Old September 7th 05, 12:11 AM

From: "Bill Sohl" on Tues 6 Sep 2005 06:00

wrote in message
roups.com...

(SNIP)

Let's also not forget that Len asked the FCC to institute
an age requirement of 14 years for any class of amateur
radio license. Yet when challenged to cite *any* examples
of problems in the ARS caused by the licensing of young
children, he could not come up with a single example.

As far as anyone knows, he's never told
FCC to discard that age-requirement idea.

With all due respect, if the FCC has NOT acted on
Len's age-requirement idea by now, it can be assumed
to be a dead idea and rrequires no "please discard"
note/memo/letter.

Bill, I made that "notorious/error-filled" on (horrors!)
minimum age SUGGESTION on page 14 of my 14-page Reply to
Comments of Michael Deignan that was received by FCC on

13 January 1999 !!!

After six and a half years have elapsed...AND the issuance
of Report and Order 99-412 in late December, 1999, the FCC
hasn't "acted on it" AND I've given up on it. :-)

Jimmie Miccolis CANNOT give up on it. He must bring it out
again and again and again AS IF it were as notorious as
the 14-part message from Japan that was delivered to the
U.S. State Department AFTER the Pearl Harbor attack on
December 7th, 1941 !!! :-)

For the rest of the readers unaquainted with the details of
"Restructuring" (of Amateur Radio Service), WT Docket 98-143
contains ALL the Comments and Replies to Comments on the
NPRM that led up to the final Report and Order 99-412 that
established the "Restructuring." WT Docket 98-143 is still
accessible on-line at the FCC's ECFS, all the filed documents,
including all those filings made AFTER the official close of
Comments on 15 January 1999.

One Steven J. Robeson made a "reply to comments" on my
document on 25 January 1999, 10 days AFTER the official close
of Comments. Not a pretty thing, Robeson wanted me to
abrogate my Rights of Free Speech as a citizen of the United
States. Jimmie no say one thing about that. :-)

Jimmie should state ALL things about a subject instead of
Sinning By Omission to attempt some puerile character
assassination that he thinks is "rightful" or "just."

That is irritating to myself and others, but I will simply
CORRECT Jimmie's ERRORS as needs be, to point out where any
reader can go and check for themselves and see where the
REAL errors and other wrongful things are...

Old September 9th 05, 12:32 AM

Dave Heil wrote:
From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm
John Smith wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:23:26 -0700, N2EY wrote:
Because I can. And because I won't ask others to pass a test
that I can't pass myself.
That is awfully big of you, however, keep it mind that amateur radio (the rf bands) should be open to ALL AMERICANS...

They are open to all who can pass the required tests. In fact
a nonresident noncitizen can get an FCC amateur radio license.

Don't forget cute little 6-year-olds who passed their
WRITTENS.

It is a cinch that *you* haven't forgotten them. :-)

Let's also not forget that Len asked the FCC to institute
an age requirement of 14 years for any class of amateur
radio license. Yet when challenged to cite *any* examples
of problems in the ARS caused by the licensing of young
children, he could not come up with a single example.

As far as anyone knows, he's never told
FCC to discard that age-requirement idea.

No, he hasn't. The best you'll get out of him is that he has
not pursued it further.

Of course - and based on the comments above, it's clear he
still thinks it's a good idea, even though he cannot come
up with a single example of problems caused by the lack of
such a rule.

All an IQ test shows is how well you take IQ tests. There
are many different kinds of intelligence, and trying to
describe them with a single number is ludicrous.

OK, so now we all know that Jimmie didn't score high on a
Stanford-Binet IQ test! :-)

You're big on jumping to false conclusions. You might be
setting
yourself up to make another factual error. :-) :-)

What you have there is an attempt to phish for information.

Consider the possibilities:

Suppose my Stanford-Binet IQ test score is higher than Len's. Or lower, or the same. How would his behavior here change?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think
his behavior would change at all.

With one exception: There's a very high probability that he'd find a
way to use my IQ score as a way to insult and denigrate.
Just as the profile predicts. So there's no logical reason to give my
score.

The present written tests are simple enough for two SIX
YEAR OLDS
to pass their license tests under the watchful eye of
kindly,
grandfatherly-looking VEs. Imagine, two SIX YEAR OLDS
with perfect
understanding of all regulations and the MATURITY to act
responsibly on their own!

Yeah, imagine that. If they could do it, it would seem that
a guy like you could do it--but you haven't.

If you recall, Len has repeatedly demonstrated a less-than-
perfect
understanding of Part 97 here. And as to his level
of MATURITY...well, his posts here demonstrate that much
better than I ever could ;-)

Consider Paul Schleck's recent, excellent post here, Dave.

I've not only considered Paul's post, I've read the expected
tone in Len's reply.

