RadioBanter

-   -   Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/82042-windy-andersons-11-14-reply-comments.html)

Steveo November 18th 05 11:00 PM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:

I has to do with
getting a license to operate on ham radio. Something that seems quite
beyond your capabilities.

When are you going to attempt the test, no-call?

\

Just renewed my license, no license boy.

Riiiight.

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/4702/commode2ie.jpg

[email protected] November 19th 05 01:32 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

From: K4YZ on Nov 17, 7:15 pm

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.

[inaccurate heilian imagination...]

I still believe that Lennie had some "run-in" with an Amateur at
some point. No doubt Lennie tried to bluff the other Amatuer into
"signing off" on a Conditional or other such thing since he already
professed to "know it all".

Poor iggorant little Dudly. Sorry to bust your big balloon,
but, other than doing some code practice in the early 1960s,
I HAVEN'T BOTHERED to get any AMATEUR radio license. :-)

If you wish to make a mountain out of a molehill, you can
get some staffer at Newington to look into my correspondence
with the late Vic Clark, then President of ARRL. That was
in the late 1970s to 1980. That MIGHT be called a "run-in"
but I'd say it was just the ultra-superior, don't bother me
attitude of the League. It concerned a new movement to
eliminate the morse code test for amateur radio. All those
in-power 20 WPM Extras would have none of that!

That movement would grow slowly until the FCC got convinced
(against League wishes) that a no-code-test Technician class
license got created. [see FCC 90-53 copy at www.nocode.org]

"Amateur," not 'Amatuer." :-)

His one and only attempt to get a license by deceit rebuffed, he's
set upon a mission to undermine Amateur Radio at any and all

opportunities. To hell with the mere mortals, HE was a PROFESSIONAL!

Poor baby, mad as hell and can't take it anymore? :-)

You think elimination of the code test is "undermining"
amateur radio? I don't think so. Roughly half the U.S.
amateur radio community doesn't think so (if the 0.6% of
all licensees is a good sampling). Many Amateur Extras
of long experience have accepted complete removal of code
testing according to WT Docket 05-235 comments.

"Professional?" Of course. I expect to get paid for my
work. If that is some "ethical crime" then ALL the unions
and guilds and trade organizations are "guilty!" :-)

I've been a professional (getting paid for services done)
since 1948...and that is on record at the IRS. "I EARNED
my money the old-fashioned way...I WORKED for it!"]

"Deceit?" Not with/to the government of the United States.
Nope. Not even to the IRS. Been audited twice, no
problems, just misunderstanding situations...one on my
part, other on the IRS' part, both on professional
deductions. That was settled amicably and all satisfied.

Have I "deceived" any VE or any FCC Field Office? NO.
I kept my First Phone renewed, a simple mail-in process,
until and past the R&O changed all Commercial Radio-
telephone operator licenses to the single General Radio-
telephone Operator License (GROL). I applied for, and
got, a Private Land Mobile Radio Service license for
business purposes (a small partnership) and provided all
the correct follow-on documentation for that until the
business was dissolved (more paperwork). I applied for and
got a CB radio license back when licenses were required,
kept those renewed until another R&O removed any need for
licensing. I did not need a Restricted 3rd Class Radio-
telephone license (no test for those) to operate any
commercial radio transmitters since my 1st Phone covered
those, both for business purposes and as a student pilot
back in the early 1960s. When I've operated commercial
equipment, as once for RCA Corporation using borrowed
NBC UHF radios, the appropriate signatures of officials
were duly recorded on my current First Phone license.
When I did some part-time work in AM and FM broadcasting,
the back of the current First Phone was duly recorded
by the Chief Engineer.

I have NEVER taken any amateur radio license test with
any FCC Field Office or VEC organization...nor have I
tried to "deceive" anything in saying my experience is a
substitute for testing. I am simply advocating an end
to morse code testing for an amateur radio license
examination. That YOU don't like that is not of my
concern. That YOU lie and attempt to accuse me of
lying IS of my concern. I try to put an end to it by
showing your lies but all you do is generate more lies
of your own.

Have I taken ANY amateur radio license tests? Only
the "practice variety," such as the practice test on
www.qrz.com and a private, but widely circulated test
set. Did I pass them? YES. Each element, each time.
Were those "aced?" No. Scores were not exceptional
but they were above the minimum level needed to pass.
Questions on regulations were a weakness. Where the
wrong answers were pointed out, I went back to the
regulations to get them right in my mind. Have I
resumed any "code practice?" No. I have three
computer programs on that in my PC archives but have
only used them long enough to see that they run.

