Old August 25th 05, 12:12 PM
K4YZ

Default Laying Waste to Frank Of Silliland's Silliness

Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

I made Lance Corporal before I could get the "cash sales" smell
out of my uniforms...Corporal on the second round of cutting scores
(and that was in the rank-tight Avionics MOS of 6616)...Sergeant in
less three years of my arrival in boot camp...

Some resource on USMC policy Frank of Silliland turned out to be!

Steve, K4YZ

Old August 25th 05, 05:30 PM
K4YZ

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank of Silliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

grow up
Steve, K4YZ

No, Markie...I am Steve, K4YZ.

Steve, K4YZ

Old August 25th 05, 07:56 PM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank of Silliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

grow up
Steve, K4YZ

No, Markie...I am Steve, K4YZ.

prove it

and Prove that you are the Gunn sgt you claim to and prove they are the
same person

you can't BTW

Steve, K4YZ

Old August 25th 05, 10:42 PM

K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?
----
snipped denigration of one who served.

Old August 26th 05, 12:55 AM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Dudly kept talking about his "seven hostile actions"
and implying he was in the thick of them.

I've never bragged about being IN any hostile actions. If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned. Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

I have no recollection of any "Panama Beach" in southern
California. There's Santa Monica beach (municipal beach).
There's Hermosa Beach (a city) and Redondo Beach (also a city)
and Huntington Beach (a city). Used to frequent the "Lighthouse"
in Hermosa Beach for totally great jazz on weekends and reasonable
drink prices in the late 1950s, early 1960s; they got too popular
and raised prices plus adding a ticket-cover-charge.

The "loudmouth at the end of THIS bar" is Dudly and his "seven
hostile actions" and "MARS IS amateur radio!" blabbering.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

The Four Morsemen of the Apocalypse are riding! Gallop. Gallop.

----
snipped denigration of one who served.

PCTA extras will invoke their Double Standard and denigrate some
more. Screum.

Old August 26th 05, 03:12 AM
Dave Heil

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Dudly kept talking about his "seven hostile actions"
and implying he was in the thick of them.

I've never bragged about being IN any hostile actions.

Don't get too carried away, Lennie. Aren't you forgetting your classic
sphincter post? There was the distinct implication that you'd
experienced the things of which you wrote--except it turned out that you
hadn't experienced them at all.

What, by the way, was the flying time for those Soviet Bears which
didn't yet exist, to your location in Japan?

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome. I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime. Wanna play some more
"mine's bigger than yours"?

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines. My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.
Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Dave K8MN
Old August 26th 05, 05:16 AM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. :-) If Jimmie say it true, it must be true! :-)

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?" :-)

By the way, WHERE was this "front?" You guys keep talking about
the "front lines" like it was in World War ONE. Wasn't like
that. Ask Jimmie Noserve. He was THERE...in spirit...through
his books...he read all about it.

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome.

Wow! All by your LONESOME? Gee, Davie, you need to get out more.
It would keep you from being so lonesome...

You have some PROOF of this accomplishment, yes?

I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime.

I'm absolutely positive you have, dozens and dozens, hundreds and
hundreds of them, more than in several mens' lifetimes. Whatever
it is, YOU did MORE. You say so and that be that.

Wanna play some more "mine's bigger than yours"?

I don't "play" with antennas. On the big ones, I let the pros
do their jobs. They know how to erect them. I know how to
erect mine. :-)

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines.

All by yourself? Wow! You have PROOF of that, yes?

I'll bet you were Behind The Lines in 'Nam, sending valuable intel
back to Hq, right? A vital asset to the military! Hip hip hooray!

Sorry, Davie, I didn't do a lot of radio communications (all by
myself) after my military service. I went into DESIGN of radio-
electronics, making the equipment from scratch.

My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Hundreds of magnitudes. Googles of them. Off the scale...

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Why do you ask? Do you need HELP? Just ask.

BTW, my Icom receiver, purchased long ago, is NOT used in the wine
industry nor for private brewing. It has no olfactory sensing
inputs. It still works well as a 50 KHz to 30 MHz RADIO RECEIVER...
is within specification as of this March.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.

Tsk. I must be subconsciously picking up YOUR attitude! Gotta
watch myself.

No, your snarlingness, I don't feel "entitled" to condescension.
That's YOUR schtick. I DO feel absolutely ENTITLED to cuss out any
sumbish who wants to meanmouth whatever service I did for my country
especially so if they didn't serve. I don't take no snit from
pansies who were NEVER IN who want to "tell me like it is" IN the
military. YOU live with that, because that's how it goes down.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Old August 26th 05, 06:52 AM
Dave Heil

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

'smatter, Len? No comments about your sphincter post or the flying time
to Japan by Soviet Bear bombers?