Ever notice how there are some people who are just plain
nice to have around? They may not be the smartest, or the
richest, or the most physically attractive, or the most
accomplished, but when you spend some time with them you
feel better than you did before, for all sorts of reasons.

Among them are people from whom you can always learn something useful,
people who are always there to help out, people with
whom you can communicate freely and honestly, people who have
an innate common sense, people with a good sense of humor, and
a whole list of other traits and combinations of traits.

People who are slow to criticize and quick to praise, slow to
anger and quick to smile, etc. People who see the glass as half
full rather than half empty, and then they go and get a smaller glass.
People who ask little and give much. People whose example
inspires and uplifts you to be a better person.

You know people like that, don't you, Dave?

They may not have all of the above, and they may not be perfect,
but the overall effect they have on those around them is generally
pleasant, uplifting and positive.

Then you have folks who are exactly the opposite. You know
people like that, too, I suppose.

Why not spend more time on the first group and less time on the
second?

73 de Jim, N2EY

"Don't waste the thousand marbles"

WWHD

Old September 9th 05, 07:49 PM

From: on Sep 8, 4:32 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm
John Smith wrote:
[...]

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Jimmie, you put bad INTERPRETATIONS on some
folks' comments! :-)

Suppose my Stanford-Binet IQ test score is higher than Len's.
Or lower, or the same. How would his behavior here change?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think
his behavior would change at all.

With one exception: There's a very high probability that he'd find a
way to use my IQ score as a way to insult and denigrate.
Just as the profile predicts. So there's no logical reason to give my
score.

Wow! Jimmie turned into FUTUREMAN! Futureman...able to see what
is coming before it happens! :-)

Was there some "issue" concerning Stanford-Binet IQ tests?!?!?

Seems to me that morse code testing does NOT involve any "IQ"
ratings. Morse code skill is an ear-brain-motor-function thing
NOT involving intellectual capability.

Are modems "intelligent?" :-)

Do code keys have "intelligence?" :-)

Consider Paul Schleck's recent, excellent post here, Dave.

I've not only considered Paul's post, I've read the expected
tone in Len's reply.

"Expected tone?" :-)

Gosh, I'll be glad to reset the Bass and Treble controls, even
put in an Equalizer!

You know this "Argic" guy, do you Jimmie?

Ever notice how there are some people who are just plain
nice to have around? They may not be the smartest, or the
richest, or the most physically attractive, or the most
accomplished, but when you spend some time with them you
feel better than you did before, for all sorts of reasons.

Jimmie just feels warm and fuzzy around other PCTAs? :-)

Among them are people from whom you can always learn something useful,
people who are always there to help out, people with
whom you can communicate freely and honestly, people who have
an innate common sense, people with a good sense of humor, and
a whole list of other traits and combinations of traits.

Jimmie, you need to get out more, meet some NEW friends.

...or...form a NEW newsgroup, one devoted to the joys,
nobility, and rapture of morse code! Wouldn't that be a
heaven of Your Kind, the morse mavins. :-)

"Don't waste the thousand marbles"

Why? Did you lose your marbles? :-)

Old September 9th 05, 07:53 PM

From: an_old_friend on Sep 8, 6:31 pm

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

No, he hasn't. The best you'll get out of him is that he has
not pursued it further.

Of course - and based on the comments above, it's clear he
still thinks it's a good idea, even though he cannot come
up with a single example of problems caused by the lack of
such a rule.

and the response is so what if he does?

Why is it so vital for you harp on this point?

Jimmie NEEDS to win something he lost years ago...a newsgroup
argument nicely designed to denigrate someone who wasn't
responding to his mighty words in the way he thought...:-)

Jimmie has NOT EVER explained how he is such an "expert" on
children even though he has charged me that I am no "expert."
I'm not an expert on kiddies of 6 years of age yet I've been
around them all my life. :-)

Jimmie still hasn't explained HOW six-year-olds can be
"responsible" in the same way as adults. Did he teach K-12?
K-6? Did he study pediatrics? He INFERS he is SOMEHOW an
"expert" fully "qualified" to negatively critique others on
the responsibility of kiddies.

"Harping on points" is Jimmie's MISDIRECTION in posting,
charging flaws in character for "not following through on
'promises' made years ago." Jimmie puts the onus on others
when he doesn't get his way. [maybe he thinks too much
about 'onuses'? :-) ]

Why can't len have an express his opinion?

Because I don't love, honor, and obey morse code. :-)

Because I don't leave Jimmie feeling warm and fuzzy. :-)

Because Jimmie doesn't Get His Way in here...? :-)

Old September 11th 05, 11:45 AM

From: on Sep 8, 4:32 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm
John Smith wrote:
[...]

Glass half-full. Jim no fun to be around.

