Old September 10th 05, 11:16 PM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message

cut

Bravo Jerry....well put. I assure you there are very few folks here that
share the view of 'an old friend'.

only about a thrid of the regulars here

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 11th 05, 09:08 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

Just what do you consider "VITAL COMMS" ???

as i have said Vital ops are those that can't be handled by other
means, the failure of which to get through will cause substancail harm
to many people or additonal damage to infrastructure

So....none of the examples given by me or others in here is considered vital
comms to you. Well I am sure those that needed the messages send, and
those that got them considered them vital.

I will give you one more example of how ham radio got the job done, when
NOTHING ELSE WORKED.

My city, Anniston Alabama wanted to donate several Police Vehicles to the
city of Waveland MS. The city manager made several attempts to contact the
city in MS. NO WAY COULD HE GET THROUGH.

The city manager here knew a city employee was a Ham operator. He asked him
if he could help. He picked up the message and gave it to me, since he
was working at the time.

I passed that message within an hour. A day went by, no return call. That
evening on the regular Alabama Traffic Net I asked our member KB7BSA who was
in Biloxi if she could get someone into Waveland and see if they need the
Police cars.

She not only did just that, but did it herself by traveling to the town,
found the Chief of Police. He is sending people to pick them up today.

Do you think the people of Waveland are going to be happy that they now have
Police patrolling their town once again? Is that vital? Or could a CB
done it? Or GMRS ? Or carrier Pidgeon????

Since the post the post you are quoting I have heard of some
lifesavinng messgae but would stand behind the revised assertion that
most of the ARS traffic is H&W with some life saving traffic in the mix

OK, I get it now. Next Communication Emergency we will have you set up the
allowed traffic list.

But what I am seeing described is retail aid, in a disater of
wholescale proprotions

important but not vital

Retail aid? What the heck is that?

What traffic is being passed by the ARS that would affect the headlines
in this disaster, the only headlines that would be affected are the one
mentioning us by name

Who gives a damn about headlines.
Those that respond in this situation are looking to get the job done. Not
your approval.

Vital comms

I have been informed that the ARS can normaly allow to be complied list
of people in the shelters of the affected areas, I hear from SecHS
mouth that no such list yet exists after how many days

Well Mr. Know it all....The RED CROSS is responsible for getting the lists
at the Shelters. Then passing them as they see fit. The hams are there to
COMMUNICATE ....NOT MAKE POLICY.

Indeed I can recall being regalled with how Cw would rise to pass large
volumes of traffic for us in a disater such as this

When traffic is passed via the Region nets it is passed by CW. CW is being
used for H&W. I already told you this.

Lets get some specifics here . Then we shall see the Ham community tear
you
a new one.

Why BTW is someone holding the opinion that th ARS operations in
Katrina are important and valueble but not al though vital such a
threat to your ego?

A threat to my ego? All I am doing is TRYING to explain to that hole
between your ears that Ham Radio is doing something good here. But you
simply refuse to believe it because you are in a RF hole in Upper Michigan.
Get you attitude adjusted.

the ARS is doing better than I expected out of this, but not at all as
well as we have been lead to believe it could do

See what I mean? Even when you are shown what the Hams are doing, you
doubt it. YOU ARE ONE PARANOID SCREWBALL.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 11th 05, 10:31 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
See what I mean? Even when you are shown what the Hams are doing, you
doubt it. YOU ARE ONE PARANOID SCREWBALL.

Dan/W4NTI

You're aurging with an imbecile who along with some others just can't face
the fact that ham radio is playing a very important role in emergency
comms in this disaster and they don't have the ability, skills, knowledge,
or sense to be a part of it.

The local media here has done several spots about local hams being
involved, and yesterday a group were getting ready to deploy to the
affected area to set up more equipment.

Roger that......"Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up"
syndrome....hi hi.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 11th 05, 10:33 PM
an_old_friend

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
See what I mean? Even when you are shown what the Hams are doing, you
doubt it. YOU ARE ONE PARANOID SCREWBALL.

Dan/W4NTI

You're aurging with an imbecile who along with some others just can't
face the fact that ham radio is playing a very important role in
emergency comms in this disaster and they don't have the ability,
skills, knowledge, or sense to be a part of it.

No He is argueing with someone that Says the ARS is playing an
important role, but not an vital one, as are oyu

Old September 11th 05, 10:43 PM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

Just what do you consider "VITAL COMMS" ???

as i have said Vital ops are those that can't be handled by other
means, the failure of which to get through will cause substancail harm
to many people or additonal damage to infrastructure

So....none of the examples given by me or others in here is considered vital
comms to you. , and Well I am sure those that needed the messages send
those that got them considered them vital.

If you are going to critizse my use of languae you should try to do
better yourself

But guessing at the details "Well I am sure those that needed the
messages send those that got them considered them vital."

No I don't I see them as important, valueble, not vital, wether the
persons involved thought so matters little as they are not in a
position to be objective

[...]

not vital, and by the desciption I suspect that a carrier pigeon might
have done better, said pigeon would flown to waveland and not required
a repeat, as would have simply driving one of the police cars that
Anniston was prepared to send

Since the post the post you are quoting I have heard of some
lifesavinng messgae but would stand behind the revised assertion that
most of the ARS traffic is H&W with some life saving traffic in the mix

OK, I get it now. Next Communication Emergency we will have you set up the
allowed traffic list.

never said or suggested that the traffic sent was improper, just I see
the traffic passed as less important than you, which is not to say
unimportant.

But what I am seeing described is retail aid, in a disater of
wholescale proprotions

important but not vital

Retail aid? What the heck is that?

a metaphor which obviously you are not bright enough to follow

What traffic is being passed by the ARS that would affect the headlines
in this disaster, the only headlines that would be affected are the one
mentioning us by name

Who gives a damn about headlines.
Those that respond in this situation are looking to get the job done. Not
your approval.

Never said it required it

Indeed like Dave and Stevie you insist on adding your own meaning to
what I say, to point you fabricate statements

Vital comms

I have been informed that the ARS can normaly allow to be complied list
of people in the shelters of the affected areas, I hear from SecHS
mouth that no such list yet exists after how many days

cut

you want to try responding to what I am saying instead of making
fabrication let me know

Old September 12th 05, 03:35 AM
an_old_friend

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

No He is argueing with someone that Says the ARS is playing an
important role, but not an vital one, as are oyu

Ham radio is in some cases playing an important role, and in some cases
a very vital role. So what's your problem?

Dab is the one with the problem and perhaps yourself It seem it is not
allowed to dissgree about HOW important a role

Old September 12th 05, 03:40 AM
an_old_friend

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

A threat to my ego? All I am doing is TRYING to explain to that hole
between your ears that Ham Radio is doing something good here. But you
simply refuse to believe it because you are in a RF hole in Upper Michigan.
Get you attitude adjusted.

No Dan you are flaming me for not taking your view of just How
important that role is

Never said Ham wasn't doing somethinggood, never said it at all, merely
have stated that I don't see the value of that service as being as high
as you do. Saying that something isn't vital isn't saying something
isn't good, despite your instance to that effect

It's Got nothing to do with the fact I can't realy hear both side of
any of the traffic, I can hear NO ok but ofcourse not a word from the
stations answering them, mostly becuase either the prop is just wrong
to them or they are using beams and I am behind the reflector element

He needs an "opti-rectomy" to sever that nerve that runs from his ahole
to his eyes that gives him that crappy outlook on life.

ah Buzz your normal jerk hood but at least you cut enough from Dan crap
to maybe respond to. perhaps he will even read it before turning the
flame thrower back on

Old September 12th 05, 03:42 AM
an_old_friend

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

A threat to my ego? All I am doing is TRYING to explain to that hole
between your ears that Ham Radio is doing something good here. But you
simply refuse to believe it because you are in a RF hole in Upper Michigan.
Get you attitude adjusted.

No Dan you are flaming me for not taking your view of just How
important that role is, trying reading before you switch on the flame
thrower

Never said Ham wasn't doing somethinggood, never said it at all, merely
have stated that I don't see the value of that service as being as high
as you do. Saying that something isn't vital isn't saying something
isn't good, despite your instance to that effect

It's Got nothing to do with the fact I can't realy hear both side of
any of the traffic, I can hear NO ok but ofcourse not a word from the
stations answering them, mostly becuase either the prop is just wrong
to them or they are using beams and I am behind the reflector element

It s hard to believe that I need explain progation to you, but there it
is But of course you don't want me to judge the effort by what I can
hear, despite your insitance that I do so

Old September 12th 05, 04:17 AM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

an_old_friend wrote:

No He is argueing with someone that Says the ARS is playing an
important role, but not an vital one, as are oyu

Ham radio is in some cases playing an important role, and in some cases
a very vital role. So what's your problem?

Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 03:45 AM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Bonafied Proof of LIFE AFTER DEATH -- Coal Mine Rescue Ed Conrad Shortwave 0 July 6th 03 12:33 PM