Old October 6th 05, 03:57 AM
an old friend

From email as I only invited serious responses.:

From: Robert Kubichek ]
I think you owe me an apology, I was NOT criticizing your post.. I was
trying to prepare you for a dissapointment.... However, good luck if
you sell it for more than what I stated.... I know you will need it..

By the way, I have been a ham op for over 10 years...

Dear Robert,

As I replied in private and now in public. I do NOT owe you an
apology. Come to think of it, I do not OWE you ANYTHING. The only
disappointment here is that you never upgraded your license apparently
(from your response). Not that I care. Nor want to encourage you to
upgrade. Frankly, I couldn't give a **** less what you do with your
operating license and equipment infofar as it does not affect another
radio operator or cause a public nuisance which obviously USENET has
become a part of. The pity that I received from you was left at the
post box for some other sucker to take.

as I said please don't let the door hit you in the ass you leave

Regards

Old October 6th 05, 03:59 AM

I presume this is because you thought I couldn't read the first time?

Old October 6th 05, 04:03 AM
an old friend

I presume this is because you thought I couldn't read the first time?

you presume incorectly

but that is certainly possible since after all I did not send it in
morse

Old October 6th 05, 04:08 AM
Robert Kubichek

From email as I only invited serious responses.:

From: Robert Kubichek ]
[...]

Now before you hit reply, it seems that you're a somewhat fair minded
individual as you stood up to the blatant flamers for which I applaude
you for. That being said, I know what I'm doing when it comes to
equipment. You do see the "OBO" on the subject? I did intentionally
set it high because I am looking to come down on the price. But that
would be too obvious wouldn't it. So here I am spelling it out for you
and the rest of the people who read the thread.

OR BEST OFFER = OBO.

Ahh, now that's off my chest. enjoy. if you find yourself with a few
extra coins in your pocket, maybe a new toy would come in handy. Could
even attach it to Echolink or use a Echolink equipped repeater and talk
across the country. Great for the kids who are in college (give them
incentive) or the YL traveling around town. Toss it in the camper and
use it when you go hunting (assuming that you have a mobile rig in the
camper). And again, THE PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE.

Regards

And you are a fool, to quote a email sent directly to you that was NOT
POSTED in an open Newsgroup....
Now you know why I did NOT upgrade, its people like you that are
detrimental to the hobby.

Get a life...

--
Bob N9LVU
Old October 6th 05, 04:26 AM

Robert/Bob,

I received an unsolicited email from you that was not requested. I am
looking for offers or serious inquiries (condition of equipment, does
it come with a rubberduck.. yes btw). And you send me an email saying,
"You'll never get what you're asking for it." How do you know? HOW DO
YOU KNOW?!? If I don't, no worries, it goes on eBay eventually. But
to call me a fool? I think one should look it up in the dictionary:

From WordNet (r) 2.0: fool n 1: a person who lacks good judgment [syn:

{sap}, {saphead}, {muggins}, {tomfool}] 2: a person who is gullible and
easy to take advantage of [syn: {chump}, {gull}, {mark}, {patsy}, {fall
guy}, {sucker}, {soft touch}, {mug}] 3: a professional clown employed
to entertain a king or nobleman in the middle ages [syn: {jester},
{motley fool}]

As I still maintain good judgement for saying Or Best Offer, I think it
it YOU who is the fool. Am I taking advantage of you and your email,
Yes... I am. Because you were a fool to respond to me in a
non-professional manner (should have stuck to business and not
patronize me... would have save you a post to USENET for all
prosperity... you do realize that these posts are archived for years to
come). As for being a professional clown... I dislike clowns but I
don't mind being entertaining.

That being said, your lack of ambition to upgrade doesn't mean anything
to the world at large nor to me. As for the hobby, it's like
computers... it's still only the ****ing internet.

Old October 6th 05, 04:27 AM

Spelling, punctuation and proper sentence structure does count even if
your opinion doesn't.

Old October 6th 05, 05:01 AM

Even morse has proper sentence structure and punctuation.

Old October 6th 05, 05:11 AM

You are a lying fool to quote words I NEVER wrote. As I said before
"However, good luck if you sell it for more than what I stated.... I
know you will need it."

To prove a point, this is quoting... or "You are a lying fool..." is
quoting. So before you call me a liar, check yourself. You just might
break yourself.

From WordNet (r) 2.0: fool n 1: a person who lacks good judgment [syn:

{sap}, {saphead}, {muggins}, {tomfool}]

Fits you perfectly!

Oh such wit. I bow down to your supreme knowledge and mastery of the
English language for I shall never be worthy. *smirk*

That being said, your lack of ambition to upgrade doesn't mean anything
to the world at large nor to me.

Why do you call it lack of ambition??? Do you know me, or what I want?

I think I made that abundantly clear that I don't care to. What you do
with your license and equipment is your business... (didn't I say that?
Echo, echo..)

As for the hobby, it's like
computers... it's still only the ****ing internet.

It's funny how you can talk trash, and flame me for sending an email
directly to you, instead of for all to read. It is like you are using
the group(s) like a digital CB channel...

No **** sherlock. I've been in this ******** called the internet much
longer than I'd like to admit and way before it ever became popular.
As I've pointed out this is only the ****ing internet. If this were
the bands, I'd just come over to kick your ass in person rather than
subject children to have to listen to it. That's the quality of a good
operator - Knowing what is appropriate where.

---

Dear: Robert

[ ] sir [ ] clueless one [ ] twit [ ] great man on
campus
[ ] madam [ ] dweeb [ ] twerp [ ] comrade
[ ] Elvis [ ] moon beam [ ] boor [ ] Babe
[ ] Geek [ ] Boob [ ] Communist
[ ] Republican [ ] Democrat [ ] Liberal [ ] Conservative
[X] Other (ARS Station: N9LVU )

You are being gently flamed because.

