Old August 8th 05, 03:03 AM
an_old_friend

Default strange thing from the ARRL

last month or was it late June I received an "invitation" to ARRl to
rejoin. Today I went thought the yesterday's mail, and find another
invatation different text but again asking me to rejoin

Old August 8th 05, 02:13 PM
boink

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
ups.com...
last month or was it late June I received an "invitation" to ARRl to
rejoin. Today I went thought the yesterday's mail, and find another
invatation different text but again asking me to rejoin

They occasianally blow a couple grand on mass
maillings to try and get hams to join up. Likely they
get the names from the warranty cards hams send
in when they buy a new radio or the prize raffles
from the larger hamfests, what few they're are left
around that is. I can recall many years ago a certain large
hamfest down south selling their hamfest attendence
and ticket database to em for some extra $$$. This practice
is now discontinued. Just toss it in the trash or use it
o start the woodstove going come this winter.

Old August 8th 05, 05:17 PM
an_old_friend

boink wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
ups.com...
last month or was it late June I received an "invitation" to ARRl to
rejoin. Today I went thought the yesterday's mail, and find another
invatation different text but again asking me to rejoin

They occasianally blow a couple grand on mass
maillings to try and get hams to join up. Likely they
get the names from the warranty cards hams send
in when they buy a new radio or the prize raffles
from the larger hamfests, what few they're are left
around that is. I can recall many years ago a certain large
hamfest down south selling their hamfest attendence
and ticket database to em for some extra $$$. This practice
is now discontinued. Just toss it in the trash or use it
o start the woodstove going come this winter.

thank you for the enlightenment, I guess it is fitting reward from Icom
for buying that 910H

I have a large stack of such mail It will become part of the
expereiment to see i my den/hamshack can be kept warm with nothing but
junk mail this winter

Old August 8th 05, 08:50 PM
Michael Coslo

an_old_friend wrote:

boink wrote:

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
roups.com...

[...]

Make sure you print it first, Mark! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
ARRL Repeats Call for Shutdown of Arizona BPL Field Trial Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 23rd 04 01:54 PM
The Amateur Code Mike Coslo Policy 19 September 2nd 03 08:38 AM
ARRL Dilemmas (Representative KC8LDO a problem-operator) Twistedhed CB 0 August 20th 03 03:57 PM