Old August 24th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:20:07 -0500, "RLW" KookTard@anon wrote:

Hi Leslie!

"Woody" wrote in message
newsX1Hg.11659$hP6.9956@trnddc04...
I agree.
rb

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:19:25 GMT, "Woody" wrote:

Um.... you know, just saying "I agree" would have been a lot simpler and
saved you 2 pages of typing.... LOL.
rb
len likes to carry on

as is his right
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

He has delusions of grandeur.
http://www.marksspamblog.blogspot.com/

the writer delusion of course

Nope, you made the blog.

one of which is that he has a picture of me

oanother is that he has a mnind

And you don't.

Old August 24th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,alt.military.cap

Default If Lennie Anderson Had To Tell The Truth Once, Would Bill Clinton Swear Off Big Mac's and White House Interns? With "Engineers" Like Lennie, It's No Wonder Everything Says "Made In Someplace Other Than The United States"

From: an old freind on Tues, Aug 22 2006 4:16 pm

K4YZ wrote:
an old freind wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
tried the same old tired rhetoric:

But, challenge Robeson or call him in error and one will be
inundated with personal insults. Robeson MUST be right and
he MUST rule. Civil comportment be damned with Robeson in
newsgroups. Those newsgroups were (in his mind) created to
showcase Him?

Yep.

agreeing for once get help

Get help for what?

well a pro needs to way but Id say meglomanina paranoia, pathological
lying for starts

Give up on Robesin, Mark. He MUST remain "right" and He
"must" rule. He isn't interested in civility. Once an
"enemy" of his, always an enemy in his mind. Sick way to
be but he is that way, repeatedly. He just proved it in
the message you replied to.

He is setting the example for all hams. Not going to help
the amateur ranks in getting more hams but that is not,
apparently, his point. Robesin needs to come out on TOP in
his own mind, be chieftan, be the warlord.

He also wants rec.radio.amateur. policy all his own to do with
as he sees fit. [probably to have his daily fits in...]

Ech...

but titles like that are Robeson stock in trade my content in his posts
just ranting on and on about epople instead of Issues

Absolutely true, Mark. He tries to belittle his "enemies" so that
He looks good. Problem is, it is working in reverse and he is only
belittling himself.

Says the blowhard who can't even pass the No Code Technician Amateur
exam. Some "electronics expert" you are.

Old August 24th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,alt.military.cap

an old fraud wrote:

I use him for punching bag hopeing he might give it up

Markie, you are everybody's punching bag.

did you catch the bit where he claims that he is acting as MY firend I
am gald I was not drinking something , i might have choked to death

We can only hope you would choke to death......

in a few day weeks or months I will quit this feild signing off here as
KB9RQZ/AE

That will never happen, you are too stupid to pass the theory tests.

Old August 24th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Al Klein wrote:
Ever try taking dictation at 100wpm spoken speed in a foreign
language? I have. Even in one I understand, it's difficult. In one
I don't understand it's impossible. Maybe you're better than I am.

I can certainly write down Spanish spoken at my CW
speed of 13 wpm which is the whole point. If one speaks
faster, I may not be able to copy it. If one sends CW
to me faster than 13 wpm, for sure I cannot copy it even
in English.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old August 24th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Cecil Moore wrote:
Al Klein wrote:
Ever try taking dictation at 100wpm spoken speed in a foreign
language? I have. Even in one I understand, it's difficult. In one
I don't understand it's impossible. Maybe you're better than I am.

I can certainly write down Spanish spoken at my CW
speed of 13 wpm which is the whole point. If one speaks
faster, I may not be able to copy it. If one sends CW
to me faster than 13 wpm, for sure I cannot copy it even
in English.

interesting how Al Keeps changing the condictions franticaly trying to
make a point
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 24th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:52:28 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Al Klein wrote:
Ever try taking dictation at 100wpm spoken speed in a foreign
language? I have. Even in one I understand, it's difficult. In one
I don't understand it's impossible. Maybe you're better than I am.

I can certainly write down Spanish spoken at my CW
speed of 13 wpm

Really? You listen to people speaking at 13 wpm? What are they on?
It sounds like good stuff.
Old August 24th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default If you had to use CW... would robesin still be an idiot?

From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:58 pm

From: Cecil Moore on Wed, Aug 23 2006 6:38 am

Instead of using verbal communications, how
about a parable about how those Boy Scouts could have
chosen to use Morse Code?

Your question is unconnected to your first sentence.

How does one "use morse code" to save a drowning
child? Why would they do that if they were in close
proximity?

