Old September 7th 05, 05:27 AM

From: Dee Flint on Sep 6, 7:36 pm

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
wrote:

Tornado "hot zones" just happen to coincide with some of the best
farmland in this country.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. FACTUAL ERROR!

The San Joaquin Valley of California is NOT in "tornado alley"
of the midwest. :-)

She said "some", not "all" of the best farmland lennieboy, do try to keep
up.

He does that all the time.

INCORRECT. FACTUAL ERROR multiplied.

Dee, you have me on your "killfile" so therefore you cannot see
what I wrote. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

And he overlooks that the San Joaquin Valley was
not particularly good until it was irrigated and fertilized.

Incorrect again. Refer to the "oakies'" plight when they moved
to California to get away from the midwest droughts. Irrigation
was added LATER to increase the bountiful harvests. It is HUGE.
Takes at least 8 hours of continuous driving on I-5 from north to
south to go the length of just the San Joaquin Valley. California
is the biggest cotton grower of all the states and has been for
decades.

However with those changes it is quite fertile.

MORE fertile. The San Joaquin Valley can feed ALL the western,
mountain states with enough left over for those in the midwest.

Personally, I like the land of the tall corn (Iowa).

Personally, I don't think you know Agribusiness from a DeKalb
Hybrid Seed poked in the ground.

I spent my first 19 years in Illinois and got to know all of
its bordering states. IN THE BEGINNING, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska
were all PRARIE and grew little else but prarie vegetation.
Missouri isn't much better off although they have more
waterways. Without continuous fertilization, crop rotation, and
wind-shelter trees ADDED later, the midwest would have reverted
to just prarie again.

Iowa restaurants are excellent midwest-style eating places and
most will serve free seconds on entrees. Do you wish to know
more about the Amana Colonies? Cedar Rapids? [home of Collins
Radio] It's a fine place to visit and shop (as my wife and I
expect to do soon, again) but we wouldn't want to live there.

Just punch a seed in the ground and step back quick before it
hits you in the eye (grin)!

Yes, yes, ha, ha, clap, clap...good one...but ancient.

Try OKLAHOMA for that...easterners still think that Oklahoma is
the heart of the cornbelt. Oklahoma chiefly grows truck drivers
and oil derricks.

Tell us about the terrible tornados we have in California. We'd
like to know as we are the most populous and prosperous state in
the union.

Tell us also why you are responding to an anony-mousie whose handle
is that of a DEFUNCT TV hero of the 1950s?