Old August 15th 05, 10:14 AM
ralph

Default IEEE C95.1-1999

Hi all,

I will like assistance in understanding some of the number in C95.1,
especially on MPE.

In most cases for the controlled environment, the averaging timing is 6
minutes. So does it meant that we can only expose ourselves for 6
minutes?

Thanks.

Old August 15th 05, 05:16 PM
Dave Heil

ralph wrote:

In most cases for the controlled environment, the averaging timing is 6
minutes. So does it meant that we can only expose ourselves for 6
minutes?

It is probably best if you don't expose yourself at all.

Dave K8MN
Old August 15th 05, 08:42 PM
an_old_friend

ralph wrote:
Hi all,

I will like assistance in understanding some of the number in C95.1,
especially on MPE.

In most cases for the controlled environment, the averaging timing is 6
minutes. So does it meant that we can only expose ourselves for 6
minutes?

No in simple terms

It is a reminder that RF exposure is not guaraunteed safe (various
folks are argueing about the what all the data means

Learn it for the test

for real ham radio well put your antenans away from with nice long deed
lines and place things like metal roofs between and the antenna in
mobile stations

If you are asking about pro engineers find an Engineer that can think
and ask for advice, but still learn it for the test

Thanks.

Old August 16th 05, 02:11 AM
Mike Coslo

an_old_friend wrote:
ralph wrote:

Hi all,

I will like assistance in understanding some of the number in C95.1,
especially on MPE.

In most cases for the controlled environment, the averaging timing is 6
minutes. So does it meant that we can only expose ourselves for 6
minutes?

No in simple terms

It is a reminder that RF exposure is not guaraunteed safe (various
folks are argueing about the what all the data means

I always wondered if excessive RF exposure was what made so many Hams
so cranky? ;^)

- Mike KB3EIA -
Old August 16th 05, 03:47 AM
an_old_friend

Mike Coslo wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
ralph wrote:

Hi all,

I will like assistance in understanding some of the number in C95.1,
especially on MPE.

In most cases for the controlled environment, the averaging timing is 6
minutes. So does it meant that we can only expose ourselves for 6
minutes?

No in simple terms

It is a reminder that RF exposure is not guaraunteed safe (various
folks are argueing about the what all the data means

I always wondered if excessive RF exposure was what made so many Hams
so cranky? ;^)

I have as well, esp with older hams being more cranky by and large, and
older rigs hand builts rigs likely to be less sheilded than our newer
rigs

- Mike KB3EIA -