Old June 27th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code

Default Field day was great, even the phonies had fun and learned from us dinosaurs.

Did a lot of Elmering too, but that's what ham radio is about. Also glad
that we weren't outnumbered by appliance operators. With them, when a
computer goes down it's like the end of the world.

sc

Old June 27th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Default get help

Slow Code wrote:
Did a lot of Elmering too, but that's what ham radio is about.

nah you can't nobody could learn much with manner

Old June 27th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Retard Mark spam

an old friend wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Did a lot of Elmering too, but that's what ham radio is about.

nah you can't nobody could learn much with manner

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You sure didn't learn English, retard.

Old June 27th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
J. D. B.

I know what you mean about Elmering. Many of the new hams had to Elmer
the old CW only hams who had no idea how to operate a computer or even
use all the great new digital modes. Some of the dinos had trouble
trying to figure out the solid state rigs. They kept looking around for
things to tune like it was some boat anchor tube rig - LOL!!!

It's amazing how the dinos can operate a key, but they can't get the
hang of a mouse. We eventually had to give up. Can't teach the old dogs
new tricks so the younger and newer hams used the digital modes and the
old dinos stuck to their CW.

Although the CW types were amazed how PSK31 could be copied even when
you could not hear the other station. They admitted that you can't copy
CW if you cannot hear it.

I think we made a lot of progress on FD. Finally the dinos admitted that
there are modes that are better and more capable than CW.

One old guy even said we should give up on the CW testing and test new
hams how to use a computer and the new digital modes and that was more
relevant for today's ham radio.

Old June 27th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Detroit CW

"J. D. B." wrote:

I know what you mean about Elmering. Many of the new hams had to Elmer
the old CW only hams who had no idea how to operate a computer or even
use all the great new digital modes. Some of the dinos had trouble
trying to figure out the solid state rigs. They kept looking around for
things to tune like it was some boat anchor tube rig - LOL!!!

It's amazing how the dinos can operate a key, but they can't get the
hang of a mouse. We eventually had to give up. Can't teach the old dogs
new tricks so the younger and newer hams used the digital modes and the
old dinos stuck to their CW.

Same is true of some musicians. The older ones
just don't get computers, but they sure can wail up
a Force 5 hurricane on those old analog axes.

Although the CW types were amazed how PSK31 could be copied even when
you could not hear the other station. They admitted that you can't copy
CW if you cannot hear it.

I think we made a lot of progress on FD. Finally the dinos admitted that
there are modes that are better and more capable than CW.

One old guy even said we should give up on the CW testing and test new
hams how to use a computer and the new digital modes and that was more
relevant for today's ham radio.

Teach kids to cut-and-paste lip-sync trash
with a mouse before we teach them about
JL Hooker? Nah, that's not for me.
I'll hang with the old bands.

Old June 27th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore

Slow Code wrote:
Did a lot of Elmering too, but that's what ham radio is about. Also glad
that we weren't outnumbered by appliance operators. With them, when a
computer goes down it's like the end of the world.

While you, OTOH, when your hardware fails, simply drag out
the signaling flags, mirrors, and smoke signals?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old June 27th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Cecil Moore wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Did a lot of Elmering too, but that's what ham radio is about. Also glad
that we weren't outnumbered by appliance operators. With them, when a
computer goes down it's like the end of the world.

While you, OTOH, when your hardware fails, simply drag out
the signaling flags, mirrors, and smoke signals?

nah bateries and wrenchs
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 27th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint

Not a very good attempt at trolling. I know absolutely no one like the
people you describe.

"J. D. B." wrote in message
I know what you mean about Elmering. Many of the new hams had to Elmer the
old CW only hams who had no idea how to operate a computer or even use all
the great new digital modes. Some of the dinos had trouble trying to
figure out the solid state rigs. They kept looking around for things to
tune like it was some boat anchor tube rig - LOL!!!

Everyone operated solid state and semi-solid state rigs with no problems.
All knew how to operate the computers.

It's amazing how the dinos can operate a key, but they can't get the hang
of a mouse. We eventually had to give up. Can't teach the old dogs new
tricks so the younger and newer hams used the digital modes and the old
dinos stuck to their CW.

Not at our site. It's the older hams that have the expertise in connecting
the computers to the radios.

Although the CW types were amazed how PSK31 could be copied even when you
could not hear the other station. They admitted that you can't copy CW if
you cannot hear it.

I think we made a lot of progress on FD. Finally the dinos admitted that
there are modes that are better and more capable than CW.

Any really experienced ham knows that each and every mode has conditions
under which it is "the best". Ever try to work PSK when the auroras are
running wild? Digital won't get through but CW will and occasionally even
voice will get through even though all the digital modes fail.

You must have a very weird club.

One old guy even said we should give up on the CW testing and test new
hams how to use a computer and the new digital modes and that was more
relevant for today's ham radio.

I doubt it. Computers are nice (I use one all the time) but they are not
one of the basics.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old June 28th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Cecil Moore wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Did a lot of Elmering too, but that's what ham radio is about. Also glad
that we weren't outnumbered by appliance operators. With them, when a
computer goes down it's like the end of the world.

While you, OTOH, when your hardware fails, simply drag out
the signaling flags, mirrors, and smoke signals?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

He's not just Slow Code, he's slow everything, especially on the uptake.

Old June 28th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old freind

J. D. B. wrote:
Dee, I guess you need to get out more and make some friends. These
people are all around.

Dee Flint wrote:
Not a very good attempt at trolling. I know absolutely no one like the
people you describe.

indeed Dee does seem to have a vvery limtied circle