Suppose my Stanford-Binet IQ test score is higher than Len's.
Or lower, or the same. How would his behavior here change?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think
his behavior would change at all.

With one exception: There's a very high probability that he'd find a
way to use my IQ score as a way to insult and denigrate.
Just as the profile predicts. So there's no logical reason to give my
score.

Wow! Jimmie turned into FUTUREMAN! Futureman...able to see what
is coming before it happens! :-)

I'm still waiting for Jim's prediction of when the next class 5
hurricane will hit.

Was there some "issue" concerning Stanford-Binet IQ tests?!?!?

Only that he thinks his score will be higher than yours.

Seems to me that morse code testing does NOT involve any "IQ"
ratings. Morse code skill is an ear-brain-motor-function thing
NOT involving intellectual capability.

Emulating a modem shows desire and committment.

Are modems "intelligent?" :-)

Do code keys have "intelligence?" :-)

If they did they would be among the very smartest appliances.

Consider Paul Schleck's recent, excellent post here, Dave.

I've not only considered Paul's post, I've read the expected
tone in Len's reply.

"Expected tone?" :-)

Gosh, I'll be glad to reset the Bass and Treble controls, even
put in an Equalizer!

You know this "Argic" guy, do you Jimmie?

Argic?

Ever notice how there are some people who are just plain
nice to have around? They may not be the smartest, or the
richest, or the most physically attractive, or the most
accomplished, but when you spend some time with them you
feel better than you did before, for all sorts of reasons.

Jimmie just feels warm and fuzzy around other PCTAs? :-)

Yep. They boast of working out of band amateurs and collecting W1AW
messages before the start of the field day contest.

Among them are people from whom you can always learn something useful,
people who are always there to help out, people with
whom you can communicate freely and honestly, people who have
an innate common sense, people with a good sense of humor, and
a whole list of other traits and combinations of traits.

Jimmie, you need to get out more, meet some NEW friends.

...or...form a NEW newsgroup, one devoted to the joys,
nobility, and rapture of morse code! Wouldn't that be a
heaven of Your Kind, the morse mavins. :-)

Be sure that it's a moderated group, and exclusive.

"Don't waste the thousand marbles"

Why? Did you lose your marbles? :-)

Jim wishes to be seen as a deep thinker, often appending such
nonsensical phrases at the end of his postings.

Old September 11th 05, 05:58 PM

From: on Sep 11, 3:45 am

From: on Sep 8, 4:32 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm
John Smith wrote:
[...]

I think his "glass" is half-broken. Six and a half years AFTER
I filed a Reply to Comments on 98-143 Jimmie still wants to
ARGUE that! Report and Order 99-412 pretty well put an END to
all those Comments when it came out in late December 1999.

Jimmie won't let it end. Nossir, he had to keep on arguing and
arguing and arguing and arguing that.

Suppose my Stanford-Binet IQ test score is higher than Len's.
Or lower, or the same. How would his behavior here change?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think
his behavior would change at all.

With one exception: There's a very high probability that he'd find a
way to use my IQ score as a way to insult and denigrate.
Just as the profile predicts. So there's no logical reason to give my
score.

Wow! Jimmie turned into FUTUREMAN! Futureman...able to see what
is coming before it happens! :-)

I'm still waiting for Jim's prediction of when the next class 5
hurricane will hit.

Jimmie's levee is broken and he is too busy pumping himself out
to give predictions. He be flooded with "information."

Was there some "issue" concerning Stanford-Binet IQ tests?!?!?

Only that he thinks his score will be higher than yours.

Probably will be. :-) Last Stanford-Binet IQ test I ever took
was done in 1950, part of an Illinois state-wide, week-long test
of many things of high school students done by the University of
Illinois. Don't have any of that test result paperwork now. As
I recall, my IQ was in the "average" category, whatever numbers
those were. :-) Didn't mean a helluvalot then to me, doesn't
now, but be sure that Jimmie WANTS those values to do his little
character assassination things on his opponents in here.

Seems to me that morse code testing does NOT involve any "IQ"
ratings. Morse code skill is an ear-brain-motor-function thing
NOT involving intellectual capability.

Emulating a modem shows desire and committment.

...to the "amateur community!" :-)

Are modems "intelligent?" :-)

Do code keys have "intelligence?" :-)

If they did they would be among the very smartest appliances.

Maybe Stanford-Binet has an IQ score for modems and code keys?

Consider Paul Schleck's recent, excellent post here, Dave.

I've not only considered Paul's post, I've read the expected
tone in Len's reply.

"Expected tone?" :-)

Gosh, I'll be glad to reset the Bass and Treble controls, even
put in an Equalizer!

You know this "Argic" guy, do you Jimmie?

Argic?

Something like that for a surname, one of Paul's pet peeves.