Darn those Cell Phones! A cell phone was used to call paramedics, not
a code key.

Impossible according to the rabid morsemen. "ALL" infrastructure
(including cell phones) "FAIL" in emergencies! :-)

Please tell us why it is SO important to be "correct"
on details of the Titanic disaster that happened 94
years ago?

I asked another in here who-what-why-where-when of
amateur radio saving any lives via morse code. That
hasn't been answered yet.

Nor will it be.

MYTHOLOGY cannot be argued logically. It is part of the lore,
the mystique promulgated by groups who think they are far
more than they really are.

The ARRL resells a few fictional novels by a single author
(a gal) whose subject is mainly "saving the day" with
amateur radio, several of which are supposed to feature
the "life-saving abilities" of morsemanship. I've never
read any, just read the ad copy for them on the ARRL
website. In the writing trade those are known as
"teen-age novels" and are for the under-adult age group.

Some folks think those works of fiction are "real" and like
to cite them to those of us who know better. That and all
the other tales of the Olde Dayes when Kode was King and
all the "best" radio men pounded brass. That was long, long
ago when radio was new, something to communicate with that
did not exist before it came along.

Maybe you can supply the details?

Cecil can't. Cecil tried to appease the morse jihadists a while back
by joining in their rrap cw net. In the end, they still can't stand
his views on morse testing.

The RRAP morse jahidists MUST have THEIR way. They NEED
the elitist identification to prove they are "somebodies"
who are "better" than ordinary mortals through morsemanship.
They get very tiresome rather quickly.

I'm calling them the new "Al-Code-ah" since they might be
organized and beginning to terrorize amateurs with their
demands of code-testing-forever in the USA.

I've nothing against those who LIKE to use morse code and
find pleasure in that mode. I am totally against those who
DEMAND that ALL MUST test for morsemanship (at any speed)
just to get an amateur radio license. They are fixated on
their youth and times past, trying to delude themselves that
time has marched on and all of electronics technology has
changed many times over since They began.

It's quite remarkable viewing some of those olde-tymers
trying to tout their "I am the greatest" bragging, especially
so since I began in radio communications back before some of
them had yet to be born or at least before they became teen-
agers! These olde-tymers blabber on about the efficacy of
morsemanship long, long after ALL the other radio services
stopped using morse. For them time stood still...or they
refused to acknowledge the inexorable passage of time.

The "Al-Code-Ah" continue in their Jihad...

Old August 24th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm

From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

Robesin is merely a product of the "incentive" licensing
system where all those who hunger for being a "somebody"
can get a Title - Rank - Privilege through a singular skill.

If it doesn't have rank or a uniform, Robesin isn't interested.

That certainly seems the case. The "uniform" is his
emperor's new clothes...

Lessee. He's got a Marine uniform (he says). A Tennessee State Guard
uniform (whatever that is), an ill-fitting Air Force CAP flight suit
uniform, and a male nurses uniform. And he has lots of military medals
that he never earned (according to him).

You know, whenever I saw folks in the CAP uniform at any Air Force
Base, including Maxwell, they work the 4b or Class A. Never ever saw a
CAP in a flight suit before robesin's well advertised home page.

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

I didn't make that system, neither did you, neither did
anyone in these four forums. The FCC took a big chunk out
of it (license classes and morsemanship skill) with the
Restructuring of 2000 and that ****ed off the Title-Rank-
Status seekers. Devout morsemen are angry and venting steam
because their self-esteem has fallen.

Only in their minds. They are the very same good or bad hams that they
were with all the layers of hamdom.

All of those "layers" hams are examples to the general public,
good or bad or indifferent. So?

"Self-esteem" is a nice-nice word for EGO tied in with self-
perception. Trying to represent themselves as "expert" radio
persons in this new millennium is a rather stupid idea of those
devout morsepersons when they want to force the FCC to keep the
code test.

Some do. Some don't. robesin does.

He's a bad example for the morsemen.

Those who LIKE morse code should, and can, go on using it.

Roger.

Roger that. salute

That
is in no sense any validity for making it an amateur radio test
requirement for a license.

No valid reason to maintain it as a barrier to the ARS.

Oh, oh...in the PC (Political Correctness) of morsedom,
the code test cannot possibly ever be a "barrier."

ALL "good hams" should WORK for their AMATEUR licenses!

Those that won't are worse than river-bottom slime...:-)

Trying to speak logically, the FCC grants amateur licenses
in the USA and even they proposed (via an NPRM) to eliminate
the amateur radio morse code test for a license. FCC is on
record of a couple decades ago that this singular manual
skill test does not tell them if a license applicant is
worthy of a federal license.