Do I need any fancy title to enhance my "braq
quotionent?" No. I am secure in what I can do and
what I can't do, have had a long time of operating
radio transmitters legally (half century) on the EM
spectrum from LF on through to 25 GHz. Amateur
licensees can't go where I've been in the EM spectrum
without holding a Commercial radio license or knowing
the applicable regulations for that service where
such transmission is permitted (such as private boat
radios) without any license.

Is a federally-supervised or VEC-supervised or
COLEM-supervised morse code test "necessary" to
"round out my experience." No. I do not consider
morse code telegraphy to be useful for anything but
hobby radio. I do not have the fantasies of
greatness in radio through morsemanship, therefore
the morsemanship is of no use to me in any way.
Let those who enjoy the mode enjoy it...and NOT
force newcomers to ANY radio service to learn it
because of federal regulations requiring it.

If YOUR fantasy of greatness is disturbed by the
thoughts expressed above, that is YOUR problem to
deal with, not mine. If you need your TS card
punched, go to your minister, rabbi, chaplain, or
witch doctor and have THEM punch it.

Fork yourself, Dudly. You're done.

Dave Heil November 19th 05 02:11 AM

From: K4YZ on Nov 17, 7:15 pm

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.

[inaccurate heilian imagination...]

Inaccurate is quite right. I didn't right the paragraph above your
one-liner, Windy.

I still believe that Lennie had some "run-in" with an Amateur at
some point. No doubt Lennie tried to bluff the other Amatuer into
"signing off" on a Conditional or other such thing since he already
professed to "know it all".

Poor iggorant little Dudly. Sorry to bust your big balloon,
but, other than doing some code practice in the early 1960s,
I HAVEN'T BOTHERED to get any AMATEUR radio license. :-)

There you go. You can't be bothered. So what's with the amateur radio
fetish, Len? Were you beaten with a Lightning Bug as a child?

If you wish to make a mountain out of a molehill, you can
get some staffer at Newington to look into my correspondence
with the late Vic Clark, then President of ARRL.

I'm sure it is all neatly archived. They just need to grab the "Leonard
H. Anderson" accordian folder.

That was
in the late 1970s to 1980. That MIGHT be called a "run-in"
but I'd say it was just the ultra-superior, don't bother me
attitude of the League.

....or they might have put your correspondence in the bug file.

It concerned a new movement to
eliminate the morse code test for amateur radio. All those
in-power 20 WPM Extras would have none of that!

So your ideas were dismissed and you've never gotten over it. I knew
Vic Clark. He was a fine person.

That movement would grow slowly until the FCC got convinced
(against League wishes) that a no-code-test Technician class
license got created. [see FCC 90-53 copy at
www.nocode.org]

It isn't exactly a civil rights movement, is it, Len? Did you guys
stage a big march on Newington?

"Amateur," not 'Amatuer." :-)

His one and only attempt to get a license by deceit rebuffed, he's
set upon a mission to undermine Amateur Radio at any and all

opportunities. To hell with the mere mortals, HE was a PROFESSIONAL!

Poor baby, mad as hell and can't take it anymore? :-)

That seems to sum up your attitude, poor baby.

You think elimination of the code test is "undermining"
amateur radio? I don't think so.

I think so and I'm *in* amateur radio.

Roughly half the U.S.
amateur radio community doesn't think so (if the 0.6% of
all licensees is a good sampling).

Roughly half? It looks like under half of the sampling.

Many Amateur Extras
of long experience have accepted complete removal of code
testing according to WT Docket 05-235 comments.

....and many others (and licensees of other than Extra Class ticket
holders) disagree.

"Professional?" Of course. I expect to get paid for my
work. If that is some "ethical crime" then ALL the unions
and guilds and trade organizations are "guilty!" :-)

Are you an organization, Len? I was paid for my job. I've been paid as
a musician. I'm not paid as a radio amateur. I'm not paid as an
amateur astronomer.

Do I need any fancy title to enhance my "braq
quotionent?" No.

No, I don't think you need anything additional to brag about, Len. You
seem to do just fine the way things are. You might want to brush up on
spelling if you want to include that in your "braq quotionent".

I am secure in what I can do and
what I can't do, have had a long time of operating
radio transmitters legally (half century) on the EM
spectrum from LF on through to 25 GHz.

