RadioBanter

-   -   Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/82042-windy-andersons-11-14-reply-comments.html)

Dave Heil November 16th 05 12:20 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

It should come as no surprise that Len Anderson's eight pages of
pontificating, self-important reply to the comments of Robert G.
Rightsell read almost exactly like his frequent pontificating,
self-important rants in r.r.a.p.

"Craft", "guild", "union", "self-styled elite group of traditionalists",
they're all there. Len's obligatory references to his military
experience of more than a half-century ago are there, but he carefully
reworked his "24/7" statement so that he personally isn't described as
having worked 24 hours per day for a week.

Leonard's remarks are carefully loaded with numerous references to
copious footnotes. One lets the Commission in on what PROFESSIONAL
periodicals he receives. Another tells the Commission of the woeful
failure of Fessenden's experiments in the use of amplitude modulated
telephony.

In typical Andersonesque fashion, Len calls some of Rightsell's comments
"not only egregious but an outright insult, not only to those of us who
worked responsibly in radio communications long ago, but to all the
planners of radio communications *in every other service except radio
amateurism* since the end of World War 2. [Isn't it supposed to be
"World War II"?] Len opines, "To be blunt, Mr. Rightsell engages in
self-puffery and nonsense". Additionally, our Leonard provides the
Commissioner's a lecture in a rundown of decade by decade progress in
the development of radio.

Len can't resist a few jabs at Joe Speroni's talley of comments on
05-235. He makes certain that the Commission is aware that Speroni is
"an unabashed proponent of radiotelegraphy in amateur radio, and has
been so for years" as if it were an unknown that Mr. Anderson is an
unabashed proponent of doing away with morse code exam in amateur radio
(and has been such for years).

Leonard H. Anderson, despite his self-declared several decades of
interest in amateur radio, nine years or so of posts to r.r.a.p and a
claim that he was going for an "Extra right out of the box" is *still
not a radio amateur*. On the positive side for Mr. Anderson, he is
still holding on to his tiny, dusty Johnson.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] November 16th 05 04:14 AM

Dave Heil wrote:
It should come as no surprise that Len Anderson's eight pages of
pontificating, self-important reply to the comments of Robert G.
Rightsell read almost exactly like his frequent pontificating,
self-important rants in r.r.a.p.

It should come as no suprise that Dave/K8MN has just posted his longest
post ever not providing the details or tips for aspiring DXers, but in
rediculing someone who has had an -almost- lifelong interest in radio.

Way to go, Dave. Pillar of the radio community. Good DX!

Dave Heil November 16th 05 06:20 AM

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
It should come as no surprise that Len Anderson's eight pages of
pontificating, self-important reply to the comments of Robert G.
Rightsell read almost exactly like his frequent pontificating,
self-important rants in r.r.a.p.

It should come as no suprise that Dave/K8MN has just posted his longest
post ever not providing the details or tips for aspiring DXers, but in
rediculing someone who has had an -almost- lifelong interest in radio.

"Rediculing"? You've spent so much time conversing with Mark that
you're starting to write like him. If I'd wanted to post an
instructional message on DXing, I'd likely post it to the DX newsgroup.

In my comments to the Commission, I did not find it necessary to target
a single individual or group, nor did I use terms like "puffery",
"egregious" or "insulting". Your organ grinder pal hasn't yet taken the
first baby step toward obtaining an amateur radio license in all these
many years. He hasn't gotten into amateur radio. He isn't in amateur
radio. He will not be in amateur radio, no matter what he writes here.

Carry on, little red-hatted monkey.

Dave K8MN

Way to go, Dave. Pillar of the radio community. Good DX!

[email protected] November 16th 05 11:20 AM

Dave Heil wrote:

In my comments to the Commission, I did not find it necessary to target
a single individual or group, nor did I use terms like "puffery",
"egregious" or "insulting".