Simply amazing. EIGHTEEN years alleged on active duty and
he can't supply a single photo or document to support his
claim? In November of this year I can truthfully say I've
been in the southern California aerospace business 50 years.
I have all sorts of documentation and photos on that which
I may fully digitize some day (some are already digitized).
Some time ago I posted my resume in here...which only made
Robesin ballistic then since he has NO comparable
experience in industry and cannot prove any radio experience
other than amateur and alleged "chief operator" status at
some small MARS station long ago. [that was before his
less-than-a-half-year as a purchasing agent at a small
set top box maker]

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

It's easy to "get." He wasn't what he says he was. He hasn't
supplied a single bit of evidence to prove his claims.

Now it all makes sense.

It was all one great big super-brag.

Robesin used the wrong word/acronym for a RESUME' presented
as part of an interview for a job.

Thought he had a "killer" job as a male nurse?

God forbid!

Robesin an academic? Not in this lifetime.

It's just his inappropriate use of what to him are important sounding
words and acronyms.

Some of those he makes up as he goes along.

Probably how his career in the Marines was invented.

Well, he might have been in the reserves?

The rec.radio newsgroups have showcased Robesin. He HAS earned his
reputation. He's worked very hard for it.

He's hardly worked in radio.

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

Old August 24th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 8:10 pm

From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

It's "minority rule" when ARRL lobbies for preservation of
morse code test for any amateur radio license class. The
ARRL membership is slightly less than a quarter of all US
amateur radio licensees.

The ARRL is trying to soften their image - the latest QST shows a
person using a, gulp, microphone on the FRONT cover!

Good grief! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

It may be for some.

I pity the Al-Code-Ah and their absurd zealousness of the old.

Just inside is yet another article on building a code key - from a door
hinge.

Oh, goody...HIGH TECH construction article.

They didn't mention wether you should use oil or conductive grease on
the hinge.

They should use "RF Grease" - same stuff to lower VSWR on
feedlines...

Would they follow that with another article on the door itself?
Like, I mean, making the door a jar? :-)

Wow! We almost leaped from a door hinge to a jar head.

Oh, my! :-) Now comes the "outrage" from a wanna-be jar head.

I was thinking more of the image of Jar-Jar Binks having come
to earth in Newington and invading the editors offices of QST.

[see the 4th "Star Wars" film to find out who Jar-Jar Binks
is and morsemen should quit viewing "Independence Day" for
the umpteenth time... :-) ]

This just in from The ARRL Letter, Vol. 25, No. 33, August 18, 2006

"ARRL First Vice President Kay Craigie, N3KN, represented the League at the
Global Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Conference 2006."

"Craigie stressed that Amateur Radio needs to avoid "being dazzled by our
own press clippings into thinking that we are the big dog in emergency
telecommunications.""

She refers to robesin-like attitudes within the ARS.

Oh. My. God. ! ! !

Tsk, just because NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX, ESPN, and PBS haven't
covered the tremendously fantastic wonderfullest huge contribution
to saving lives and property via ham radio? Gosh, there are all
sorts of clippings from obscure weekly and biweekly newspapers
dutifully cut-and-pasted into messages here from Robesin & Co.

And probably at least as credible as the rest of the news they carry.

Weeklies and bi-weeklies serve their communities okay. It's
when their reporters get overly ambitious and start copying
copy from other sources when they get into trouble.

Maybe I'll have to write the Department of Defense and say that
"Major" Robesin said that radio amateurs run MARS!

He did.

We KNOW Major Dud said that in here over and over and over and
over and over and over again, but did he really write DoD?

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right and all the other radio services are switching to morse
code for all emergency communications a la ham radio

The American Public would sue them for slow service and wrongful
deaths.

Well, the reporting of those civil court cases would be
NEW COPY for the papers! Wanna bet that the ARRL would try
to spin that off as "good for the ARS?" :-)

...the sky has truly fallen!

The other shoe would drop.

The end is near...

doo-dah, doo-dah...

Old August 24th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Al Klein wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
I can certainly write down Spanish spoken at my CW
speed of 13 wpm

Really? You listen to people speaking at 13 wpm? What are they on?
It sounds like good stuff.

Your objection was that I cannot write Spanish at 100 wpm.
I admit that but I know how to say "despacio" until they
slow down so I can write it down. Since I can copy CW
at 13 wpm, that seems to be a reasonable comparison.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp