Old July 5th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default A question for nickle Generals and Extras. Would you renew your license?

In article ,
Slow Code wrote:

99% of the hams on usenet hate my proposal.

I can well believe that.

They think you shouldn't have
to be proficient at anything to have a ham radio license.

Nonsense. That's an illogical conclusion on your part, and _not_
something which has been stated, or can reasonably be inferred from
the postings that I have seen in these threads.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old July 5th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:00:06 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Hams just want to be appliance operators these days and they don't want
license exams that will interfere with them getting to those appliances
even though it means being less worthy. I don't see anyone modernizing
like everyone says is happening. They just get their licenses and grab a
microphone. What percentage of hams have a computer connected to a
radio? Probably less than 30%. Hams don't want to modernize. Guess we
just have live with inferior operators on the bands from here on out.

Get on PSK. Most people on most digital modes still roll their own,
at least a little.
Old July 5th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
Slow Code wrote:

99% of the hams on usenet hate my proposal.

I can well believe that.

They think you shouldn't have
to be proficient at anything to have a ham radio license.

Nonsense. That's an illogical conclusion on your part, and _not_
something which has been stated, or can reasonably be inferred from
the postings that I have seen in these threads.

at least he he is giving the truth more than 2 line brush off

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Old July 6th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

i think i would be a great head job extra
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 6th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

an old friend wrote:
get help sicko forger

Old July 8th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

In article . net,
Slow Code wrote:

They think you shouldn't have
to be proficient at anything to have a ham radio license.

Nonsense. That's an illogical conclusion on your part, and _not_
something which has been stated, or can reasonably be inferred from
the postings that I have seen in these threads.

OK then, Since we all want to be proficient, how about this:

snip exactly the same proposals SC has made before, concerning which
he's stated that "99%" of the people on USENET "hate", and which
contain positions even more radical than those which have already been
rejected by the FCC.

Trolling again, SC? Pity. If you were actually willing to engage in
a productive discussion you might actually do some good, but I don't
see any evidence of that.

PLONK.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old July 8th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Dave Platt wrote:
In article . net,
Slow Code wrote:

Trolling again, SC? Pity. If you were actually willing to engage in
a productive discussion you might actually do some good, but I don't
see any evidence of that.

in point of fact SC does some good by making the ProCode looks sillier
than tthan most of them are

PLONK.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Old July 8th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.scatology,rec.radio.cb

SC you are a great soldier.
"an old freind" wrote in message
ups.com...