Old October 20th 05, 07:29 AM

Default a blast from the past the oldest a Google revaled for me of stevie's he sound almost reasonable

while stiing waitng for the next files on a work project I looked
around and found this post from Stevie

Proposed License Package is Reasonable
Jul 29 1998, 3:00 am
Hello to All,

With any change, there will always be turbulance. I've lived through
"Incentive Licensing", "No Code", etc, and nay-sayers of each predicted the
iminent ruination of the Amateur Radio Service. We're still here!

Personally, I think the proposal is well balanced, gives something to
almost everyone, and would be easy to implement. The FCC is going to go the
way of the majority of comments that it receives, but it will also have to
consider the cost effectivness of it. Reducing the written elements by two and
the code test by one means fewer 610's they have to deal with, therefore less
administrative costs.

Amateur radio is passing from being the leading edge of
radiotelecommunication technology to being an artform.

notice how Stevie agrees here with Len's contention of what the ARS
is

Fewer people get into
Ham radio because it's the front door to a career in technology as it once was.

and here

There's no reason for having essentially six classes of license. It doesn't
make any sense.

73 de Steve, K4YZ
Chattanooga, TN

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old October 20th 05, 07:46 AM
Dudly

wrote in message

while stiing waitng for the next files on a work project I looked
around and found this post from Stevie

Hope while you were "stiing" around you found other posts, too....

Old October 20th 05, 07:54 AM

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:46:52 -0500, "Dudly" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

while stiing waitng for the next files on a work project I looked
around and found this post from Stevie

Hope while you were "stiing" around you found other posts, too....

yes of course anything I find really interesting 'lll repost

Old October 20th 05, 10:38 AM
K4YZ

Default a blast from the past the oldest a Google revaled (revealed) for me of stevie's (Stevie's) he sound almost reasonable (More reasonable than Mark, at least.....)

wrote:
[...]

No, I don't.

Lennie (and you, for that matter) have argued that Amateur Radio
is anything BUT "artform" in communications. And with the removal of
the manual skill of Morse Code, what was left will fade even furhter
away.

Fewer people get into
Ham radio because it's the front door to a career in technology as it once was.

and here

Nope...STILL wrong.

Lennie argues that Amatur Radio itself does not produce the
technology...

My reference was to persons seeking to start a career towards
electronics.

Again and again, Markie, YOUR lack of English comprehension skills
scuttles your rant.

Idiot.

Steve, K4YZ