The things you are unable to do--you're secure in them?

Amateur
licensees can't go where I've been in the EM spectrum
without holding a Commercial radio license or knowing
the applicable regulations for that service where
such transmission is permitted (such as private boat
radios) without any license.

Looks like your "braq quotionent" is doing fine.

Is a federally-supervised or VEC-supervised or
COLEM-supervised morse code test "necessary" to
"round out my experience." No. I do not consider
morse code telegraphy to be useful for anything but
hobby radio. I do not have the fantasies of
greatness in radio through morsemanship, therefore
the morsemanship is of no use to me in any way.
Let those who enjoy the mode enjoy it...and NOT
force newcomers to ANY radio service to learn it
because of federal regulations requiring it.

There's a nip in the air and the winter winds are gusting, Len. Stand
here by the lodge hall window. Use your tattered jacket sleeve to wipe
away some of the condensation.

Some of the fellows are standing by the fireplace. The flames dance and
the pleasant scent of burning oak lingers in the room. A couple of
fellows are discussing their DXCC totals on Top Band. Look--four of the
members are sipping their hot buttered rum and laughing. By golly, I
think one of them mentioned "Anderson". I think they mean *you*, Len.

You poor, ignored blighter. You're still standing out in the cold and
looking in. I guess you showed us.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil November 19th 05 02:22 AM

From: K4YZ on Nov 17, 7:15 pm

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.

[inaccurate heilian imagination...]

Inaccurate is quite right. I didn't right the paragraph above your

*write*
one-liner, Windy.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil November 19th 05 02:53 AM

From: on Nov 15, 7:14 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
It should come as no surprise that Len Anderson's eight pages of
pontificating, self-important reply to the comments of Robert G.
Rightsell read almost exactly like his frequent pontificating,
self-important rants in r.r.a.p.

It should come as no suprise that Dave/K8MN has just posted his longest
post ever not providing the details or tips for aspiring DXers, but in
rediculing someone who has had an -almost- lifelong interest in radio.

Way to go, Dave. Pillar of the radio community. Good DX!

Pillar? Pillar of salt...Lots :-)

Grab yer piller and have a nice nap, old timer.

Poor Davie...if he had looked back over 3,783 filings on WT
Docket 05-235 he would have seen MORE! Woulda liquified
his "salt". MELT-DOWN! :-)

If I didn't MELT-DOWN after reading your eight listed documents, I don't
think there's any chance that I ever would. I think you may be the
champion of verbosity for all documents submitted, Windy. Tsk, tsk.
Pip pip and a "poor baby" or two.

Well, Davie ought to go back into the ECFS and look under
WT Docket 98-143 on 25 January 1999. He can see Dudly the
Imposter's name there. Ten days AFTER the official
(extended twice) END of filings on 98-143 ol' Dud tried to
get the FCC to turn a deaf ear to me. Davie has about 8
days to do the same, repeating history of the elite meeting
to beat...down those against the code test. :-)

I see. Steve made a comment about you and that excuses all of your
attacks for all time.

You exhibit a lack of class, Len.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] November 19th 05 04:23 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

wrote:

Hello? Can we say Davie is also pompous and arrogant?

You just did, Len.

Nope. Extra Morsemen are allowed any kind of personal insult
against others while all NCTA have to be "kind," "gracious,"
and "civil" to them. :-)

Actually, it's the other way around.

Using my RIGHTS as a citizen.

As are all of us who filed comments.

Tsk, tsk, Extra Morsemen want
NCTAs to abrogate their citizenship rights. Not good.

Also not true.

Yep, as Hans Brakob has pointed out on a number of occasions, Len is the
organ grinder; you are the red-hatted monkey.

Hans the Dump Huck caller?

Once more, Extra Morsemen think they have civility immunity.

I guess phrases like "shut the hell up, you little USMC feldwebel" are
Len's idea of civility.

I'm only retired from REGULAR HOURS. :-)

So you're irregular, huh?

Just finished a contract
job trying to find a better way to protect against tin dendrites
in consumer-grade PCBs made with lead-free solder. We found a
slightly-better way that had already been done, but no cheap way,
sad to say.

In other words, you FAILED, Len....

In case anyone has been on the Outer Planets in the past decade,
the Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) is THE thing in
electronics production now.

We know, Len.

