RadioBanter

-   -   HAM RADIO IS SHOWING ITS STUFF NOW !!!!!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/77512-ham-radio-showing-its-stuff-now.html)

Uncle Ted September 3rd 05 07:11 PM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:49:48 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

And what are you doing in support of this disaster asshole?

Dan/W4NTI

Personally, I haven't done anything to support the disaster...

....I HAVE helped the relief effort by donating to the American Red
Cross.

Frank Gilliland September 3rd 05 09:38 PM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:51:12 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote in
. net:

And what are you doing to help out in this disaster?

Don't spin it around on me, Dan. This is one of the worst disasters in
US history and it's not over. But you and other hams are already using
other people's suffering as an opportunity to 'strut your stuff' and
brag about your accomplishments which aren't exactly spectacular --
did you get some food and water to the hungry and thirsty? Did you
pull someone out of the debris? Did you give first aid to the injured?
Of course not. You passed a couple personal messages. That was a big
sacrifice on your behalf, I'm sure.

You want bragging rights? Then go down there, get yourself hip-deep in
the muck, take in the sights and smells, and do something purely for
someone -else's- benefit instead of your own. THEN come back here and
tell us all about it.

Dan/W4NTI September 4th 05 12:12 AM

You don't get it do you "Frank Gilliland". I'm not bragging....all I'm
doing is TRYING to show you malcontent jerks that Ham Radio is Alive and
Well. And damn sure capable of "earning its pay". But I guess you and your
kind won't ever understand that.

Oh and I'm sorry but the wife won't let me head out to the area. My ability
to walk is very limited. But she volunteered to go do her thing, she is a
Certified Nursing Assistant.

Again "Frank" what are you doing but running your mouth?

Dan/W4NTI

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
[...]

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

an_old_friend September 4th 05 12:56 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
You don't get it do you "Frank Gilliland". I'm not bragging....all I'm
doing is TRYING to show you malcontent jerks that Ham Radio is Alive and
Well. And damn sure capable of "earning its pay". But I guess you and y=

our
kind won't ever understand that.

you are braging,

[...]

News=3D=3D----
Newsgroups
----=3D East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
=3D----

KØHB September 4th 05 01:32 AM

"an_old_friend" wrote

you are braging,

My granny always told me "It ain't bragging if you can do it."

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB
--
Grand Exhalted Liberator of the Electric Smoke

Dan/W4NTI September 4th 05 01:54 AM

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"an_old_friend" wrote

you are braging,

My granny always told me "It ain't bragging if you can do it."

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB
--
Grand Exhalted Liberator of the Electric Smoke

I guess I better not mention to him what I am doing with MARS also, eh?

That is bragging too, right?

Dan/W4NTI

KØHB September 4th 05 02:03 AM

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote

I guess I better not mention to him what I am doing with MARS also, eh?

Whatever you mention about Amateur Radio, "Old Friend" will denigrate it.

Beep beep!
de Hans, K0HB

Frank Gilliland September 4th 05 02:09 AM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:12:17 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote in
. net:

You don't get it do you "Frank Gilliland". I'm not bragging....

"I have ran several pieces of traffic from the disaster area tonight.
Made the calls and I'm damn proud of Ham Radio."

all I'm
doing is TRYING to show you malcontent jerks that Ham Radio is Alive and
Well.

Who is disputing that fact?

And damn sure capable of "earning its pay". But I guess you and your
kind won't ever understand that.

I understand it very well. I also understand that the state of ham
radio is not the topic. The topic is the twisted pleasure you get as a
result of the misery of others.

Oh and I'm sorry but the wife won't let me head out to the area. My ability
to walk is very limited. But she volunteered to go do her thing, she is a
Certified Nursing Assistant.

Good for her. At least -she- isn't in here begging for praise.

Again "Frank" what are you doing but running your mouth?

There you go again, trying to make this issue about me. Resolve your
own issues first, let the circumstances settle, and then maybe we can
discuss my contributions.

Frank Gilliland September 4th 05 02:24 AM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:54:49 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote in
. net:

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"an_old_friend" wrote

you are braging,

My granny always told me "It ain't bragging if you can do it."

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB
--
Grand Exhalted Liberator of the Electric Smoke

I guess I better not mention to him what I am doing with MARS also, eh?

That is bragging too, right?

Look at the subject line of this post. This entire thread was started
by you doing nothing -but- bragging; i.e, "how Ham Radio has stepped
up to the plate", how it's "showing its stuff", etc. Maybe you've
forgotten the definition of the word "brag"..... let me refresh your
failing memory, Dan:

brag -- v. [OFr, 'braguer'], to boast. n. 1. a boast; boasting. 2. a
person or thing boasted of. 3. a braggart.

braggart -- n. an offensively boastful person.

And it's certainly offensive when there are still people suffering
while you are carrying on about how great ham radio is and how you get
a warm fuzzy when you pass a couple messages. That's like a little kid
at a funeral begging for attention by making faces and yelling, "Look
at me! Look at me!". How old are you anyway, Dan?