Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 05, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Jerry

Default weird ass hams

"Steveo" wrote in message
ps.com...
ever notice the strange looking **** hams wear........like those queer
looking vests and hats with callsigns???

hams are the weirdest,queerest mother****ers in the world!

OH? Would you have said that to Marlon Brando? General Curtis LeMay? Patty
Loveless? Joe Walsh (guitarist for The Eagles & and. yes, I've talked to
him!) How about Andy Devine? Walter Cronkite? Jerry Shatz (kid who played
the spoiled rich kid on the Our Gang comedies and later sustained severe
injuries during a kamakaze attack on the USS Sigsbee off Okinawa during
WWII, Bill Leonard, former President of CBS News, George Pataki, Gov. of New
York, Chet Atkins (SK), Larry Junstrom, Bass guitarist for rock group 38
Special, Al Kahn, founder of "Electro-Voice", Bill Reynolds, son of the
founder of RJ Reynolds Tabacco Co, Lance Bass, INSYNC pop singer, Emory
Gordy, husband of Patty Loveless and country music producer, Paul Tibbets,
BrigGen, and pilot of Enola Gay of atomic bomb fame, Howard Hughes (aviator,
KNOWN womanizer, and eccentric inventor), Stu Cook, Bass player for Credence
Clearwater Revival, Dick Rutan, pilot and adventurer, John Huston, film
director, Tex Beneke, lead tenor sax player for Glenn Miller and band
leader, and a whole host of innovators, leaders in both civilian and
military life. Hardly "wierd, queer or MF people" as your jealous and
lowball statement fails miserably to suggest. Hams tend to be pretty
successful and multi-talented people. They also tend to have MANY hobbies,
and many times, if you find a ham you will find that they are pilots up to
commercial and jet-rated, multi-engine, woodworkers, play a musical
instrument, read extensively, are highly intelligent, hold high paying jobs,
and *may* own one or more antique cars. They will also have additional
interests such as railroads, and collecting various items. This is
indicated in the list above and flatly debunks your lowball assertions about
Amateur Radio where there is a cross section of the famous and not so famous
who, I am sure, would knock your block off if you said such to their faces
and some, I am certain, would be quite capable of doing so. Joe Walsh (The
Eagles)is a pretty big fella, and I wouldn't want to say such a thing to
him! Judging by your statements and your apparent affinity for CB radio,
your envy is obvious.

weird ass hams Fred Garvin Policy 1 November 18th 05 06:53 PM
weird ass hams Fred Garvin CB 1 November 18th 05 06:53 PM
Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 03:45 AM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM