Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 05, 10:40 AM
Kardiac Korner

Default Codgers and Surgeries

Seventy-Somethings who oft compare their surgeries with their fellows. Well,
this is not endemic to the HF bands.

Case in point. This afternoon three of the youth challenged Old Timers tied
up a local repeater as they compared notes and even argued over whose heart
surgery was the worst. They droned on and on about the incisions made in
their legs, their chests, and even went into graphic detail about the
drainage tube that had been implanted in one of their abdomens.

And it this was not depressing enough, one of the Codgers went on to regale
the listeners with details of his wife's cancer and chemo treatments and
detailed the prescription drugs his wife uses.

Come on, guys. My heart goes out to you, but MUST you discuss it for hours
on end? On a repeater? Or anywhere? These oldsters are understandably caught
up in their dilemma but someone, some day, is going to have to ask them to
please, please, stop.

These Oldsters, all Extra licensees, have no idea how depressing it is to
listen to them.

And, guys. When someone asks you how you are doing, don't go into an hour
long history of your medical trials and health tribulations. Spare us the
details and the resultant depression. Please?

This message not posted via two or more anonymous remailers.

--
"My husband may have his faults, but he has never lied to me." Hillary
Clinton, "Living History", page 465.