That's just typical Len behavior, Dave. Check the reply comments about
ARRL, and the one about Extra Class licenses, etc.

What Len fails to understand is that such carryings-on are simply
delaying
the R&O.

Your organ grinder pal hasn't yet taken the
first baby step toward obtaining an amateur radio license in all these
many years.

Actually that's not quite true, Dave.

Some months back, Len mentioned here that he had once, way back
in the 1950s, set about learning Morse Code. Claimed he'd actually
gotten up to about 6-8 wpm or so before deciding all the 'hard work'
wasn't worth it. That was just about the time 27 MHz cb came along,
and he jumped on that.

What I think happened is this: Len discovered that unlike "book
learning",
he didn't pick up on the Morse Code in a few quick lessons. For him it
took some 'hard work' to learn, and that conflicted with his view of
himself
as a 'professional in radio-electronics'. Not only that, but learning
Morse
Code would not help Len 'PROFESSIONALLY' - there was no money
reward waiting. So he gave up.

He hasn't gotten into amateur radio. He isn't in amateur
radio. He will not be in amateur radio, no matter what he writes here.

Which would lead any logical person to wonder why he's so interested
in amateur radio regulations. He won't say *why* all this matters so
much to him.

73 de Jim, N2EY

K4YZ November 16th 05 02:39 PM

an old friend wrote:
ah I guess Dave does not like american doing their civic duty

CIVIC DUTY...?!?!?

BBBWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I "dared" to challenge one of Lennie's comments to the FCC in
EXACTLY the same manner and he went on for Y E A R S about how I
allegedly tried to challenge his "right" to seek redress from the
government! ! ! !

Lennie goes one further! He actually "WARNS" the commentor about
HIS comments IN THE REPLY TO THE FCC ! ! ! ! ! !

WTF is LENNIE to "WARN" anyone...?!?! He doesn't even qualify to
be a school crossing guard!

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING "civic" about Lennie's intent or
comments. It was nothing but hateful bile polished by self-promoting
pontification.

Steve, K4YZ

an old friend November 16th 05 04:52 PM

K4YZ wrote:
an old friend wrote:
ah I guess Dave does not like american doing their civic duty

CIVIC DUTY...?!?!?

yes civic duty
cuting stevie crying

I "dared" to challenge one of Lennie's comments to the FCC in
EXACTLY the same manner and he went on for Y E A R S about how I
allegedly tried to challenge his "right" to seek redress from the
government! ! ! !

becuase you did

you tried to get the FCC to violate the Consititution of the US becuase
you don't like Len anderson. Personaly I am glad you did, made anything
else you tired to say all but unread

Lennie goes one further! He actually "WARNS" the commentor about
HIS comments IN THE REPLY TO THE FCC ! ! ! ! ! !

WTF is LENNIE to "WARN" anyone...?!?! He doesn't even qualify to
be a school crossing guard!

rant away Stevie boy

all you are doing is proving that you do not respect the Constitution
or the process of law

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING "civic" about Lennie's intent or
comments. It was nothing but hateful bile polished by self-promoting
pontification.

showing do you don't know the meaning of the word "civic"

Civic" duty does not imply any requirement to agree with a narrow
minded proven bogot like yourself

Steve, K4YZ

an old friend November 16th 05 05:36 PM

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005 07:52:58 -0800, "an old friend"
wrote in .com:

snip
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING "civic" about Lennie's intent or
comments. It was nothing but hateful bile polished by self-promoting
pontification.

showing do you don't know the meaning of the word "civic"

Civic" duty does not imply any requirement to agree with a narrow
minded proven bogot like yourself

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!

it is funny i suppose in some sence that it needs to be evn stated is
not as funny

Dave Heil November 16th 05 07:24 PM

wrote in .com:

Civic" duty does not imply any requirement to agree with a narrow
minded proven bogot like yourself

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!

Yeah. I found the word "bogot" kind of amusing myself.

Dave K8MN