Problem is, without the lead in
conventional solder, tin will grow tiny, tiny "whiskers" (called
tin dendrites) that can short out circuit traces.

Yep.

Happens long
after production soldering. Can't use a simple meter like the
old standard Simpson 260...too much ohmmeter current...blows
open the dendrite and desposits it back on the traces.

Awww....

You're missing the bigger problem.

The reason for all the concern with hazardous substances in electronics
is because of their effect on the waste stream. "Modern" consumer
electronics are usually not designed to be easily or economically
repairable, so if something fails it is usually replaced rather than
repaired. Worse, the rapid changes in technology have resulted in a
large volume of working-but-outdated electronics (mostly computers)
being discarded rather than recycling.

Rather than trying to recycle and reuse, the regulators are trying to
stop the problem at the source. A bad solution, but you'd think the
PROFESSIONALS would have seen that one coming....

Woger November 19th 05 05:23 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

Poor, sad Lennie. His Relys runneth over yet again.

Incontinence, north and south, seems to be his trademark.

[email protected] November 19th 05 07:27 AM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

From: Dave Heil on Nov 18, 6:11 pm

From: K4YZ on Nov 17, 7:15 pm
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.

[inaccurate heilian imagination...]

Inaccurate is quite right. I didn't right the paragraph above your
one-liner, Windy.

"Right," Man of La Mancha...:-)

But Jimmie's prose is in the finest heilian tradition
of Writing Rongs. :-)

There you go. You can't be bothered. So what's with the amateur radio
fetish, Len? Were you beaten with a Lightning Bug as a child?

Sorry, Davie, you'll have to clean your own mirror above
your computer...too many bugs on it.

"Fetish?" :-) All for wanting to toss out an old, out-dated
code test that isn't useful to anyone but some old farts like
yourself?

Oh, yes, I remember your EXCUSES for using "CW" on a TTY
circuit in Africa someplace...you had to "synchronize"
your TTY machines.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wish to make a mountain out of a molehill, you can
get some staffer at Newington to look into my correspondence
with the late Vic Clark, then President of ARRL.

I'm sure it is all neatly archived. They just need to grab the "Leonard
H. Anderson" accordian folder.

Tsk, I didn't bother to keep mine, went in recycling years
ago. FCC 90-53 made it just the same. "One small step
for code test elimination, one giant leap for Technicians."

Did you know that both Tech classes together constitute almost
HALF of all U.S. amateur radio license grants? True!

So your ideas were dismissed and you've never gotten over it. I knew
Vic Clark. He was a fine person.

Of course he was. You've met everyone of note. They visit
you at one of your embassies? :-)

Vic Clark expired years ago, Davie.

You say nice-nice about the long-ago dead? That's nice.

It isn't exactly a civil rights movement, is it, Len? Did you guys
stage a big march on Newington?

Ohm my, aren't you the nasty fella? :-)

"Newington" isn't the center of the universe. It isn't even the
center of the hamiverse. What comes out of there is poesy of
the good old days in hamme radddio...following in the nightly
yellow footsteps of the Great One, "T.O.M."

Sorry, lil Davie, but there was a "comment march" on Washington.
3,786 filings worth on WT Docket 05-235.

The anti-code-test movement is gaining momentum. The year
2005 isn't 1935 anymore and fewer and fewer people are
agreeing with the code-aholics.

Try to learn to live with it. It's for your own good.

You think elimination of the code test is "undermining"
amateur radio? I don't think so.

I think so and I'm *in* amateur radio.

Then dig your barricades deep. When the bulldozers over-
run you, more of your body parts will stay attached to
your body.

Roughly half the U.S.
amateur radio community doesn't think so (if the 0.6% of
all licensees is a good sampling).

Roughly half? It looks like under half of the sampling.

ROUGHLY HALF, lil Davie.

Of course you are going to ARGUE your lil pointy nose off
that Joe Speroni's BIASED (definitely pro-code)
interpretations are some kind of super accuracy and
"valid." They aren't, but he's a morseman extra and
he's okay. :-)

Are you an organization, Len? I was paid for my job.

By the Department of State. You WERE from the government
and were there to "help." Which may explain the bad image
of the USA outside of our borders.

I've been paid as a musician.

Union or scab? [wanna see my AFTRA card? :-) ]

I'm not paid as a radio amateur.

No? Awwwwww....

I'm not paid as an amateur astronomer.

