Old July 12th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Why does slow code hate the ARS I asuume it is becuase one of his other names is hey stupid

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:03:09 -0500, "CW"
wrote:

with all due respect to you as a fellow ham I strongly disagree with your
position. I got my ticket the so called "right" way. I've held an advanced
(WA4***) class since I had to drive to the nearest office for for the
written and cw.
Remember when the dam questions weren't even allowed to be published?
Remember those stupid ass ARRL study manuals?Al,how was that better?

Better? I don't know. Who said it was?

But how many hams today could even understand a schematic, let alone
build a W2EWL rig? But how many SSB (or DSB) transmitters were
homebrew? Hams don't even build repeater controllers any longer -
everything is appliance. What's ham radio supposed to be (from the
government viewpoint) if not a training ground? For people who know
how to operate. Not for CBers on ham bands.

People are afraid of losing things if we have too few hams? Where
will the FCC's justification go (the "ham radio provides us with a
pool of experienced operators" thing) if ham radio is just CB on
different frequencies?
Old July 12th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:

with all due respect to you as a fellow ham I strongly disagree with your
position. I got my ticket the so called "right" way. I've held an advanced
(WA4***) class since I had to drive to the nearest office for for the
written and cw.
Remember when the dam questions weren't even allowed to be published?
Remember those stupid ass ARRL study manuals?Al,how was that better?

Better? I don't know. Who said it was?

you did

But how many hams today could even understand a schematic, let alone
build a W2EWL rig?

how many need to
But how many SSB (or DSB) transmitters were
homebrew?

I have a hombrew AM unit a cute little thing built from the plan in th
last issue of CQ VHF's first run I will call it
Hams don't even build repeater controllers any longer -
everything is appliance.

so?
What's ham radio supposed to be (from the
government viewpoint) if not a training ground?

and it is
For people who know
how to operate. Not for CBers on ham bands.

People are afraid of losing things if we have too few hams?

indeed they are
Where
will the FCC's justification go (the "ham radio provides us with a
pool of experienced operators" thing) if ham radio is just CB on
different frequencies?

how is thatever going to happen?
why are you so afraid of CB?

Old July 12th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On 11 Jul 2006 09:19:51 -0700, "an old friend"
wrote:

bull**** you realy are unamerican the No code movement has showne we
have the powerthe chnange to change interantional law and national
rules on this subject

Wake up - the world holds the US in contempt. Bush threw all our
political capital away.

Maxim and his crowd shown we could change mnds in officaldom after WW 1
when some folks did not want us back on the Air at all

You really don't see the difference between 1918 and 2006, do you?
We're not the dog any longer. We're not even the tail.
Old July 12th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:

bull**** you realy are unamerican the No code movement has showne we
have the powerthe chnange to change interantional law and national
rules on this subject

Wake up - the world holds the US in contempt.

Bull****

the No code movment (a multi national effort btw) got the the ITU
treaty amended as part of geting we think is best for the ARS

I will grant we may be wrong but we are proof that people ake a
difference
Bush threw all our
political capital away.

nope
he can't

Maxim and his crowd shown we could change mnds in officaldom after WW 1
when some folks did not want us back on the Air at all

You really don't see the difference between 1918 and 2006, do you?

there are differneces one of them is folks like you are too bussy
keeping your heads down to recnize that power
We're not the dog any longer. We're not even the tail.

but WE the Nocode hams ARE, you and your side have been resting on
their wilted glory for years