Old August 16th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

an old friend wrote:
wrote:
Al Klein wrote:
On 12 Aug 2006 18:58:18 -0700, "an old friend"

How did capacitors escape getting color coded?

ssshhhhh bb don't ask such questions please

Since a) you don't know the answer and b) they didn't.

Develop "b)" a little more.

he sure turning out like steve

even started following to most of the ngs I like to post in nice guy

Signal tracing will show it's the same transmitter.

Old August 16th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

From: Al Klein on Tues, Aug 15 2006 5:35 am
Groups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna, rec.radio.amateur.policy,
rec.radio.scanner,
rec.radio.swap

From: Al Klein on Sun, Aug 13 2006 9:15 pm

On 12 Aug 2006 18:58:18 -0700, "an old friend" wrote:
wrote:
How did capacitors escape getting color coded?
ssshhhhh bb don't ask such questions please

Since a) you don't know the answer and b) they didn't.

Klein, you said you were an OF. Any olde-fahrt ought to KNOW that
silver-mica capacitors were color-dot-coded for about a quarter
century. [look in the 1976 ARRL Handbook] Those flat cases
were eventually displaced by dipped silver-mica.

Paper tubular capacitors in molded plastic tubular casings were
marked with color bands and were on the market for at least
15 years, maybe 20...until aced out by ceramic disc capacitors
for general bypassing and coupling applications (by both tube
and transistor architecture electronics).

ANYONE with hands-on experience in electronics between 1950
and about 1970 would KNOW that. [okay, folks, looks like
there's another imposter here...at least this one isn't
trying to pass hisself off as some marine NCO...:-)

Try reading what I wrote.

Tsk, Klein, you don't write enough to read. It's all about
implications, inferences, and vague "truths" which don't
establish anything. Then you get ****ed off when others
don't accept your "word" on things.

I will ask directly: ARE you an olde-fahrt? Or long-timer?
If so, HOW LONG?

Try not to be too vague on this. Real truth will establish
your "rep" in here. So far you don't have much of a "rep"
except we all know you are a PRO-CODER.

"They didn't" ... "escape". Looks like the
impostor (as far as understanding simple English) isn't me.

I can't see anyone named "They didn't" in the Google message
list, nor that of "escape."

Simply put, if you can't establish any bona fides for your
alleged long-timerness, I'll just put you in the "imposter"
list. [lots of folks from here in there...]

Old August 16th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Al Klein wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:57:07 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Al Klein wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Following your line of reasoning, skill with buggy whips
should be part of the requirements for a driver's license.

For driving a four-in-hand, it should be. There's a keyer in my
fairly new rig.

Get you a four-on-the-floor Mustang and beat it with a
buggy whip to make it go faster?

Markie? Get out of Cecil's head.

the other standard tactic is to avoid the point

and again why are you such an ill mannered lout that you can't call me
Mark

Old August 16th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

..
Old August 17th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

From: Al Klein on Tues, Aug 15 2006 5:35 am

From: Al Klein on Sun, Aug 13 2006 9:15 pm

wrote:
[...]

I'm not the one who misread "capacitors didn't *ESCAPE* getting color
coded" for "capacitors didn't *GET* color coded" - YOU DID!

Old August 17th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

From: Al Klein on Wed, Aug 16 2006 6:15 pm

From: Al Klein on Tues, Aug 15 2006 5:35 am
From: Al Klein on Sun, Aug 13 2006 9:15 pm
wrote:
[...]

Nice attempt at misdirection, but a very old technique. :-)

That sort of misdirection is puerile (meaning childish).
If you have some bona fides on English grammar and some
false idea that ALL must be literal with NO departure from
such literalness, please state them. Otherwise go into
auto-fornication mode since we ain't buyin that, homie. :-)

Let's reprise. First you state that capacitors were never
color coded. You got called on that and corrected by more
than myself. Secondly, you've never admitted being wrong or
corrected. Third, you try to (badly) convince others that
those who corrected your statement are "wrong" or "at fault."

Amazing. You make mistakes and then try to convince all that
those mistakes never happened or that it is "wrong" to try to
correct your mistakes! :-)

Here's some more to chew on:

RFCs (Radio Frequency Chokes, inductors) in axial-lead plastic
tubular packages are STILL marked with color-code bands. There's
a MIL SPEC on that as all "long-time design engineers" should
know; such parts are even used in commercial market electronics.
It's really irrelevant HOW capacitors are marked as long anyone
using them can know their value and working voltage and
tolerance and apply them properly.

There are 7 (seven) amateur radio licensees in the USA that could
answer to "Al Klein." Are you one of those?

I can say without hesitation that I am NOT a licensed amateur.
I am a licensed commercial-professional in radio and have been
so for 50 years, beginning in military 24/7 big-time HF
communications 53 1/2 years ago. I have all sorts of valid
documentation on that and some in here have seen some of that.
Do you have ANYTHING in the way of ID? On the Internet?

Or, are you going to scribble meaningless misdirections in here,
attempting to portray some personal "outrage" for being
corrected? Especially about a well-known electronic component
identification method which you don't seem to know yet others
can verify?

I'll just put you down as an IMPOSTER poster, one of those
wanna-bees who might never have been anything but really,
really wants to be someone. That's up to you. I don't care.
I've seen your kind on the Internet, on the Bulletin Board
Systems since 1984. None have anything worthwhile to
contribute but all wanting to be a SOMEBODY on screens.

Old August 18th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On 17 Aug 2006 15:26:18 -0700, "
wrote:

Let's reprise. First you state that capacitors were never
color coded.

No, first YOU misunderstood "didn't escape being color coded" as
meaning "didn't get color coded". Then you tried to weasel out of
looking like the ass you are by looking even more stupid. You're not
worth my time.

plonk
Old August 18th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die? - Mark, Just ignore them.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:33:22 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in :

I'm not the one who misread "capacitors didn't *ESCAPE* getting color
coded" for "capacitors didn't *GET* color coded" - YOU DID!

and yet you dare to attack others for there mistakes take the lumps
you earn OM or bow out

Since I have you killfiled, I didn't see the original post, Markie,
and I probably won't see your reply if you post one, but dyslexia
doesn't excuse you for this one. Google has my original post, so I
have no need to defend what others don't understand. Yes, Murky, it's
YOUR mistake ... again.
Old August 18th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

From: Al Klein on Wed, Aug 16 2006 6:15 pm

From: Al Klein on Tues, Aug 15 2006 5:35 am
From: Al Klein on Sun, Aug 13 2006 9:15 pm
wrote:
[...]

who that we know does that Sound Like Len

remind you of a certain exMarine we know and loathe