Neither are you required to have ANY license to look at
frequencies higher than 300 GHz...such as way, way up
in light. :-)

Does Palomar know about you? Does Schmidt help you?

No, I don't think you need anything additional to brag about, Len.

Davie, baby, "it ain't braggin' if ya DONE it. I done it."

Remember who used that Dizzy Dean misquote in here first?

You seem to do just fine the way things are.

Quite right, La Manchie...

You might want to brush up on
spelling if you want to include that in your "braq quotionent".

YESSIR, Mr. Herr Robust! I vill do as you kommand!

I vill WRIGHT all my RONGS! [just like you did]

The things you are unable to do--you're secure in them?

Absolutely.

Tsk, tsk, there are so many NEW things coming up, things
that weren't here before, that there's PLENTY of new
stuff to explore, to experiment with, to fool around with.

Looks like your "braq quotionent" is doing fine.

HAY La Manchie, Ise doing lak ya said, tryin' ta WRITE mah
RONGS.

You gotsa prollem wid dat?

There's a nip in the air and the winter winds are gusting, Len.

Ooooo...you're RIGHT, OAT got down to mebbe 60 F tonight!

Stand here by the lodge hall window.

Good lord, WHY? I had lunch at Guild Headquarters today,
nice fellowship there. Food was okay.

I don't belong to any "lodge," sweetums. Haven't done that
drunken bit down at any VFW Lodge.

Use your tattered jacket sleeve to wipe
away some of the condensation.

Oh, oh...you've been cribbing your ill-literations from old
Reader's Digest magazines, haven't you?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Some of the fellows are standing by the fireplace. The flames dance and
the pleasant scent of burning oak lingers in the room. A couple of
fellows are discussing their DXCC totals on Top Band. Look--four of the
members are sipping their hot buttered rum and laughing. By golly, I
think one of them mentioned "Anderson". I think they mean *you*, Len.

Not me, sweetums, they tawkin 'bout Anderson PowerPole connectors
for their mo-bile rigs.

Judas H. Priest, you lay those ill-literations on so thick
that the lowest-grade Associate Editor at Boys' Life would
yank it out of the slushpile and toss it in the circular
file muy pronto.

Dinna wurra, laddie, Boys' Life magazine will send you a nice,
polite form-letter REJECTION. Forget the Digest. Enquirer
doesn't go for THAT kind of syrupy, sloppy prose; I know a
free-lancer who does sell to NE. Maybe you could try the
poetry journals...don't know much about them.

"Fireplace?" "Burning oak leaves?" Mid-afternoon OAT (that's
Outside Air Temperature to you ground-bound earthlings) got
to 82 F today. Be about the same tomorrow. Gotta cut the
lawn tomorrow but that will be easy with my cordless electric
Craftsman mower (made by Black & Decker).

You poor, ignored blighter. You're still standing out in the cold and
looking in. I guess you showed us.

Sorry, you're thinking of Val Germann. He's been an unmodified
Tech for over three years. [my micro-fiber jacket isn't
tattered, you've got the wrong guy...]

I was hangin' with some NBC West Coast Hq types at lunch. We
weren't talking about hamme raddddio. HDTV and remote pickup
trucks and some new graphics imaging came up like the Oscars
show and other events to be done in wide-screen. Lookin'
good in the neighborhood.

You got any DTV-compatible TVs, lil Davie? Nice stuff there on
cable TV service. Comcast has two cable channels for nothing
but wide-screen TV, lovely imagery, looks wonderful on the
27" LCD flat-panel we just got. Saw "Alias" and "CSI" in
wide-screen last night (Thursday). Great stuff. Action and
drama. Recreation! Enjoyment!

Nah...you don't want that "crap," do you? You and your rum-
sipping buddies gotta grin about "pioneering the airwaves"
with "CW" and making all those point scores. Keep up the
wunnaful, wunnaful vurk on DX...I hope your Orion can reach
the Dakotas to pay amateur tribute to Law-rence the box-
squeezer. "Ay vun an a too..." :-)

Watch out on too much rum-sipping, old-timer. Follow the
mathematician's warning: "Don't drink and derive!"

Fork yourself, Dave. You're done.

[email protected] November 19th 05 12:32 PM

Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

wrote:
From:
on Thurs 17 Nov 2005 18:36
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Here, Len uses emoticons and SHOUTS by using all capitals. His
submissions to FCC are full of italics, bold text, and numbered
footnotes.

using italics in filings on Dockets at the FCC?

