of country western song I enjoy:
"Oak Ridge Boys -- All the Gold in California"

.... the lyrics go, "try'in to be a hero, windin' up a zero..."

Story of my life there! You know that tune?

If not, grab a copy of "Winmx" (free download, they guarantee NO spyware -
http://www.winmx.com/ ) and use it, you can get any song you can imagine in
..mp3 format (windows media player can play 'em for ya) and listen to it...
everything you need to know about calif, like when the lyrics go:
"... all the gold in California is in the middle of a bank in Beverly Hills in
somebody else's name..."

Warmest regards,
John

wrote in message
oups.com...
You get ONLY a ZERO. You don't exist...

bip bip

Old July 30th 05, 11:56 PM
John Smith

Jim:

Why do some hams just wanna be difficult?

My tea leaves indicate you like slap-stick humor where some clown takes a pie
in the face...

John

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

nk.net...

Old July 31st 05, 01:35 AM
KØHB

"John Smith" wrote

Why do some hams just wanna be difficult?

Jim wasn't being difficult, just responding to an 'inside' comment.

About 40 years ago Jim and I worked together on Guam ("Duva" in the local
Chamorran lingo). "Duva Den" was the enlisted watering hole at the Naval
Communications Station. Consumption at happy hour (10-cents-a-can "Lucky
Lager", laced with formeldahyde for preservation during ocean shipment) tended
to be liberal.

You can admire a photo of the "Duva Den" at
http://www.anzwers.org/free/navyscpo...k_lynch_2.html

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old July 31st 05, 01:46 AM
John Smith

KXHB:

I was pointing at the pie (pi) he was holding there... grin

John

"KXHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"John Smith" wrote

Old July 31st 05, 02:16 AM
Jim Hampton

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"John Smith" wrote

Why do some hams just wanna be difficult?

Jim wasn't being difficult, just responding to an 'inside' comment.

About 40 years ago Jim and I worked together on Guam ("Duva" in the local
Chamorran lingo). "Duva Den" was the enlisted watering hole at the Naval
Communications Station. Consumption at happy hour (10-cents-a-can "Lucky
Lager", laced with formeldahyde for preservation during ocean shipment)

tended
to be liberal.

You can admire a photo of the "Duva Den" at
http://www.anzwers.org/free/navyscpo...k_lynch_2.html

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hello, Hans

Did you forget that they introduced Old Milwaukee beer - a 16 oz can for a
*nickle*! You could be almost flat broke; all you needed was a quarter. I
got sloshed there a few times. Almost got in one guys face until I noticed
the stripes he had on ..... I shut my yap just in time

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old July 31st 05, 02:22 AM
Jim Hampton

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"John Smith" wrote

Why do some hams just wanna be difficult?

Jim wasn't being difficult, just responding to an 'inside' comment.

About 40 years ago Jim and I worked together on Guam ("Duva" in the local
Chamorran lingo). "Duva Den" was the enlisted watering hole at the Naval
Communications Station. Consumption at happy hour (10-cents-a-can "Lucky
Lager", laced with formeldahyde for preservation during ocean shipment)

tended
to be liberal.

You can admire a photo of the "Duva Den" at
http://www.anzwers.org/free/navyscpo...k_lynch_2.html

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hello again, Hans

CT3 .... hmmmm ... I wonder if he was one of the guys I irritated when I
found out they monitored the shack and had a half-hour chat in American Land
Line Morse. I did that just for the CTs benefit. Only time in my life I
used Land-Line Morse. I got thinking about someone playing a tape for hours
figuring out what we said. The tears were streaming down my face. LOL,
they took the beer cooler out of the shack after that stunt

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old July 31st 05, 03:25 AM

K=D8HB wrote:

Simply respond to this message by selecting the numbers which
reflect your
personal philosphy, and report ONLY THE SUM here

313

73 de Jim, N2EY