Ever notice how there are some people who are just plain
nice to have around? They may not be the smartest, or the
richest, or the most physically attractive, or the most
accomplished, but when you spend some time with them you
feel better than you did before, for all sorts of reasons.

Jimmie just feels warm and fuzzy around other PCTAs? :-)

Yep. They boast of working out of band amateurs and collecting W1AW
messages before the start of the field day contest.

Morsemanship enables prescience! :-)

Among them are people from whom you can always learn something useful,
people who are always there to help out, people with
whom you can communicate freely and honestly, people who have
an innate common sense, people with a good sense of humor, and
a whole list of other traits and combinations of traits.

Jimmie, you need to get out more, meet some NEW friends.

...or...form a NEW newsgroup, one devoted to the joys,
nobility, and rapture of morse code! Wouldn't that be a
heaven of Your Kind, the morse mavins. :-)

Be sure that it's a moderated group, and exclusive.

Right! All them morsemen can sit around and give each other high-
fives for advancing the state of the radiotelegraphy art by being
the biggest, baddest, bad-asses on radio! Nobody will be there to
say nay in an exclusive enclave! All will be happiness and warm
fuzzies of feeling since all are champions of radiotelegraphy!

"Don't waste the thousand marbles"

Why? Did you lose your marbles? :-)

Jim wishes to be seen as a deep thinker, often appending such
nonsensical phrases at the end of his postings.

Thinker? I thought for a second you were writing with a lithp.

Thith ith too much...

Old September 14th 05, 04:50 AM

From: on Sep 11, 3:45 am

From: on Sep 8, 4:32 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm
John Smith wrote:
[...]

He pathetic mofoko.

Report and Order 99-412 pretty well put an END to
all those Comments when it came out in late December 1999.

He pathetic mofoko.

Jimmie won't let it end. Nossir, he had to keep on arguing and
arguing and arguing and arguing that.

Nope. Gotta take it to the ARRL

Suppose my Stanford-Binet IQ test score is higher than Len's.
Or lower, or the same. How would his behavior here change?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think
his behavior would change at all.

With one exception: There's a very high probability that he'd find a
way to use my IQ score as a way to insult and denigrate.
Just as the profile predicts. So there's no logical reason to give my
score.

Wow! Jimmie turned into FUTUREMAN! Futureman...able to see what
is coming before it happens! :-)

I'm still waiting for Jim's prediction of when the next class 5
hurricane will hit.

Jimmie's levee is broken and he is too busy pumping himself out
to give predictions. He be flooded with "information."

Jim be pathetic mofoko.

Was there some "issue" concerning Stanford-Binet IQ tests?!?!?

Only that he thinks his score will be higher than yours.

Probably will be. :-) Last Stanford-Binet IQ test I ever took
was done in 1950, part of an Illinois state-wide, week-long test
of many things of high school students done by the University of
Illinois. Don't have any of that test result paperwork now. As
I recall, my IQ was in the "average" category, whatever numbers
those were. :-) Didn't mean a helluvalot then to me, doesn't
now, but be sure that Jimmie WANTS those values to do his little
character assassination things on his opponents in here.

See Carl's latest posting? He be blackballed.

Seems to me that morse code testing does NOT involve any "IQ"
ratings. Morse code skill is an ear-brain-motor-function thing
NOT involving intellectual capability.

Emulating a modem shows desire and committment.

...to the "amateur community!" :-)

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY...

I'm committed.

Are modems "intelligent?" :-)

Do code keys have "intelligence?" :-)

If they did they would be among the very smartest appliances.

Maybe Stanford-Binet has an IQ score for modems and code keys?

By alarm automatically shuts off after an hour.

Consider Paul Schleck's recent, excellent post here, Dave.

I've not only considered Paul's post, I've read the expected
tone in Len's reply.

"Expected tone?" :-)

Gosh, I'll be glad to reset the Bass and Treble controls, even
put in an Equalizer!

You know this "Argic" guy, do you Jimmie?

Argic?

Something like that for a surname, one of Paul's pet peeves.

Maybe for socks.

Ever notice how there are some people who are just plain
nice to have around? They may not be the smartest, or the
richest, or the most physically attractive, or the most
accomplished, but when you spend some time with them you
feel better than you did before, for all sorts of reasons.

Jimmie just feels warm and fuzzy around other PCTAs? :-)

Yep. They boast of working out of band amateurs and collecting W1AW
messages before the start of the field day contest.

Morsemanship enables prescience! :-)

W1AW.

[...]

Where's Brian Kelly/W3RV when you don't need him?

"Don't waste the thousand marbles"

Why? Did you lose your marbles? :-)

Jim wishes to be seen as a deep thinker, often appending such
nonsensical phrases at the end of his postings.

Thinker? I thought for a second you were writing with a lithp.

Thith ith too much...

You see the latest posting by Carl?