Your comments look childish, Len. Over the top, flamboyant, trying to
get attention by style rather than substance.

But of course you never say something in three words when three hundred
will do.

I remember Len referring to FCC Chairman Powell as "Mikey". As if he'd
actually address Mr. Powell that way....

No problem with me,
I'm not afraid of authority.

It's not about fear.

Some months back, Len mentioned here that he had once, way back
in the 1950s,

actually, the early 1960s

set about learning Morse Code. Claimed he'd actually
gotten up to about 6-8 wpm or so before deciding all the 'hard work'
wasn't worth it. That was just about the time 27 MHz cb came along,
and he jumped on that.

Other way around - he was on cb first.

No, no, NO, Jimmie, MUCH lower in frequency than that...somewhere
around 9 MHz if memory serves. Was in early February 1953, using
a BC-339 1 KW transmitter.

Built, paid for, and installed by others.

In his own words, he just "GAVE UP".

Oh, you mean "did I give up" on learning more morse code?
Yes, I did. Roughly six years later in California I gave
up on bothering to continue learning morse code.

Sure - beccause it took too much time and effort on your part. It
was hard work for you, and you thought it was not worthy of your
time and effort.

think that a "crime?"

No. You made your choice - you "GAVE UP".

Of course he does. He's a
religious zealot MORSEMAN! A proselyte for the Church of
St. Hiram.

Nope. Not at all.

Your point may be valid but I learned the Morse Code in the Scouts,
before I had any idea of becoming a ham. The fellow who taught it did
it right. There was no counting of dots and dashes. He linked the
letter sounds to groups of words like "here comes the bride" for "Q".
It wasn't work; it was fun. Brushing up my code a couple of years later
before taking the Novice exam wasn't any work either.

I learned it by listening to hams using Morse Code on 80 meters. I
first had to build myself a receiver, though.

Bully bull bull to Davie for being a Scout. And to Jimmie
Noserve for "building his own receiver!"

Did you ever build a working receiver, Len?

Such advanced teen-agers!

Actually, I wasn't a teenager when I built the receiver I used to learn
Morse Code - I was 12 years old. I built my first receiver, a simple
AM BC set, when I was 10.

Did you both get nice, pretty merit badges?

No. The receivers were their own reward.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.

Basically, Jimmie boy, you are full of snit.

I don't see any point in learning what was ONCE the only way
to communicate in radio in order to get an AMATEUR license.

That's fine, Len. Then you don't get the license and you're not a
radio amateur. Works for me.

And you've just verified what I said - you think you are too good to
have to learn Morse Code. Not worth your time and effort.

Tsk, tsk...you forget (conveniently and whenver possible)
that I'd already operated transmitters (note plural) on HF
many years before.

No, you didn't *operate* them. You were a technician, following
the direction and supervision of others. Somebody told you to
put transmitter A on frequency B using antenna C and connect it
to incoming line D, and you (actually about three technicians) did that
according to a prearranged procedure.

That's certainly experience but it's not amateur radio experience. And
the FCC does not consider it as qualification to operate an amateur
radio station.

Want to see them?

Already did.

Here's a link:

http://sujan.hallikainen.org/Broadca...s/My3Years.pdf

"my 3 years" - as if the place was all about you.

You might want to tell the United States ARMY on your demand
that all radio operators must get an amateur radio license
FIRST.

No demand, Len. You're very mistaken about that.

After all, it's been possible to get a Technician class license without
a code test for more than 14 years. All FCC-issued amateur licenses
have been available for just a 5 wpm code test for 15 years now.

THIRD MAJOR MISTAKE in one posting!

FCC 99-412 ordered all morse code test rates for
radio amateur licenses to be fixed a 5 words-per-minute
beginning in 2000. That was only FIVE years ago. Not "15."

Medical waivers.

Back in 1990, it became possible to obtain any class of FCC-issued
amateur license with just a 5 wpm code test. All it took was 5 wpm for
Novice and Technician, and 5 wpm plus a medical waiver for General,
Advanced and Extra. A medical waiver simply required a letter signed
by a doctor (M.D. or D.O.) stating that the person found it difficult
learn Morse Code well enough to pass the test. No specific ailment
or disability need be named, and the problem didn't have to be
permanent.

Your irrational reactions here prove that Morse Code testing - and the
Morse
Code itself - have an intense psychological effect on you. That
irrationality
could have gotten you a medical waiver easily.