Why do you need to involve Jim? I just wrote it. :-)

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true.

Well, there it is.

The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there.

Yep.

So you were in a different country and we still got treated, by you, to
what it was like to be under artillery attack.

Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?" :-)

Not at all, Len. You just go into some social setting and whip out your
tiny DD-214. Maybe you could even recount the sphincter post.

By the way, WHERE was this "front?"

They didn't tell you? Well, during your time, it was in Korea.

You guys keep talking about
the "front lines" like it was in World War ONE. Wasn't like
that.

It wasn't? There weren't any defined front lines in Korea?

Ask Jimmie Noserve. He was THERE...in spirit...through
his books...he read all about it.

Anyone can read about it. It made all the history books too.

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome.

Wow! All by your LONESOME? Gee, Davie, you need to get out more.
It would keep you from being so lonesome...

You have some PROOF of this accomplishment, yes?

I have 8x10 glossies. I'll sell any number of them to you for $4.95
each, postpaid. Alternatively, you can take a cross country drive.

I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime.

I'm absolutely positive you have, dozens and dozens, hundreds and
hundreds of them, more than in several mens' lifetimes.

In the past five years? Nothing approaching that number. It doesn't
even have to be.

Whatever
it is, YOU did MORE. You say so and that be that.

I believe you have me confused with you.

Wanna play some more "mine's bigger than yours"?

I don't "play" with antennas.

No, I don't suppose you do.

On the big ones, I let the pros do their jobs.

Do you have big antennas at either of your two mortgage-free homes?
Perhaps you meant your comment in the usual Andersonesque sidewalk
superintendant way--that the pro antenna installers do their jobs and
that you stand by in case your advice might be needed.

They know how to erect them.

Don't you?

I know how to erect mine. :-)

Knowing how it is supposed to work and actually getting the job done can
be two very different things. :-)

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines.

All by yourself? Wow! You have PROOF of that, yes?

Oh yes, I have proof. I'll be happy to send you photocopies at $4.95
per page, postpaid. Alternatively, you can choose to drive cross country.

I'll bet you were Behind The Lines in 'Nam, sending valuable intel
back to Hq, right? A vital asset to the military! Hip hip hooray!

I've done no bragging at all about my military communications work in
Vietnam. I will correct your claim in another post that I was assigned
to Air Force MARS. I was not. I operated MARS circuits in my off duty
time.

Sorry, Davie, I didn't do a lot of radio communications (all by
myself) after my military service.

Yessir. That was my point. You didn't.

I went into DESIGN of radio-
electronics, making the equipment from scratch.

Good for you, Len.

My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Hundreds of magnitudes. Googles of them. Off the scale...

I wrote nothing of "hundreds of magnitudes". I wrote "several magnitudes".

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Why do you ask? Do you need HELP? Just ask.

Because you brought up my name and antennas earlier. I just wanted to
be clear on your abilities and experience in antennas. Thanks for the
offer of help though. If you drive cross country and actuall help, I'll
provide all the proof you seek at a heavily discounted rate.

BTW, my Icom receiver, purchased long ago, is NOT used in the wine
industry nor for private brewing.

I'm sorry. You've obviously misunderstood.

It has no olfactory sensing
inputs.

I understood that. I didn't ask what you were using for a nose.

It still works well as a 50 KHz to 30 MHz RADIO RECEIVER...
is within specification as of this March.

I'm happy for you.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.

Tsk. I must be subconsciously picking up YOUR attitude! Gotta
watch myself.

Try to find a post where I've done any such thing toward those who never
served in the military. This isn't the first time you've wrapped
yourself in bunting and belittled those, who for whatever reason, didn't
serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. I'm quite proud that I served, but I
don't find it necessary to take shots at those who did not.

No, your snarlingness, I don't feel "entitled" to condescension.

Then why have you done it so often?

That's YOUR schtick.

No, that's incorrect. You've done it frequently to a number of posters
here, who have not served in the U.S. Armed Forces.

I DO feel absolutely ENTITLED to cuss out any
sumbish who wants to meanmouth whatever service I did for my country
especially so if they didn't serve. I don't take no snit from
pansies who were NEVER IN who want to "tell me like it is" IN the
military. YOU live with that, because that's how it goes down.

....and you've just done it again.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Not yours.

Dave K8MN