--------------------
GENERAL
--------------------
[ ] you SCREAMED! (used all caps)
[ ] you posted the inanely stupid 'Make Money Fast' article
[ ] you posted the inanely stupid '$250 Cookie Recipe' article
[ ] you posted an inanely stupid magic weight-loss article
[ ] you posted an inanely stupid cheap s**t at high prices article
[ ] you posted an inanely stupid 'Fix Your Credit' article
[ ] you posted an inanely stupid "Good Time Virus" warning.
[X] you repeatedly have shown lack of humor
[ ] you have a SIG with more than 4 lines of ASCII graphics
[ ] you assumed that AOL/CIS/Prodigy founded the Internet
[X] you assumed that the Internet is a U.S. only phenomenon
[ ] Repeatedly requested info on where to find XXX stuff.
[ ] Repeatedly harassed people with androgynous names like Chris,
Jamie, or
Rajhatmalhaban, with "Are you a girl?" or "M/F?" questions.

--------------------
FOR LISTERVS (Open discussion Groups)
--------------------
[ ] you sent a please remove me from the list message to the
list rather than the list-sever
[ ] you continued a boring useless stupid thread
[ ] you repeatedly posted to the same thread that you just posted to
[ ] you repeatedly initiated incoherent, flaky, and mindless threads
[ ] you posted a piece riddled with profanities
[ ] you advocated Net censorship
[X] you repeatedly assumed unwarranted moral or intellectual
superiority
[X] you are under the misapprehension that this group is your preserve
[ ] you are apparently under compulsion to post to every thread
[ ] you are posting an anonymous attack
[ ] you responded to an obvious troll
[ ] you posted an obvious troll
[ ] you neglected to do research on the chosen subject
[ ] you asked a question that was covered in the available FAQ
[X] you redundantly covered the same point over and over
[X] you crossposted excessively
[ ] you used long lines, i.e. you didn't break up your lines after
60-70 characters, thereby making it hard to quote your post.
[ ] You posted a request to send business/get well cards to a little
boy with cancer who is trying to break the guiness book record.
[X] Over 90% of your post was quoted from a previous post.
[ ] Over 90% of your post was quoted from a previous post and your
addition
was "I agree" or "Me too."
[ ] Barged into a quiet little newsgroup/IRC channel/MUD/whatever and
started stinking up the place just because you read an article
about
the newsgroup/IRC channel/MUD/whatever in some magazine or hads
seen it
on TV etc....
[X] you discussed the following in a non-nutcase newsgroup;
[ ] hollow earth theory [ ] alien President theory
[ ] orbital mind control frisbees [ ] faith healing
[ ] government weather control [ ] Russian psychics
[ ] Squeaky Fromme [ ] the nation of France
[ ] robot spy bees [ ] sexually promiscuous space
aliens
[ ] "Manos, the Hands of Fate" [ ] Beavis & Butthead anything
[ ] flat earth theory [ ] government consipiracy
theory
[ ] the veracity of any X-Files plot (see all of the above)
[X] Other: That there is a world wide conspiracy against no-code
technicians for which you're completely clueless about the thread
author's original intent begging for retribution which will never come.

[ ] you considered the following to be reliable reference sources;
[ ] Golden Books' "Exploring Science", printed 1955
[ ] Any program covered by Talk Soup or [ ] SNL News
[ ] Oliver Stone [ ] Hard Copy [ ] Inside Edition
[ ] The National Enquirer [ ] The Sun [ ] NY Post
[ ] The Union Leader [ ] Pravda [ ] OMNI Magazine
[ ] Company Marketing Hype [ ] Microsoft [ ] The Simpsons
[ ] An unidentified, but obviously stupid, person or publication
[ ] Other:

In the future, you may wish to;

[ ] do not delete the "welcome to the list" message you recieved
when you joined
[ ] allow boring and useless threads to die
[ ] remember that not all newsreaders are threaded
[ ] recall that there are academic and commercial users on the net
[ ] remember that the Internet is multinational
[X] consider that others may know more about certain subjects than you
[X] exercise some humility
[X] be careful of where you are crossposting to
[ ] 'lurk' without posting for a few days to learn the forum of a group
[X] get used to being mocked
[X] stop volunteering for Armed Forces pharmaceutical experiments

I would like like to suggest that, for the common good, you;

[X] wait at least two hours before responding to another post
[ ] read the FAQ (frequently asked questions) list for the group
[ ] learn to use the 'kill' command to eliminate erroneous posts
[X] post only to alt.dev.null
[ ] selectively respond to threads after reading all new messages in
that thread
[ ] voluntarily apologize in a brief post
[ ] no longer contribute to this newsgroup/mailing list
[ ] no longer contribute to any newsgroup/mailing list
[ ] no longer contribute to the gene pool
[X] look into the possibility of medication for the above problems
[X] familiarize yourself with the history of the Internet
[X] familiarize yourself with the concept of:
[ ] patience [ ] tolerance [ ] caution
[X] common courtesy [ ] succinctness
[ ] vocabulary [ ] higher brain functions
[ ] Other:
[ ] Re-install what ever failed mental operating system
you are currently running on

Please save this message and review it occasionally to determine
your progress toward being;

[X] a useful member of Internet society
[ ] a less annoying member of Internet society
[ ] a human being
[ ] a fully-functional human being
[ ] a tolerable poster
[ ] integrated into humanity
[ ] re-integrated into the wild
[ ] Other:

Thank you for taking the time to read this form flame.