Old March 6th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Mike G4KFK

Default What sort of community do we wish to be and do we wish to be seen to be?

G4ZWI wrote:
I am having difficulty in locating the last post from you that could
possibly fall in this category.
Could you please advise???

That's a bit unfair! He made the following post about challenges of VHF
construction in 1996.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.ra...6?dmode=source

I'm sure he'll come up with another useful contribution eventually - a
bit like the army of monkeys typing the works of Shakespeare!

73
Mike G4KFK
www.g4kfk.co.uk
Phone 07970 795422
Fax 07092 151344

Old March 6th 06, 04:16 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

Once again, I am obliged to you Mike, for correcting my oversight .....
(Mind you, I've only been playing on the NG a couple of months....)

7 3 Fred

Old March 6th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Spike

Mike G4KFK wrote:

G4ZWI wrote:

I am having difficulty in locating the last post from you that could
possibly fall in this category.
Could you please advise???

That's a bit unfair! He made the following post about challenges of VHF
construction in 1996.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.ra...6?dmode=source

I'm sure he'll come up with another useful contribution eventually - a
bit like the army of monkeys typing the works of Shakespeare!

But all he said was that "It is a greater technical challenge to
design and construct equipment for VHF than it is for HF."

Where in that posting is there any mention of "....discussing
and promoting the technologies of radio communications
and the natural phenomena that underly such communications?"?

Not a single technology, or a single natural phenomemon, is mentioned,
let alone discussed.....

from
Aero Spike
Old March 6th 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Mike G4KFK

Spike wrote:
Where in that posting is there any mention of "....discussing
and promoting the technologies of radio communications
and the natural phenomena that underly such communications?"?

Well, nowhere really .... but it was, without doubt, the most inspired
thing he's said in the last 10 years.